Trevor Follows Idol Peyton

Wireless1

Character is who you are when no one is looking
Trevor finished second to a wide receiver in the Heisman race just like Peyton

Trevor had an incredible career at Clemson, but he seemingly "peaked" in people's minds (not in reality) in the 2018 national title game. He was just a true freshman, and didn't even begin that year as the starter, but he eviscerated Alabama's defense and everybody wanted to go ahead and give him the next 2 Heismans and Clemson the next 2 national titles.

As good as his career was, I suppose he never did anything quite as spectacular or eye-catching as that again. Talk about high expectations.

I think Trevor will have a great NFL career, the question is, if Urban goes to Jacksonville, will there be a question of the #1 pick like there was with Ryan Leaf for Justin Fields.

I think Trevor will have a great NFL career, the question is, if Urban goes to Jacksonville, will there be a question of the #1 pick like there was with Ryan Leaf for Justin Fields.
I think there would be way more of a question as to who the #1 pick would be than there was between Peyton/Leaf.

By the time the draft rolled around that year, I don't remember exactly what the media was saying but the Colts knew without a doubt they were taking Peyton. Polian had been leaning towards Peyton the entire time, and after Leaf bombed his interview at the combine they knew for sure.

Reactions: Wireless1
I think there would be way more of a question as to who the #1 pick would be than there was between Peyton/Leaf.

By the time the draft rolled around that year, I don't remember exactly what the media was saying but the Colts knew without a doubt they were taking Peyton. Polian had been leaning towards Peyton the entire time, and after Leaf bombed his interview at the combine they knew for sure.
Don't think so. Jacksonville is drafting Trevor Lawrence no matter who is coach.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Don't think so. Jacksonville is drafting Trevor Lawrence no matter who is coach.
I think they'd end up taking Trevor too, even if Urban was their coach, but if Urban was their coach I bet there'd be a lot of discussion. Both internally and within the media.

Reactions: Wireless1

VN Store

Back