Tuesday practice report...

kkep48

PirateVol
Dave Nathan said on SportsTalk today that Gerald Jones will indeed be out for some time, but nobody knows how long for sure. Really looks like he'll be redshirting. Due to that, he said Ahmad Pagie, who was def. redshirting, could see some more time now.

Defensively, Vinson was seeing the majority of his time in the defensive backfield and McKenzie was seeing a lot of time at OLB, as expected. Colquitt is kicking and is fine, hopes to kick off vs. Georgia.

All of this per Dave Nathan.

Dave Nathan said on SportsTalk today that Gerald Jones will indeed be out for some time, but nobody knows how long for sure. Really looks like he'll be redshirting. Due to that, he said Ahmad Pagie, who was def. redshirting, could see some more time now.

Defensively, Vinson was seeing the majority of his time in the defensive backfield and McKenzie was seeing a lot of time at OLB, as expected. Colquitt is kicking and is fine, hopes to kick off vs. Georgia.

Jones is out for the season and will seek a RS soon.

McKenzie at OLB? As expected?

How much more help does UT need at OLB? Isn't that the postion Myers-White and Chris Donald are playing at? Where does McKenzie fit in at? 3rd team? 4th team?

How much more help does UT need at OLB? Isn't that the postion Myers-White and Chris Donald are playing at? Where does McKenzie fit in at? 3rd team? 4th team?

McKenzie is a junior, so Donald's PT really will not be cut into. If he was as good as touted, he'd beat out a SS moving to OLB.

McKenzie should play immediately IMO simply because the top 3 aren't cutting it right now.

I dont understand...Dee Morely never knew what the hell he was doing in the secondary and he played...why not McKenzie? Parrish looks lost way, way too much...

That was where he was recruited, wasn't it?

yes but in the package he played at JUCO he had to do nothing but lay the stick on people. He has no idea how to cover anyone. I'm not sure if he's even capable of covering anyone. It seems he's not since they want to move him to OLB.

I dont understand...Dee Morely never knew what the hell he was doing in the secondary and he played...why not McKenzie? Parrish looks lost way, way too much...

Moreley was more talented than McKenzie is. But I'm not really sure whether he knew what he was doing or not. He looked pretty darn good to me though. Parrish just isn't really that talented.

yes but in the package he played at JUCO he had to do nothing but lay the stick on people. He has no idea how to cover anyone. I'm not sure if he's even capable of covering anyone. It seems he's not since they want to move him to OLB.

oh...i see what you meant ... that really sucks, though. I think that most of us looked to him as a potential savior out there over Parrish....oh well, more good news I guess. At least he'll maybe see the field this way.

oh...i see what you meant ... that really sucks, though. I think that most of us looked to him as a potential savior out there over Parrish....oh well, more good news I guess. At least he'll maybe see the field this way.

I figured he'd come right in and start as well. I hadn't heard anything about this coverage stuff until he got on campus.

who knows...he was getting pushed behind Rogan at ss who was a rb in high school

exactly, if a freshman who didn't even play the position in high school is ahead of him on the depth chart, it's time to see what he can do elsewhere. as hard as he hits and his athleticism, beef him up just a tad and see what he can do.

So whats our depth chart look like now at OLB!
McCoy at one side and Ryan Karl at the other!
and their backups are Dorian Davis and Meyers White..
so i guess McKenzie is third team.. Unless he can beat out Meyers white, which is unlikely since White is about to start over Karl.. and He could beat out Dorian Davis, who hardly ever plays anyways..
but can he beat out Karl maybe? idk

Karl's a little banged up but he looked better in pass coverage on Harvin last weekend than anybody.

So whats our depth chart look like now at OLB!
McCoy at one side and Ryan Karl at the other!
and their backups are Dorian Davis and Meyers White..
so i guess McKenzie is third team.. Unless he can beat out Meyers white, which is unlikely since White is about to start over Karl.. and He could beat out Dorian Davis, who hardly ever plays anyways..
but can he beat out Karl maybe? idk

we'll have to see how he does with the transition. I dont think he really plays very much this year. Dorian Davis is actually an improving player. Also LaMarcus Thompson had a solid spring. We're loaded at the OLB for the future, especially if Donald doesn't move to DE.

During Fulmer's print press conference, he said that the sam backer played a lot like a saftey in their nickel package.

VN Store

Back