Transfer RB Lyn-J Dixon committed!

Dixon has the ability to be the starter here. No disrespect to small but Dixon has the skill set to be very good in this offense. His issue at Clemson was he was behind elite talent there.

Looks ike he plays fooshball real good. Got burst at the LOS when going up the middle. Good stop and go deceptive moves, can be a charging bull when cornered. Jukes real good too. Gets caught from behind, but by the time he does, he has often consumed significant yardage. Seems to be a better Tiyon Evans than Tiyon Evans.

Last edited:
Appears to be good pick-up, especially given the time of year. I would be more comfortable if we had a 6th running back given our number of plays and pace of play. One of the first 3 is likely to be injured during typical black-and-blue SEC play. With only 5, it is probable that one of the tight ends take snaps in the backfield.

His Clemson performance-
Lyn-J Dixon

Last edited:

I don’t really get geeked out about watching a kids highlight clips, but I’m really impressed . He might be the best back in the room now. A couple of those clips showing his ability to bounce it and get to the edge give us something that no one else has on our roster. This might be a game changer.

So White and Stallings haven’t played yet but you know they are difference makers. But Dixon and McCoy who have played in college, you don’t know. That’s some great football logic right there.
It's must be write "what ever you think" day. This day rolls around quite often on here.

Reactions: orangejuice
So, here is something I don't get, Bru McCoy is waiting on the ok from the NCAA and his eligibility is in question because he transferred from USC to Texas for spring practice, back to USC, and then to UT, right? I think the question lies in the rule that a player can enter the portal once without sitting, but then has to sit a year on subsequent transfers. So Dixon transferred from Clemson to WVa for spring practice, then is transferring here. Why is his eligibility not in question? Is it because he never actually played after his first transfer? It's a little confusing, since I don't know if McCoy played for USC after transferring back.
Dixon's a grad transfer allowing him to play immediately without clearing the NCAA. I dont even think they have a limit on how many times you can transfer as a grad transfer as long as you have eligibility left.

Reactions: posivol
Perfect fit for our offense, could absolutely blow up with the open space he will get to operate in.

May have a little Travis Stephens in him!
Lol I’m not ready to go that far. Dixon is really good, Stephens was like a damn rabid animal that’s life depended on getting that extra yard.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
I don’t really get geeked out about watching a kids highlight clips, but I’m really impressed . He might be the best back in the room now. A couple of those clips showing his ability to bounce it and get to the edge give us something that no one else has on our roster. This might be a game changer.

100% agree.

Say what you want but I at least commend the coaching staff for recognizing a problem and going out to find a solution. That’s more than what Jones or Pruitt would have done. He gives us depth where we needed it.

We can’t be certain until he is in action but…this isn’t a guy who just fogs a mirror. This is quality depth…someone who could take carries immediately. This is really good news.

VN Store

Back