Trey Smith: you're in my 1st round

My 2nd favorite team.. go Chiefs .. go Trey .. you deserve it .. thank you for your time with our Vols and you character , guts and perseverance .. what a great example to follow.. good luck.

Reactions: A.J.
The Chiefs needed help for the OL and they got a bargain in the 6th round. Easily one of the 7 best OL in the draft.

Mahomes has to be lovin it!

I'm thinking health issues caused him to drop to the sixth.

He's got everything else. A great example of toughness.

Last edited:
I was praying the Titans grabbed Him, Trey is damn near a first round pick off His character alone !! I'm sure he'll turn this "tragedy" into a triumph. He's the one guy in this draft I wouldn't bet against.

Last edited:
Most teams have legitimate concerns about his blocking skills and technique. Love the Vols, but I’m. Ot drafting him anywhere near the 1st round if I’m in a NFL war room.

Not to sound harsh but a lot of teams may feel that he's a potential physical liability with his condition. I'm sure his draft stock has nothing to do with this ability on the field.
I'm a giants fan, and the giants had OL priority on their board. I thought w/ Pruitt being on Giants, with insider information, they'd have taken him round 4, and then their 2 picks in round 6, before the Chiefs. Very curious, to me.

I'm a giants fan, and the giants had OL priority on their board. I thought w/ Pruitt being on Giants, with insider information, they'd have taken him round 4, and then their 2 picks in round 6, before the Chiefs. Very curious, to me.

I actually thought the same. if Pruitt didn't understand how good Trey was then his judgement was even worst than I imagined.

Agree. While I no longer follow the NFL, Trey Smith will be a star IMO. Besides sheer talent, his intangibles (determination, integrity, will to win, etc.) are off the charts. Some team is going to get a bargain with this fine young man.:cool:
He's not one of the 20 best offensive lineman to have played here. Legend? LOL. Good? Yes

Health problems, are a concern. Technique problems are also a problem, but they can be ironed out (Thanks Friend!). He will be an NFL All-Pro. I am convinced. Good luck, Trey! Thank you for giving your all for Tennessee! We'll be watching!
All Pro? Unlikely

He ended up with a great organization. I know he fell that far because of health concerns and apparently some technique issues. Let’s hope he stays healthy and with some good coaching works through the other issues.

Reactions: feathersax and A.J.
My 1 prayer for him is that he gets and always stays 100% healthy!!!

The 1 FACT that we all know is that if he stays 100% healthy that with his dedication, motivation and work ethics he'll make himself into a pro bowler and the next FACT is that when his 2nd contract comes around some team will have to pay him the BIG $$$$ he's worked for and deserves.

You'll always be respected and loved at our UT brother!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

I was praying the Titans grabbed Him, Trey is damn near a first round pick off His character alone !! I'm sure he'll turn this "tragedy" into a triumph. He's the one guy in this draft I wouldn't bet against.

Yah he's a champion of life!!!...Wait...Butch is that you?!?

Honestly, Trey couldn't have landed in a better spot. Great organization that is committed to winning, great offensive coaches that will help him with his techniques, great set of lineman to learn from and use as examples, and to a person like Trey the late round pick will do nothing but be a motivator.

VN Store

Back