Transfer portal discussion

I really think we should sit and wait and not waste a scholarship on someone coming in here to play behind the 3 QBs we have already

Furthermore, the newbie would have to learn a system he is not familiar with and that takes time. 3 QBs with knowledge of the system.

" not to insult, but here comes your insult ..... " you are either a brain dead fan or a troll or have not been paying attention.

I am certainly glad that you refrained from an insult. :)

I say no thanks to the 2 Bama guys. We are solid at RB and after seeing what Hyatt did to their CB's none of them seem an upgrade to what we have. They have an offensive lineman that had entered the portal that might be worth taking a look at, but this year our o-line was better then Bama's.

to me it seems like you wait and see who in the portal before you make a decision on that. not saying we need one unless the right one inter the portal maybe another HHOOKER THEN YOU TAKE HIM.

Western Michigan transfer Braden Fiske says it has been a hectic last day.

Since entering the transfer portal, Fiske, who had 57 tackles (10.5 for loss) and 4.5 sacks this past season for the Broncos, has already received a rush of interest.

"Ole Miss, Penn State, West Virginia, Mississippi State, Rutgers, they have all offered," Fiske said. "I'm getting a lot of calls. Florida State reached out, pretty much every school you can think of has called but those ones I listed are the ones that have officially offered."

Fiske played in 2019, started all six games in the shortened 2020 season then started in all 13 games in 2021. He finished that season with 43 tackles (7.5 for loss) and 3.5 sacks.

Braden Fiske College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

to me it seems like you wait and see who in the portal before you make a decision on that. not saying we need one unless the right one inter the portal maybe another HHOOKER THEN YOU TAKE HIM.
by the time these guys are in the portal, they have an idea of what programs they are interested in, and the staffs at those programs have already communicated indirectly (legal) or directly (illegal) with the player.

It's tampering, to be sure, but it's the way things are working right now.

by the time these guys are in the portal, they have an idea of what programs they are interested in, and the staffs at those programs have already communicated indirectly (legal) or directly (illegal) with the player.

It's tampering, to be sure, but it's the way things are working right now.
I agree. If guys enter the portal before spring (after bowl season), when they have a chance to take visits, then they already have an idea of where they might go. This mainly applies to highly valued prospects. As we've seen, the majority of players that hit the portal never land anywhere.

VN Store

Back