Trey Smith works with 'Coats for the Cold' in Knoxville

kamoshika

The past year has not been an easy one for Tennessee's sophomore offensive lineman, Trey Smith. After missing spring practice due to blood clots in his lungs, Smith was able to play a the start of the 2018 season. However, Smith would only play seven games this fall before the issue would return. The future of Smith's football career is a little up in the air, but that isn't stopping him from making an impact in the Knoxville area.

In a video released by the official Tennessee football Twitter account on Tuesday, Smith has partnered with Coats for the Cold, which takes donated coats and gives them to those in need. Karen Bowdle of Knox Area Rescue Ministries pretty much sums up the incredible selflessness of Smith. "Last week when I first heard the message that Trey wanted to be involved with this, it just warmed my heart," Dowdle says in the video. "I thought what a great young man to be dealing with a challenge himself, and all he is thinking about is giving back to his community."
WATCH: Trey Smith works with "Coats for the Cold" in Knoxville

The past year has not been an easy one for Tennessee's sophomore offensive lineman, Trey Smith. After missing spring practice due to blood clots in his lungs, Smith was able to play a the start of the 2018 season. However, Smith would only play seven games this fall before the issue would return. The future of Smith's football career is a little up in the air, but that isn't stopping him from making an impact in the Knoxville area.

In a video released by the official Tennessee football Twitter account on Tuesday, Smith has partnered with Coats for the Cold, which takes donated coats and gives them to those in need. Karen Bowdle of Knox Area Rescue Ministries pretty much sums up the incredible selflessness of Smith. "Last week when I first heard the message that Trey wanted to be involved with this, it just warmed my heart," Dowdle says in the video. "I thought what a great young man to be dealing with a challenge himself, and all he is thinking about is giving back to his community."
WATCH: Trey Smith works with "Coats for the Cold" in Knoxville

I know it's been said over and over but what a great kid! Tre FREAKING Smith!

Reactions: mikepotts
way to go Trey...I just shake my head when I know he'd like to be running through the T...:(

GO VOLS...BEAT VANDY!

He will be successful at whatever path life gives him because at what has to be a frustrating time for him, he thinks of what he can do for others.
He is a wonderful young man.

Reactions: vols40

VN Store

Back