Treasure Hunt top 12

I can get and understand the disgruntled feelings towards Holly Warlick. You can have those feelings towards her. Warlick is an adult and in the spotlight and it comes with the territory. BUT I CAN NOT understand or comprehend how "lady vol fans" can go after and try and rip apart a program that was built by Pat Summitt. It's one thing to go after Holly but leave the program alone. Get the hell off this website and stop following lady vol basketball if you are done with the program. You are blatantly giving Pat Summitt the middle finger if you are trying to not have good basketball recruits come and play at Tennessee. You should be ashamed of yourself for that.

I am not a Holly supporter. She has lost control. I do believe she is not helping our program. I do think she needs to do the right thing for the sake of the program that Pat built. I personally believe she is doing harm to the program. I believe, from an image perception, Holly is doing the same negativity as just as some of the spectators.

BUT, I am a Tennessee Lady Vol basketball program supporter and I will support the players and the program. I will not go around and try and destroy recruiting the top players from coming to Tennessee. I want this program to be successful. I want players to come in and experience what it's like to be a Lady Vol, to compete for a national championship, and play in front of the best fans.

You can be a program supporter and not be Holly supporter. It's possible, many of us are, that's why we are still here. You can go after the coach, that's fine. But to go after potential players, I believe that is an insult to Pat Summitt and her program. Holly is doing enough damage, let's not add more.

I am surprised you are getting hostile responses to this very reasonable argument (on second thought, I am not that surprised). But I agree with your sentiments 100%. I do think the impending coaching transition may create a short term problem in recruiting unless a quality replacement is hired quickly. A top ranked player is not going to commit to a program where the coaching situation is in flux.

Nice backpedal. I don't believe a word of it. There was no sarcasm intended. You know it, I know it and anyone with half a brain and one eye knows it.

Bless your heart OM. You tell'em something honest & they still argue about nothing that's important.

Last edited:
Interesting that two programs on her list are coached by Wes Moore and Katie Meier.

(And some other names who have been frequently mentioned but who might be less likely to come on board).

I am surprised you are getting hostile responses to this very reasonable argument (on second thought, I am not that surprised). But I agree with your sentiments 100%. I do think the impending coaching transition may create a short term problem in recruiting unless a quality replacement is hired quickly. A top ranked player is not going to commit to a program where the coaching situation is in flux.
If the change is made soon after this season, the new coach can probably recruit some decent players and move upward. If holly is still coach a lot of players could be hesitant to come here given the programs current status.

Reactions: mcannon1
If the change is made soon after this season, the new coach can probably recruit some decent players and move upward. If holly is still coach a lot of players could be hesitant to come here given the programs current status.
It seems that the recruits don't mind playing for Holly. If she remain head coach after this season and doesn't lose Horston and Keys, it's likely she won't be going anywhere until she's good and ready. Maybe Horston thinks she's the player that can get Tennessee back to the NCAA tournament?

The Tenn coaches and players care about winning. The problem is the head coach is living in a fools paradise.
It was obvious to me there were a few games this year that Davis did not care about winning!

Interesting that two programs on her list are coached by Wes Moore and Katie Meier.

(And some other names who have been frequently mentioned but who might be less likely to come on board).
Tennessee needs to hire either Wes Moore or Katie Meier

VN Store

Back