Trey Smith Press Conference

It obviously depends on IF an NFL team is willing to handle Trey like UT has. And for an Offensive Lineman, that's going to be a big stretch. I can't imagine a starter not practicing with the team. As far as the $$$ ; Trey Smith can be a Millionaire in Tennessee without ever playing a down in the Nfl.

Reactions: bpalmer28
It obviously depends on IF an NFL team is willing to handle Trey like UT has. And for an Offensive Lineman, that's going to be a big stretch. I can't imagine a starter not practicing with the team. As far as the $$$ ; Trey Smith can be a Millionaire in Tennessee without ever playing a down in the Nfl.
Do you mind sharing the recipe? lol

Reactions: Septic
Trey Smith made the right decision. Congratulations!

I have no idea what the decision is and will find out with everyone else, but it’s the right one

Underrated post is underrated ! Trey and his family have all the help and info needed for them to make this decision and either way will be the right way for him .

Reactions: jlawso21
I’d love to see Trey come back his senior season. I’m sure we would retire his jersey if he did.

Millions of dollars in 2021 is the same as millions of dollars in 2020. Let’s face it, he will have more fun playing at UT. NFL is more about the money. Money will be waiting on him. :)

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I want him to stay simply because it will make us a better team next year. I want him to go because it’s best for him to make as much as he can before he has to call it a day with football. Not sure how many more years he can play
I think that's the general consensus for 99% of Tennessee fans.

Reactions: Kristy*
keep the posts going as none of has any more of a clue than any one else but we all have our opinions..
mine is that I will know about 1215CST and will let you all know if you dont by then I will be an expert insider on this situation.

I think he's leaving and the timing of Cade's entry into the transfer portal will soften, to some extent, the blow of his departure. No matter what he announces, he's ours forever.

Reactions: govols10302bb
Yes. Trey has every good attribute; A great Person, Loved by all of Volnation, a VFL Hero; and could basically name his price at many High level Businesses in the State. Write a book , make public appearances, on and on. Millions.
Dang. I was hoping you'd lay out a plan that I could follow to become a millionaire but you lost me with "loved by Volnation" and by the time you got to "hero" I became eternally unqualified. Thanks anyway!

But seriously, I agree with you and it's a valid point. Millions of people respect Trey Smith and there would be people lining up to give him great business opportunities. The book idea is a good one and he could also go into coaching and probably be making 6 figures within 3 years.

Trey,

If you come back for one more season and up losing an NFL career over it, all of volunteer nation promises to buy from your restaurant/cardealership/insurancecompany/whatever for the rest of their lives.

You make millions either way!

Oh, and we'll retire your jersey.

Reactions: gule
I don't have any information on how he's doing , as far as what's going on with his health. I have no information on what the NFL experts are thinking. I don't have a clue what he should do.

Lucky you, then, for wandering onto a forum where literally EVERYone else does!

Reactions: Behr
For those of you in Knoxville, have any of the local channels in knoxville said they're going to cover the briefing live? I live in Florida but I have access to Knoxville local channels and would like to watch it. (Thank you firestick 😉)

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
If I were Trey, my Press Conference today would go something like this...

Queue up the big screen TVs.
Show some of my HUGE pancake blocks from the past season.
Show them again in SUPER SLO MO
And... the whole time... add my color commentary:

"DAMN! Look at me smash that dude!"
"OHHHHhhhh that had to hurt!"
"BOOOOOOOM! Crushed that worthless punk!"

Then I'd be like:

"Looking forward to next season. Thanks for coming out. Have a nice day."

Reactions: ptcarter
Yes. Trey has every good attribute; A great Person, Loved by all of Volnation, a VFL Hero; and could basically name his price at many High level Businesses in the State. Write a book , make public appearances, on and on. Millions.
Me thinks you misunderstand business practices. I bet you think Dobbs would get snatched up as a high level employee were he to go back to being an AE.

If Trey goes & is drafted in 2nd round, he locks himself into 2nd round money for 3-4 years

If he comes back and can earn first round money next year, he’ll make more in one year than if he’d played 2. Plus he’ll have first round money 3 more years. The difference is pretty significant.

If the medical issues come back next year, regardless if he’s gone pro, all he’ll have is 2nd round signing bonus and this salary/settlement.

VN Store

Back