Trump bullies the CDC and schools

Is bullying bad again? We've seen lots of it since George Floyd was killed, but strangely, none of that bullying was called out. In fact, much of it was defended. Wait, is this another one of those things where it's okay for one side to do it, but not the other? Should have figured...

I didn't know all liars would be out of politics by Dec 31. Good to knowm

Heh.

Trump during pandemic:

* Ignores the CDC.
* Withdraws from WHO.
* Says wearing masks good, yet doesn't wear one.
* Says tests not needed, yet gets tested daily.
* Hold rallies with no masks, social distancing.

Priceless.

You are so lame.

Is there some magical force inside the school walls that make kids vulnerable to this all of a sudden?

It's not that kids without pre-existing conditions will die. It's about spreading the virus (and the unknown long term effects of COVID). K-12 schools are probably the number 1 place viruses spread in the US. Arizona partially opened up and our COVID numbers are exploding, and that's without schools being in session still.

Let's forget about politics for a second and just consider smart policy and the economy. If opening the schools up contributes significantly to the spread of the disease, will that be good or bad for the economy?

Reactions: Purple Tiger
Trump trashes CDC school-reopening guidelines -- then CDC updates them - CNNPolitics

The ultimate in politics bullying science. Any physician or scientist with an ounce of backbone working at the CDC would march out tomorrow in protest. Trump's temper tantrums and deliberate indifference to the risk of more infection he creates with each of these actions is just astounding.

Regardless of where you come down on the issue, Trump should not override the scientific community, especially where lives are at stake, to suit his own ends. When we start burying teachers and kids and parents because the virus was caught at school, that is going to be one hell of an albatross around his neck.

The left: listen to the experts

Me: you mean the pediatricians who said to reopen schools?

The left: no! Only the ones who agree with us! Science denier!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.us...rn-to-schools-despite-coronavirus?context=amp

I actually think you could have a locale that examines their own situation and comes up with a way to balance the risks such that they could offer brick and mortar school hours, albeit perhaps modified in some way.

What bothers me is that Trump sends out a tweet disavowing the CDC on the issue, demands all schools be open, regardless of circumstances, and threatens to cut off federal aid if they dare defy him.

I honestly do not understand how anyone could possibly defend that.
These guys are more worried about some comment from a fringe element than they are about disturbing comments from POTUS

Heh.

Trump during pandemic:

* Ignores the CDC.
* Withdraws from WHO.
* Says wearing masks good, yet doesn't wear one.
* Says tests not needed, yet gets tested daily.
* Hold rallies with no masks, social distancing.

Priceless.
You left an important one out:

* Still desperately trying to invalidate the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) while not having a plan to replace it with anything. On June 26th, the Trump Administration asked the Supreme Court to overturn the ACA. If successful, this would wipe out health insurance coverage for as many as 23 million Americans at the height of a pandemic which has already resulted in the deaths of over 100,000 Americans and is currently overrunning our nation's hospitals. What great leadership.

Schools should be open and I know I'm sending mine. Kids aren't getting this. Kids aren't transmitting this to others

This is the exact opposite of what Cuomo did that cost thousands of lives and the left cheered him

"On Tuesday, in testimony to the Israeli parliament, Dr. Udi Kliner, Sadetzki’s deputy, reported that schools—not restaurants or gyms—turned out to be the country’s worst mega-infectors."

'The Second Wave' of COVID Hits Israel Like a Tsunami

Reactions: Purple Tiger
It's not that kids without pre-existing conditions will die. It's about spreading the virus (and the unknown long term effects of COVID). K-12 schools are probably the number 1 place viruses spread in the US. Arizona partially opened up and our COVID numbers are exploding, and that's without schools being in session still.

Let's forget about politics for a second and just consider smart policy and the economy. If opening the schools up contributes significantly to the spread of the disease, will that be good or bad for the economy?

I dont even venture into the politics, dont care.

Kids dont spread it to adults. Time to move forward.

Reactions: volfanjustin
Is bullying bad again? We've seen lots of it since George Floyd was killed, but strangely, none of that bullying was called out. In fact, much of it was defended. Wait, is this another one of those things where it's okay for one side to do it, but not the other? Should have figured...
The President of the United States will be held to a higher standard of conduct than other citizens. That is the standard that Trump signed up for when he made the decision to run for President. Trump likes to threaten to "pull funding" from any entity which has a different opinion on a certain course of action than he does. Trump has shown this to be the case even when this difference of opinion is reasonable and involves concerns over a health care crisis, where the consequences for a premature decision can lead to mass hospitalizations which overrun our health care facilities. That is currently happening in parts of Texas and Florida. Trump is a bully, who makes impulsive threats when others disagree with him... even when that disagreement involves a concern for the health and well-being of children. It's ridiculous and irresponsible.

Is this where we choose to disregard studies?

Show me the study you're talking about, because the study (the French one) I know about is not very robust and the people that put it out said we need more science.

I bet they called football in Ivy League in retaliation.

OP at the start of every day and then news about Trump begins to air.

960x0.gif

Like I asked during the unconstitutional lockdowns, how long are they supposed to keep schools closed? Will they also start closing schools every time flu season rolls around?

The President of the United States will be held to a higher standard of conduct than other citizens. That is the standard that Trump signed up for when he made the decision to run for President. Trump likes to threaten to "pull funding" from any entity which has a different opinion on a certain course of action than he does. Trump has shown this to be the case even when this difference of opinion is reasonable and involves concerns over a health care crisis, where the consequences for a premature decision can lead to mass hospitalizations which overrun our health care facilities. That is currently happening in parts of Texas and Florida. Trump is a bully, who makes impulsive threats when others disagree with him... even when that disagreement involves a concern for the health and well-being of children. It's ridiculous and irresponsible.

Do these standards apply to other politicians as well? I would think they do, but then, I've seen the poor behavior of plenty of politicians, both left and right, defended on this board. It's funny how selective people are with applying "standards".

VN Store

Back