Transfer Portal Rankings

Been thinking the same but after thinking about it, the entire team was soft last year because of S&C. No technique in the world can overcome being relatively a wuss in football. This includes stamina not just strength. They all most likely will be nad*** next year. Then again, they probably took money and them leaving may be what lightens our punishment... if anything. We gave up talented, trained stars who would have been great underneath this regime. At least in my mind, that’s what has happened. Could be wrong. I am from time to time 😉

Henry T got run the f*** over multiple times last year. He had a lot of tackles, but not when it mattered.

Just surprises me that a kid that basically didn’t make any 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team SEC, is now the #1 guy that was in the transfer portal. Possibly he was #1 transfer for Bama but not out of all available. Our D lineman from Kansas may prove more valuable than keeping Henry T. Mitchell may be better in CJH’s defenses than Henry T. I think the fact he signed with Bama is why he was rated #1.

I like the size of Terry, Solomon and Simmons and if their production is requiring multiple OL to handle them then our LB's will be serviceable and we will not miss HT terribly.

Size matters, lol

Henry T had horrible coaching last year and no offseason workouts. This year he will have the best of both. I expect him to look like he did as a freshman but better. And having talent around him will make him even better.

This tends to hide you shortcomings. Which he has (as do most guys) To me he just can't cover the short pass over the middle. I think it is just a little lack of quickness. He is a smart player, I feel he reads the over the middle play well, just a step slow covering. Bama can hide that.....

Reactions: TMvol10
I'm all for a player being able to transfer with a coaching change. However, I do think that it would be reasonable to restrict that transfer to teams not on the schedule of the team that you transfer too for the next 4 or 5 years.

Scheduled is the key word here.

An easier rule to enforce is you are never able to participate against a school you were ever on scholarship with. The school accepting your transfer can weigh that out and make their decision.

Henry T is an awesome player. I 100% believe he was the #1 transfer player. If he were still on the team we’d be saying we have one of the best linebackers in the country. Don’t let the fact he went to Bama cloud your judgement. Can’t blame him after the sh*tshow he experienced here.

Reactions: Rooster1 and jp1
Henry T is an awesome player. I 100% believe he was the #1 transfer player. If he were still on the team we’d be saying we have one of the best linebackers in the country. Don’t let the fact he went to Bama cloud your judgement. Can’t blame him after the sh*tshow he experienced here.
I dont think we'd be saying he's one of the best. We'd be praying the new coaches turned him around. I hate Bama, but seems like they may have coached him back on track.

Going to Alabama has everything to do with Henry being the #1 Player in the transfer portal. Don't get me wrong we will miss him on the field. But, I have watched for years when a player is offered by Alabama or they go there.
That player's rating will go up.

They had him listed as the #1 transfer player while he was still uncommitted.

This tends to hide you shortcomings. Which he has (as do most guys) To me he just can't cover the short pass over the middle. I think it is just a little lack of quickness. He is a smart player, I feel he reads the over the middle play well, just a step slow covering. Bama can hide that.....
He was better as a freshman because the strong side linebacker saved his ass. Butuli made him look better as a freshman.

I dont think we'd be saying he's one of the best. We'd be praying the new coaches turned him around. I hate Bama, but seems like they may have coached him back on track.
I see what you’re saying, he didn’t have a great year last year, but who did? The entire season was a mess. He would no doubt be our #1 or #2 (if gray stayed) returning starter is what I’m saying. Him going to Alabama sucks but I can’t deny his talent. Wish him the best even.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Just surprises me that a kid that basically didn’t make any 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team SEC, is now the #1 guy that was in the transfer portal. Possibly he was #1 transfer for Bama but not out of all available. Our D lineman from Kansas may prove more valuable than keeping Henry T. Mitchell may be better in CJH’s defenses than Henry T. I think the fact he signed with Bama is why he was rated #1.

I understand what you are saying and, it makes sense. Not just plausible sense either. Had he been at Bama last year, he may not have even started or even played. However, had he been at Bama last year and good enough to start, he most likely would have been on someone's first, second or third team SEC.

I understand what you are saying and, it makes sense. Not just plausible sense either. Had he been at Bama last year, he may not have even started or even played. However, had he been at Bama last year and good enough to start, he most likely would have been on someone's first, second or third team SEC.

What if Milton is, the QB that many on here think, the next great college QB? Does that mean he wasn’t the #1 player in the portal? See, rankings mean nothing until the players/teams perform. Henry T could have stayed at Tenn and been nothing, or with the new coaches become AA. Coaching matters, not preseason rankings.

Reactions: HalfullVol
What if Milton is, the QB that many on here think, the next great college QB? Does that mean he wasn’t the #1 player in the portal? See, rankings mean nothing until the players/teams perform. Henry T could have stayed at Tenn and been nothing, or with the new coaches become AA. Coaching matters, not preseason rankings.
I hope Milton is great. Problem is there’s no evidence to support that it. I like Heupel but there’s only so much you can do.

Henry T had horrible coaching last year and no offseason workouts. This year he will have the best of both. I expect him to look like he did as a freshman but better. And having talent around him will make him even better.

He was a FR All American and had the same coaches. I think he will be good, but not the #1 guy to transfer, based on his latest play. That is all I was trying to say.

Won’t know until the season plays out. Just like preseason team rankings. Milton or Mitchell or Terry or any number of players on other teams Could be #1
But not Henry T? I don’t even know who Mitchell and Terry are. Wouldn’t know Milton if I weren’t a Tennessee fan. Seems like a former Freshmen All-American like Henry T would have as good a change as anyone to be the best

VN Store

Back