Trey Smith Quote

vegasvolfan

Marketing Professional With 25 Years of Experience
Gonna miss this guy...

“It’s good and bad. Because you’re like, ‘Dang, I’m about to hit this dude over and over and over. And it’s about to hurt.’ But you know, if you can impose your will and you’ve got a back like Eric that can just break it, there’s no better feeling,” Smith said. “It can go either way, and it went a great way tonight. It was pretty fun.”

🤣🤣🤣

VolQuest - Upon Further Review: An orange shade of progress

Gonna miss this guy...

“It’s good and bad. Because you’re like, ‘Dang, I’m about to hit this dude over and over and over. And it’s about to hurt.’ But you know, if you can impose your will and you’ve got a back like Eric that can just break it, there’s no better feeling,” Smith said. “It can go either way, and it went a great way tonight. It was pretty fun.”

🤣🤣🤣

Miss him? Has he said what he's doing??

Gonna miss this guy...

🤣🤣🤣

I watched it. But, I'm pretty sure he said "Damn" . lol

Unfortunately for Trey Smith, I think you are correct. He does not have the respect at the NFL to not practice. He will start out towards the bottom of the totem pole and must work his way to the top. The only way to do this is through rigorous practice at a high level. Not sure if the NFL will feel confident Smith's system can take it without forming more blood clots. Fortunately, for Tennessee, I think Smith is more likely than not, to stay at Tennessee.

Of course, I am not Trey Smith's doctor, or even a doctor period, just my opinion from 500 miles away.

I saw on the internet some time back that there is a player with Trey's condition in the NFL. Also seen an article that one has the same spinal disorder as our guy (can't recall name}. Didn't read either article but now I wish I had.

I'm starting to think he comes back. I think the NFL will be very skittish about his health. We have been extremely careful with him not practicing much etc. I don't think an NFL team would tell a rookie that they can come in and don't have to practice.

It's not that "he doesn't practice" it's more like he doesn't do full contact pieces of the practices. The NFL is more than familiar with this sort of thing as players and their health are at varying levels throughout the season due to previous or new injuries and even age, a 33 year old body heals differently than one does at 23 for example. It will be interesting to see where he goes in the draft if he comes out.

Unfortunately for Trey Smith, I think you are correct. He does not have the respect at the NFL to not practice. He will start out towards the bottom of the totem pole and must work his way to the top. The only way to do this is through rigorous practice at a high level. Not sure if the NFL will feel confident Smith's system can take it without forming more blood clots. Fortunately, for Tennessee, I think Smith is more likely than not, to stay at Tennessee.

Of course, I am not Trey Smith's doctor, or even a doctor period, just my opinion from 500 miles away.
I dunno he seems to destroy everyone he goes up against and there are people in the NFL with his condition. Probably will get a shorter contract, but will be given a full chance in my opinion. I hope so for his sake. Of course I would love to have him back, but not at his expense.

I'm starting to think he comes back. I think the NFL will be very skittish about his health. We have been extremely careful with him not practicing much etc. I don't think an NFL team would tell a rookie that they can come in and don't have to practice.

I really hate it for Trey. He's worked so hard and seems to have first round talent. I'm afraid his health issues are going to lower his value significantly. I don't know medicine but I suppose after a year with no problems they might be able to give him a clean bill of health and full release. I hope he has a long and successful NFL career.

Umm JP has set Trey's practice schedule to almost identical NFL practice schedule. He will have very little adjustment.

I for sure going to be interesting to see what happens, I’d love to see him come back for his last year. But these guys have played football for most of their life and their dream was to play in the NFL. I like what another poster said about other players having the same issue, they’ll consult with TN’s Doctors and who knows they may say hey we’ve dealt with that issue before and pay him the big bucks. I wish nothing but the best for him. He’s definitely a stud of a lineman!!
Go Vols

He’s still gone. While they likely won’t spend a first day pick, Someone will sign him.

It's not that "he doesn't practice" it's more like he doesn't do full contact pieces of the practices. The NFL is more than familiar with this sort of thing as players and their health are at varying levels throughout the season due to previous or new injuries and even age, a 33 year old body heals differently than one does at 23 for example. It will be interesting to see where he goes in the draft if he comes out.
True! However, The NFL has VERY few full contact practices during the year as per the new CBA. Those few full go practices are vital for young players now. Team will want ASSURANCE that he'll be able to practice full go. Its a very complex situation.
IMO... he should take out an ins policy and come back and prove that he can play healthy (WRT blood clots) for another year. If he can..
He COULD be a Top 3 pick... which is BIG MONEY!

His condition doesn’t guarantee him another day playing football. Even if he goes as an UFA, he can make a roster and make around 700k on a 1 year deal and that’s 700k more than he’d get in college. Another year of light practice and good games gets him nothing as the health concerns will still exist. Get your degree, then your money, and then take life a day at a time.

VN Store

Back