Travis Henry’s National Championship Ring

I saw Henry's auctioned years ago and it went for around $3,000. It definitely isn't Henry selling it this time since it has already changed hands at least once.

The quitest Neyland has ever been.
you sure that was @ Neyland? I remember a game against Vandy where “cheese “ seemed to lay on the field forever, but it was in Nashville @ The Titans stadium (adelphia maybe at that time ?)

Semi related note : Biggest flip from loud to quiet I ever experienced in Neyland was UGA in ‘01 . Went from ear splitting after the Travis Stephens TD to funeral quiet after UGA scored the go ahead in less than a minute

Reactions: TC 83
That and Inky's injury were the quietest I think Neyland Stadium could possibly be. Even right now there is more noise in that stadium than there was on those two plays.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Several of these '98 championship rings have been sold over the years on e-bay. Ron Green comes to mind... they never fetch more than about $1K. The Travis Henry story is too stupid to be sad. He just doesn't deserve much sympathy. 11 kids by 10 different women? His lawyer once estimated that he was paying as much as $170,000 a year in child support payments... he used $80,000 of his signing bonus with the Titans to purchase jewelry for himself including a Rolex and gold chains - even though he was already behind on child support at the time. And he derailed his career with a cocaine trafficking ring arrest. In 2009, he was sentenced to 3 years in prison and ordered to pay $4 million in fines when he was already broke.
You were saying?

Lot Detail - 1998 Tennessee Volunteers NCAA Football National Championship Ring - Westmoreland

Anyone know what it went for? Last I saw was $4,800 with the fees

had to create a freakin account to find out -- 6600 was the final sale - wonder if Loomis won it, its much less than what he pays for some jerseys
I know, I didn't want to lol

That's a good chunk of change

Last edited:
There is nothing "holier-than-thou" about pointing out the irresponsible and blatantly foolish behavior of Travis Henry. His story is one of wasted potential, self inflicted problems and felonious actions. If you want to hear a tragic story about a former Vol (someone who doesn't feel sorry for himself) that would be Inky Johnson. Travis Henry's story is just pathetic.
Needs more adjectives, imo

Watching the combine today. Elijah Holyfield benched 22. Not too shabby. One of the best of the day. Travis Henry did 23 though. Just say'in.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo

VN Store

Back