Trent Dilfer has high praise for Pruitt's program

We need recruiting to pick up, but I agree the team is much tougher and headed in the right direction.

I think recruiting will come, especially if we can finish 7-5. Think about it, players have been sold snake oil on Tennessee being back before. I think this time around we're going to have to show some proof that what we are building is sustainable. I wouldn't worry about it with this staff of recruiters, they will figure it out.

We need recruiting to pick up, but I agree the team is much tougher and headed in the right direction.

Player evaluation and player development is as important if not more.

We're not getting 5 star Rakim Jarrett
But we are getting a 4 star, Record setting, 4.3 speed, Mr. Football of South Carolina
That adds the a new dimension to our offense.

Pruitt has an idea of what he wants his teams to be able to execute. And i think despite rankings....he's checking all the boxes.

But we are getting a 4 star, Record setting, 4.3 speed, Mr. Football of South Carolina

Pruitt has an idea of what he wants his teams to be able to execute. And i think despite rankings....he's checking all the boxes.

You'll have to help me out, what's his name?

Maybe he can send us a few QBs our way in the future. He’s always seemed pretty knowledgeable and has been around elite talent. It would be nice if he could develop a QB factory for us.
This is a really good point. Getting really good QB play is what put Clemson on the map. When Dabo got Boyd, it started the ball rolling and they have not stopped.
Tajh Boyd
DeShaun Watson
Trevor Lawrence

This. A good fit skill and dispostion wise are far more important than stars. The stars are for the media and fans to think about. Personally, I think we are doing extremely well in recruiting. People who think we aren't don't really understand how it works and just look at our ranking.

Yeah, I agree on recruiting. I have zero problem with coaches taking a flier on some under the radar guys...they've nailed some good ones. That being said, I saw one review of "targets", where we're going up against App St or Tulane's of the world for more than just a couple of guys. Bottom line is if coaches think they fit, then they take them. But, I also can't help but think we're not "in" on this year's versions of Wanya, Henry T, Crouch, etc, and having to fall back some...hope I'm wrong.

I think recruiting will come, especially if we can finish 7-5. Think about it, players have been sold snake oil on Tennessee being back before. I think this time around we're going to have to show some proof that what we are building is sustainable. I wouldn't worry about it with this staff of recruiters, they will figure it out.
They have it figured out,, along with the AD who seems to have the confidence of the "uppers". This means a whole lot. Time is all they need.

Yeah, I agree on recruiting. I have zero problem with coaches taking a flier on some under the radar guys...they've nailed some good ones. That being said, I saw one review of "targets", where we're going up against App St or Tulane's of the world for more than just a couple of guys. Bottom line is if coaches think they fit, then they take them. But, I also can't help but think we're not "in" on this year's versions of Wanya, Henry T, Crouch, etc, and having to fall back some...hope I'm wrong.
All the teams you mention put a few guys in the "big game" from time to time. Really good players sometimes never are exposed to the environment of "stars". They are the ones that App St. and schools like them are skilled at finding. Coach P seems to be paying attention to this type/pool of player.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
This is a really good point. Getting really good QB play is what put Clemson on the map. When Dabo got Boyd, it started the ball rolling and they have not stopped.
Tajh Boyd
DeShaun Watson
Trevor Lawrence

And do you folks know that Tajh Boyd was ready to sign with UT, but Kiffin didn't want a dual threat QB and sent him to his second choice, Clemson. Plus, Trevor Lawrence and Tee Higgins were both committed to UT for a brief time before CBJ ran the program off a cliff. All our losses and Clemson's gain. Oh what might have been.

Maybe he can send us a few QBs our way in the future. He’s always seemed pretty knowledgeable and has been around elite talent. It would be nice if he could develop a QB factory for us.
JG was his guy

And do you folks know that Tajh Boyd was ready to sign with UT, but Kiffin didn't want a dual threat QB and sent him to his second choice, Clemson. Plus, Trevor Lawrence and Tee Higgins were both committed to UT for a brief time before CBJ ran the program off a cliff. All our losses and Clemson's gain. Oh what might have been.
Lawrence was never committed to us that was Hunter Johnson. Lawrence figured out what a loser Butch was before he took that step.

They sure need to figure it out. Gotta recruit in the sec. good coaching only gets you so far.

JG was his guy
And Dobbs too. Just because JG hasn’t lived up to expectations doesn’t mean he’s not talented. He’s shown that he’s got plenty of talent but he’s lacked the confidence that the QB position requires. Dilfer is an excellent QB talent evaluator.

And Dobbs too. Just because JG hasn’t lived up to expectations doesn’t mean he’s not talented. He’s shown that he’s got plenty of talent but he’s lacked the confidence that the QB position requires. Dilfer is an excellent QB talent evaluator.
I lived in Tampa when he played for the Bucs, (before Dungy). The guy literally had to run for his life every Sunday they were so bad. I've never been more happier for a QB than him when the Ravens signed him. I knew he and Jamal Lewis and the rest were going to win the Super Bowl. For a QB he's very tough in the physical sense and has good skills also. What really peed me off more than anything was the fans in Tampa booing him. He took a lot more heat than he deserved that's for sure. Glad he's in Tennessee and keeping up with the Vols.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I lived in Tampa when he played for the Bucs, (before Dungy). The guy literally had to run for his life every Sunday they were so bad. I've never been more happier for a QB than him when the Ravens signed him. I knew he and Jamal Lewis and the rest were going to win the Super Bowl. For a QB he's very tough in the physical sense and has good skills also. What really peed me off more than anything was the fans in Tampa booing him. He took a lot more heat than he deserved that's for sure. Glad he's in Tennessee and keeping up with the Vols.
You must have a bad memory! Dilfer was awful in Tampa playing behind a very good OL (look up the stats) Dungy was his coach all but his first year. Sorry to vent but I hate reinventing history!!! Dilfer read defenses on jg’s level, horrible decision making.

VN Store

Back