Trevor Daniel

#1

Grudenator

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2017
Messages
4,616
Likes
3,995
#1
% chance he is starting for a NFL team next year? I’ll say 80%. Dude is a beast and we are really going to miss him. Give him 40 more punts to match Dustin Colquitts, and he would have shattered the total yards record.
 
Likes: 5 people
#5

OneVolNation

All Vols All The Time
Joined
Sep 25, 2016
Messages
4,643
Likes
4,631
#5
Trevor Daniel is the nation's best punter (#3 in NCAA since 2000) and a better punter than any punter who ever played for Georgia. That's for sure. In 2016 he was #1 in the SEC and then put up even better numbers last season. Like it was alluded to in an earlier post, Daniel brings so much more than just a powerful booming leg to the field because he has a keen sense of field position awareness often pinning the opposing team deep in their own territory with accurate angles for non-returnable punts. Highly impressed with this superstar and fully expect big things for him in the NFL.
 
Likes: 5 people
#10

livefaith

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
14,841
Likes
15,126
#10
Best player on our team at his position. Would have probably led the nation in distance if not for the UGA (iirc) game. Our coaching staff somehow came to the iron-clad conclusion that the best punter in the nation needed to punt it rugby style instead of how he has for 3 years.

One of the craziest things I've seen in the past decade. And believe me the bar is high for the period. :thud:
 
Likes: 5 people
#12

HuntlandVolinColo

Rocky Top High Colorado
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
13,169
Likes
9,105
#12
Punters don't usually draft high but I could see Trevor going as high as 3rd round.

His numbers of average punt yardage and # of punts inside the 20 are better than at least 80% of current NFL punters.
 
Likes: 1 person
#13

Grudenator

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2017
Messages
4,616
Likes
3,995
#13
Punters don't usually draft high but I could see Trevor going as high as 3rd round.

His numbers of average punt yardage and # of punts inside the 20 are better than at least 80% of current NFL punters.
and i know there are several punters that are getting pretty old. I'm sure daniel will be a beast for years to come.
 
Likes: 1 person
#17

Giveem6

I joined the dark side
Joined
Jul 26, 2012
Messages
2,953
Likes
2,245
#17
Crazy to think next year the vols could have four starting punters in the NFL. I'd like to know if a school has ever produced at such a single position so well and often.
 
Likes: 3 people
#18

mercuryvol

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2015
Messages
419
Likes
609
#18
Absolutely one of the most accurate and dependable punt ers I have seen. Distance is overrated in my book. Like another poster earlier said, rugby punting? Like hooking Secretariat to a silkie cart.
 
Likes: 1 person
#20

Rudy123

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2010
Messages
7,479
Likes
2,065
#20
% chance he is starting for a NFL team next year? I’ll say 80%. Dude is a beast and we are really going to miss him. Give him 40 more punts to match Dustin Colquitts, and he would have shattered the total yards record.

If he played for Cleveland, he would get a real workout. he would punt 20 times per game.
 
#23

VolDaddy61

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
1,808
Likes
1,638
#23
% chance he is starting for a NFL team next year? I’ll say 80%. Dude is a beast and we are really going to miss him. Give him 40 more punts to match Dustin Colquitts, and he would have shattered the total yards record.
He will be missed more than any player, outside of Barnett & Dobbs, that we've had on this team the past 2-3 seasons. He was a weapon.
 
Likes: 3 people

VN Store




Top