Trump Will Destroy Children's Lives Just For a Political Jab

Poison the well much?

Let me try.

I don't see how any rational, functioning adult could possibly make a convincing argument that nutrient dense fruits and vegetables are not a better option for the developing minds and bodies than school "pizza" slices of empty carbohydrates. Given what we've been taught about the food pyramid ( a total effing lie) and .gov subsidies on cheap beef, it's no wonder America is full of disgusting fat bodies rolling through the aisles at Walmart on a scooter.

Only a complete moron would believe that providing kids with healthy meals and starting them down the path to understanding nutrition at a young age would be a bad idea. This isn't partisan, at least it shouldn't be - it's common sense.
Only a complete moron would believe that federal government regulations are the best way to get schools to provide healthy meals.

Poison the well much?

Let me try.

I don't see how any rational, functioning adult could possibly make a convincing argument that nutrient dense fruits and vegetables are not a better option for the developing minds and bodies than school "pizza" slices of empty carbohydrates. Given what we've been taught about the food pyramid ( a total effing lie) and .gov subsidies on cheap beef, it's no wonder America is full of disgusting fat bodies rolling through the aisles at Walmart on a scooter.

Only a complete moron would believe that providing kids with healthy meals and starting them down the path to understanding nutrition at a young age would be a bad idea. This isn't partisan, at least it shouldn't be - it's common sense.

The federal government isn't taking away fruit and vegetable options.

This isn't Armageddon.

It kind of is.

Diabetes, heart disease, cancer etc... The estimated health care costs of obesity related illnesses are a staggering $190 BILLION or bear 21% of the annual medical spending in the U.S. Childhood obesity alone is responsible for $14 billion in direct medical costs. $4.3 Billion in business losses due to obesity related absenteeism. If this were an illness, we'd be (as a society) bending over backwards to reign it in.

childhood-obesity-epidemic-1.jpg

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
Only a complete moron would believe that federal government regulations are the best way to get schools to provide healthy meals.

You're right - good thing no one actually said that.

The "best" way would be to get rid of the sugar and beef subsidies that make it cheaper to eat a value meal at mcdonalds than it is to eat a dinner of fruits, vegetables and lean meats. In essence, repealing some of the .gov's handouts to artificially tip the scales in favor of foods that make america fat. Unwittingly, you made my point for me.

Give the libs a break. They need the gubment to tell them what to eat.

Since you felt the need to inject partisanship, see below for your reading pleasure. Can you connect the dots on what most of these states have in common politically?

Map: Overall Obesity
Prevalence† of Self-Reported Obesity Among U.S. Adults by State and Territory, BRFSS, 2018

†Prevalence estimates reflect BRFSS methodological changes started in 2011. These estimates should not be compared to prevalence estimates before 2011.

Overall-obesity-prevalence-in-the-US-among-US-adults-by-state-and-territory-2018-CDC-1024x791.png

It's not a coincidence that some of the poorest and most obese states in the country tend to lean Republican

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
Since you felt the need to inject partisanship, see below for your reading pleasure. Can you connect the dots on what most of these states have in common politically?

Prevalence† of Self-Reported Obesity Among U.S. Adults by State and Territory, BRFSS, 2018

†Prevalence estimates reflect BRFSS methodological changes started in 2011. These estimates should not be compared to prevalence estimates before 2011.

brfss_2018_ob_white.svg

It's not a coincidence that some of the poorest and most obese states in the country tend to lean Republican
I didn't think there was any such thing as a "lean Republican." I thought we were all fat slobs.

Reactions: Septic

brfss_2018_ob_white.svg

Yes red states with large African American populations have more obese people and diabetes than other states.

It kind of is.

Diabetes, heart disease, cancer etc... The estimated health care costs of obesity related illnesses are a staggering $190 BILLION or bear 21% of the annual medical spending in the U.S. Childhood obesity alone is responsible for $14 billion in direct medical costs. $4.3 Billion in business losses due to obesity related absenteeism. If this were an illness, we'd be (as a society) bending over backwards to reign it in.

childhood-obesity-epidemic-1.jpg

Perhaps the federal government should be more involved. Apparently these federal agencies and programs aren't enough (on top of local governments and private charities) to keep kids from starving or getting fat:

Office of Community Food Systems (OCFS)

Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)

Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP)

National School Lunch Program (NSLP)

School Breakfast Program (SBP)

Special Milk Program (SMP)

Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)

Team Nutrition Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (CNPP)

Food Assistance for Disaster Relief (FADR)

Food Distribution Programs/USDA Foods

Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)

Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)

Temporary Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)

Office of Food Safety

Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

Farmers' Market Nutrition Program / Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (FMNP)/(SFMNP)

Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP)

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

Nutrition Assistance Block Grants, including Nutrition Assistance for Puerto Rico

brfss_2018_ob_white.svg

Have you called 1800 dot gov to see what you should eat for breakfast? It's getting late.

I didn't make it political the communist OP did. It's supposed to be a free 'effing country the last time I checked. I think it's ironic your side is ok with allowing people to pollute their bodies with meth, heroine etc. But want to go after people that eat bacon. More hypocrisy.

Kids are getting fatter, that’s a fact. Feel free to let the status quo keep working for your kids

No he's right, the government shouldn't be in the business of dictating what people eat or don't eat. Educating and providing a level playing field for AG producers is the role they should be playing and that's not happening.

Have you called 1800 dot gov to see what you should eat for breakfast? It's getting late.

I didn't make it political the communist OP did. It's supposed to be a free 'effing country the last time I checked. I think it's ironic your side is ok with allowing people to pollute their bodies with meth, heroine etc. But want to go after people that eat bacon. More hypocrisy.

I see you've resorted to straw-manning as a response to your partisanship injecting blunder, good job.

First, America isn't remotely close to being a "free" country, so check again.
B. "My side" would prefer the government get out of the business of telling it's citizens what to do with their bodies in totality. But it also recognizes the crisis that intervening via regulation caused.

Your side is conflicted as usual. You can't recognize which way you want to go? Tell people do what you want with your bodies as long as you do what we tell you to do with your bodies.

Bringing up the old "strawman". First sign of not being able to reconcile your position.

VN Store

Back