Transfer portal discussion

Josh Pate said a couple of weeks ago that he has talked to numerous coaches and they expect the portal to be unlike anything you've ever seen this year, particularly with the Texas A&M fiasco. They have what... 50+ 4 stars and 10 or so 5 stars on their roster? There could be some crazy pickups from the portal this year none of us expect.
I’d take A chain in the offseason and maybe we can trade it for some rings the following January.

LT - Mincey, C - Mays, RG - Spraggins

I wouldn't be surprised to see us go hard after a transfer RT. I don't think we would go after two OL transfers (we may) so I'll say
LT - Mincey, LG - Lampley, C - Mays, RG - Spraggins, RT - Transfer

Crawford has another year right? If so I think he can hold down the right side. I can't see Lampley ever contributing. I think Nichols will be there.

Just read about a new rule this cycle:

“Under the new rules, a school that awards a scholarship to a transfer athlete must provide the scholarship for the rest of the student's five-year eligibility or until the student completes the requirements for their bachelor's degree. The only exception is if the student transfers again or joins a professional sports league.”

Adds a lot of risk to taking a kid with multiple years of eligibility left that might not fit or make grades. 🤔

Just read about a new rule this cycle:

“Under the new rules, a school that awards a scholarship to a transfer athlete must provide the scholarship for the rest of the student's five-year eligibility or until the student completes the requirements for their bachelor's degree. The only exception is if the student transfers again or joins a professional sports league.”

Adds a lot of risk to taking a kid with multiple years of eligibility left that might not fit or make grades. 🤔
What a stupid rule. The school has to be committed to the player, but the player doesn’t necessarily have to be committed to the school.

We won't miss a beat without Hyatt because Squirrel will be better.

He'll get all the wide open balls Hyatt gets now just because of the scheme and being fast and he's more dynamic with the ball in his hands.
So he will have 6 tds against Bama?

What a stupid rule. The school has to be committed to the player, but the player doesn’t necessarily have to be committed to the school.

If a player only get one transfer, once transfered, he has to stay at that school or move down to a lower division. So when a school accepts a transfer, both school and player lose options.

Lol I hope so.... Squirrel is good but no WR in Tennessee history has done what Jalin has done this season. No one expected it. I get being excited for the Squirrel and he will fill the role nicely but 15 td catches regardless is a feat
Seriously 🤣

Go ahead and claim a kid will be great...but for god's sake let's not go saying kids will be better than the GOAT season we just saw.

Seriously 🤣

Go ahead and claim a kid will be great...but for god's sake let's not go saying kids will be better than the GOAT season we just saw.
The potential to break records is there in this offense, but I don't think people realize the greatness they've observed this season because HH and Hyatt have made it look so easy.

VN Store

Back