Trump replies to letter from 8 year old

never thought about it to be honest.

assuming I am actually selling my kidney to a unknown individual I would say your 100k to 250k is about right. I would have to have a whole bunch of tests done before I could give you the real number. most are probably done when testing to see if you can donate.

my fear, and why my price might be higher, is if my kidneys weren't great or I was predisposed. which may remove me all together. but if there were potential issues I would jack up my costs, while conversely driving down my value. but this is from a pure functional standpoint more than greed. you can donate lungs. pretty much no cost could get me to sell a lung to a stranger. give it to a loved one, yeah. sell it no. skin I would sell pretty cheap. piece of the liver (never understood how that works) would also be pretty cheap.

There are lots of poor folks that would sell them for far less. Me, in my current situation? I don't sell until the price reaches a high 7 figures. If I lost everything and I needed money to save the life of a relative, I imagine my price would go way down.

Depends on previous life choices, present health, and age. You should temper or qualify your answer.

It's too stupid to even to sit back and believe that a human being only needs one kidney. My answer doesn't need qualifying. Huffs premise is coming from a person whose understanding of human anatomy and physiology is limited to his google abilities.

It's too stupid to even to sit back and believe that a human being only needs one kidney. My answer doesn't need qualifying. Huffs premise is coming from a person whose understanding of human anatomy and physiology is limited to his google abilities.
I know at least three people whom function perfectly fine on one kidney. I know another that is struggling on one, and one that is struggling on two.

There are lots of poor folks that would sell them for far less. Me, in my current situation? I don't sell until the price reaches a high 7 figures. If I lost everything and I needed money to save the life of a relative, I imagine my price would go way down.
He was asking me in my current situation.

Reactions: ClearwaterVol
I know at least three people whom function perfectly fine on one kidney. I know another that is struggling on one, and one that is struggling on two.
I know a guy who was going to donate his as a live donor, but the match he had died. within the year he had an accident that ruined one of kidneys, and a bunch of other stuff. had to remove himself for that. freaky how close he came. not saying this weigh the argument.

I'd be all ears if you could supply some support for the idea that you need both.

Google is great, because it will tell you what you don't know, even when you think you do.

"As you're probably aware, humans have two kidneys, but need only one to survive. People may be born with just one kidney, or have one removed after injury or for a donation. In general, people with one kidney have few or no health problems, and have a normal life expectancy, according to the National Kidney Foundation. Technically, people can live with no kidneys, but require dialysis."

What Organs Can You Live Without?

I know a guy who was going to donate his as a live donor, but the match he had died. within the year he had an accident that ruined one of kidneys, and a bunch of other stuff. had to remove himself for that. freaky how close he came. not saying this weigh the argument.

Did he lose both kidneys?

Did he lose both kidneys?
no. I think he ended up keeping both, but one is compromised. honestly haven't asked after it in a while.

he walked away from the wreck with almost no external injuries, but was messed up on the inside pretty bad.

Huff, I'm sure if you can "wink" at the right person you can get rid of one of your kidneys for a price that you'd find quite handsome and your significant other would find only half as much as you could give.

The market solution to the wait list is a very simple solution. Fixing the American diet is a seemingly impossible solution.
If everyone is unhelathy and unable to donate that doesn’t fix anything. You are treating a kidney like a fuel filter on a 99 Honda. They aren’t plug and play, nor can they simply be obtained from any Joe Shmoe regardless of how much money is thrown at them. The obesity rate is climbing and the life expectancy is going down. Our pool of applicants sucks. It needs to be remediated, and I think through that process you’ll find a lot of the transplant issues will take care of themselves.

If everyone is unhelathy and unable to donate that doesn’t fix anything. You are treating a kidney like a fuel filter on a 99 Honda. They aren’t plug and play, nor can they simply be obtained from any Joe Shmoe regardless of how much money is thrown at them. The obesity rate is climbing and the life expectancy is going down. Our pool of applicants sucks. It needs to be remediated, and I think through that process you’ll find a lot of the transplant issues will take care of themselves.

Good luck with getting people to change their lifestyles.

There is an overarching problem that is exacerbating the symptom you’re concerned about and directly impacts your solution but glwt? Lol.

I'm interested in easy, non-invasive fixes/improvements to societal problems, like with kidney shortages where all we need is for government to get out of the way. You and Michelle Obama can try to tackle obesity with government solutions. Good luck to you.

Reactions: MercyPercy
I'm interested in easy, non-invasive fixes/improvements to societal problems, like with kidney shortages where all we need is for government to get out of the way. You and Michelle Obama can try to tackle obesity with government solutions. Good luck to you.
I literally rolled my eyes and laughed while reading this post in relation to this whole thread.

1,183 people have died waiting for a donor since this thread was started. Is everybody still opposed to a market for kidneys, which would have saved those lives?

Who is paying for it?
The first real question that has been asked. First obvious answer would be insurance companies, which really means other policy holders. Next would be the government pays for it, which ultimately means the taxpayer foots the bill. The last option would be a charity or gofundme site.

Reactions: tumscalcium
The first real question that has been asked. First obvious answer would be insurance companies, which really means other policy holders. Next would be the government pays for it, which ultimately means the taxpayer foots the bill. The last option would be a charity or gofundme site.
Thank you.

FTR...i am for a free market on organs that people can live without like kidneys, though off the top of my head, I cant think of another 1 that you could sell...i believe you can donate half of your liver and it grows back..but I could be wrong about that.

I also firmly believe in euthanasia for terminally ill folks...and dont see why anyone in the world or this thread thinks it is YOUR place to tell someone else they cannot medically take their own life instead of needlessly suffering, torturing them and their fanilies. Having watched cancer eat my dad alive last year, let me give yall an emphatic "EFF YOU" if you think it is your place to tell me or anyone else that we should have to suffer while a disease eats us alive

Worry about you and your body
Keep your worries, regulations, and restrictions off of mine, ok?

BTW, lots of older folks in this thread, and I am no spring chicken. What % of people you think die with dignity? Think you will be among them? Good chance you are paying someone else to come clean you after you **** yourself. Every time. Sound like fun? No? Then how do you ever figure its your place to tell someone else they cant die on their own terms? You sure want to. People that are terminally ill, or in pain that cannot be controlled, have every bit as much right to die as you have to live.

Reactions: davethevol

VN Store

Back