Trey Smith Quote hits hard

125817492_191595889158590_4541558664704105877_n.jpg

I know this "football season" thing is just a drag and is kind of annoying and time consuming, but the good news is that Trey, Pruitt, and the rest of the team are going to be able to get back to what they do best in just a few weeks: marching for pretend justice up and down the streets of Knoxville.

#Vols Sr OL Trey Smith on Jeremy Pruitt: It’s easy to criticize from the outside, but the culture here needed to change. It wasn’t gonna happen overnight. There’s not a lot of people in this business who care as much about their players as Coach Pruitt. Give him time.

No offense to Smith but every almost every player would say this about their coach. Dooley had players saying this, Jones had players saying this.....

Reactions: Rickyvol77
It should not be taking this long to change course and “right the ship”. Watching GA state beat us in front of 102K was difficult, but watching us somewhat regroup and beat the bottom dwellers of the SEC last year and getting some decent talent, I’ll admit, I was taken in and built some optimism for this year. We have regressed terribly, not developed talent, and are not only getting beat badly, but embarrassed weekly. Fans, this is not moving forward!!
We have regressed since the our bowl game last year while our opponent in that game has improved greatly and even came within a TD of Ohio State.

We have regressed since the our bowl game last year while our opponent in that game has improved greatly and even came within a TD of Ohio State.

And IU's QB of that game is now at Northwestern and has led them to 5-0 after they beat Wisconsin today.

Look a lot of questions get raised when you keep trotting #2 out there. I mean the guy has essentially PROVEN he will lose games for you. He is not your best chance to win, to say anything that remotely resembles that begs a question as to your ability as a HC. Pretty simple really.

Being a 5th year senior and not air mailing it 20 rows back beyond the end zone after standing flat footed in the pocket for 5 seconds was in fact his fault.
It never should have come to that was my point. Running was working. They had no answer for that. Keep running it.

Reactions: tbones0711
They can’t cheer, support, and be vocal.......and realistic?
Realistically, we played and coached well. Minus two missed Field Goals(6 points) and a pick 6 from the AU 13 yard line (7 points). We gained over 400 yards of offense and won the TOP, Rushing and Passing battles. Those 3 mistakes cost us the ball game.

Realistically, we played and coached well. Minus two missed Field Goals(6 points) and a pick 6 from the AU 13 yard line (7 points). We gained over 400 yards of offense and won the TOP, Rushing and Passing battles. Those 3 mistakes cost us the ball game.

Realistically, “if” JG gives you the best chance to win........but you keep losing anyway........it’s insanity not to try something different.

I’m not blaming JG either.....he is what he is. It’s on Pruitt.

I would love to have their OC too...Nick Sheridan.
Guy called a hell of a game. Found weaknesses and kept dialing it up all day and OSU had very few answers.
If not for one or two errant judgements by Penix, IU wins that game.

Penix threw an interception that was returned for a touchdown. The difference is he made plays all day and brought IU back. Threw for almost 500 yards amd he was the reason IU had a chance. I'm not sure I thought he'd be this good.

Sorry Trey, you are 22 and have an emotional attachment to Pruitt. The guy is a moron. I'm glad he can go on SJW walks with you, but he is a buffoon.
gotta disagree here..culture change has to happen on the inside of the program ...not on the out side...imo. not being a sheep but..it is what it is

Reactions: voldurham
I want to go back to the days when there was a carivan of cars from Middle Tennessee head up 40 to Knoxville. Cars decorated with Orange and White Fans yelling GO VOLS out of the windows and the strip was packed with fans. Just not the same fan culture either. Gave up my season tickets because it just wasn't worth the effort. I love the VOLS and was at the Sugar Bowl Miami win and the National Championship game. Very little excitement in this program anymore. Tired of shaking my head and saying what was that call? Who was the throwing to? Enough is enough. Maybe I can make basketball my UT joy but I sure miss the days of Big Orange being competitive every game. Someone please do something. I am almost 70 and want to live to see the turn around.

#Vols Sr OL Trey Smith on Jeremy Pruitt: It’s easy to criticize from the outside, but the culture here needed to change. It wasn’t gonna happen overnight. There’s not a lot of people in this business who care as much about their players as Coach Pruitt. Give him time.
Nah, we’re good. Fire the man.

Year 3 of Pruitt’s culture installation has revealed that apparently Henry T is the only one who cares enough to put in the required off-the-clock video study that is required to make champions. It’s revealed that few players on the team have the drive or a mindset of a champion like those players on other teams that Pruitt has coached. I didn’t hear these revelations from Jimmy Hyams. I heard them from Jeremy Pruitt.

Said this before but players and coaches come and go. You two may have a good relationship with each other, but this is a business. We've been waiting for well over a decade. Good relationships isn't going to turn this program into a winner...maybe it can play a part, but what happens when the relationships are good yet we still can't put any results up? It's honestly another year going by in which I've lost interest in watching the games. We've been around this program, as fans, for longer than you've been alive.

VN Store

Back