Trout fishing in the Smokies

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
We are going camping for a few days in Townsend, and I'd love to catch some trout with my boys. Any experienced anglers have suggestions on bait or lures for this time of year?

I'll have light-tackle spinning rods and a fly rod.

I fly fish and have no idea about spinning tackle. But in general this time of year the water is colder so better to fish lower elevations and later in the day as it warms up. Also warmer temps this weekend will help.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Rooster tails are always a winner, hopefully the water is behaving. Doesn't take much to get it high and cloudy.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
We are going camping for a few days in Townsend, and I'd love to catch some trout with my boys. Any experienced anglers have suggestions on bait or lures for this time of year?

Byron Begley, LRO. go ask him. great shop.

no tricks to little river. really straight forward. fished like a small tail water. stocked fish

What kind of camping? You guys staying in tents, a camper, or a cabin?

Rooster tails are always a winner, hopefully the water is behaving. Doesn't take much to get it high and cloudy.
This. Spent many many days fishing for trout in the Tellico River growing up. Always made sure to also take some corn as well. Sometimes they wouldn’t hit the spinners, but when I laced a couple pieces of canned corn on a hook sometimes things would pick up. Like others said, water temp can also play a factor. Have fun with the kids and good luck.

VN Store

Back