Trump bullies the CDC and schools

His point, I believe, is that there are so many other viruses that kill so many more school age kids than Covid has or will. So why even EVER open the schools?
I expected you to get it, I didn't expect people like him to. He didn't disappoint

Reactions: Y9 Vol
Where do you live, kiddiedoc? Nashville has been hit very hard with the coronavirus. if you are not aware.

Since the beginning of the outbreak. Metro has been advised by Dr. William Shaffner, a VU professor and one of the nation's foremost infectious disease and preventative medicine doctors. He has been asked to advise corporations and the fed and state governments on COVID. If he thinks schools need to be delayed in Nashville, I trust his judgment.

COVID decision making based on science is not a left/right political choice.
Fauci is one of those people too. Everyone can be wrong.

Reactions: Y9 Vol
My daughter teaches at a title IX school and only 7 or 8 kids in her class had access to a computer with internet. Her online classes started with 5 or 6 of them on regularly then it dwindled to 1 or 2 after a couple weeks. I'm positive that is more the rule than the exception so keeping kids out of school does immensely more harm to them than good.
One of my sons is special needs. He can’t sit at a computer screen all day. It just won’t happen. So much for no child left behind right? Luckily, we’re in Knox County which has not announced their plan yet. I’m hoping for in-person but expecting a hybrid, if not all online. For the sake of all kids I really hope we at least get a hybrid schedule with some in-person teaching. Let half the class go Mon/Tue, use Wed as a disinfecting day and the other half go Thur/Fri if they aren’t going full time.

Where do you live, kiddiedoc? Nashville has been hit very hard with the coronavirus. if you are not aware.

Since the beginning of the outbreak. Metro has been advised by Dr. William Shaffner, a VU professor and one of the nation's foremost infectious disease and preventative medicine doctors. He has been asked to advise corporations and the fed and state governments on COVID. If he thinks schools need to be delayed in Nashville, I trust his judgment.

COVID decision making based on science is not a left/right political choice.
Davidson county has had 155 deaths, that's considered "hit hard"?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So you wouldn't open them if we had a vaccine? Not very smart,
My point was we have a vaccine for the flu and school aged kids still die. We don’t have a vaccine and virtually no kids die from Covid. So if we can’t open them because of Covid then we can’t open because of the flu either ever again

Reactions: kiddiedoc
My point was we have a vaccine for the flu and school aged kids still die. We don’t have a vaccine and virtually no kids die from Covid. So if we can’t open them because of COVID then we can’t open because of the flu either ever again

What about teachers, administrators, custodians, cafeteria workers, parents, grandparents, etc? Children can certainly pass COVID on to them. Besides, annual flu deaths range between 12,000 and 60,000 and we've already lost 138,000 people in five months during this pandemic.

What about teachers, administrators, custodians, cafeteria workers, parents, grandparents, etc? Children can certainly pass COVID on to them. Besides, annual flu deaths range between 12,000 and 60,000 and we've already lost 138,000 people in five months during this pandemic.

the pass rate from children is very low to non-existent.

grocery store workers on the other hand have been facing a parade of adults (as opposed to the same kids every day) - same for other "essential workers". I'm a university prof and I'm game - I'll be facing people much more likely to carry the virus than kids.

the pass rate from children is very low to non-existent.

grocery store workers on the other hand have been facing a parade of adults (as opposed to the same kids every day) - same for other "essential workers". I'm a university prof and I'm game - I'll be facing people much more likely to carry the virus than kids.

Sure about that?

You know what else is devastating for kids....losing a parent or grandparent because the kid infected them. Also, getting shot in school is also devastating. Use that same energy to change gun laws.
What “gun laws” will prevent gang bangers from shooting kids? And your kids grandparents are at risk now of being infected by them are they not? Or have you kept your kids quarantined since March?

Reactions: tntar heel
They can do that now as well. So what?

You are not a pulmonologist or an infectious medicine doctor, either, so why should we believe what you think and say about COVID? My own Internist knows as much or more than you, probably more since she is a professor and a physician at VU. She does not share your disregard for COVID.

The AAP flipped on their school opening policy. They now advise against reopening schools. Do you now agree or disagree with them?

Have you allowed politics to influence your medical opinions?
Lol did she tell you how Vanderbilt messed up accurately reporting both CoVid deaths and on the amount of treatment meds they had early on. Or how they panicked and opened up a level of their parking garage to be a “Covid Ward” only to use it as a discharge lounge because they didn’t need it?

VN Store

Back