Transfer Portal Deadline passed

someone had mentioned we might see another DL exit, but maybe not now

yes, you're seemingly correct @BigBadVol , if they're already in the portal they can move

Reactions: BigBadVol
Seemingly the Transfer Portal Deadline for Fall and Winter sports has passed July 1st.

So we're not seeing any new players come in or exit at this point, correct?

NCAA officially ratifies one-time transfer rule, sets deadline for entering transfer portal
I think as long as they announced they were going into the Portal by the deadline, they can transfer any time up until school starts. Anybody who enters the Portal now though will not be eligible for football until 2022.

Seemingly the Transfer Portal Deadline for Fall and Winter sports has passed July 1st.

NCAA officially ratifies one-time transfer rule, sets deadline for entering transfer portal

I think that beginning on July 1, it starts the one time transfer rule. Devan Barnett from Auburn entered the Portal on 7/2. Think you can still enter, its just you are now a one time transfer, not multiple times like many have. I could be wrong but that was what I understood.

Players will leave their programs in the fall all over the place. Happens every year. I doubt they will have to wait until next year to enter the portal.

We might add one or two more, but don't see anymore leaving until next year at this point.

Been mentioned that Aubrey Solomon might leave.

there are going to be additional players leave before season starts Still got some not measuring up on expectations.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I think that beginning on July 1, it starts the one time transfer rule. Devan Barnett from Auburn entered the Portal on 7/2. Think you can still enter, its just you are now a one time transfer, not multiple times like many have. I could be wrong but that was what I understood.

Players will leave their programs in the fall all over the place. Happens every year. I doubt they will have to wait until next year to enter the portal.
If he entered the portal on 7/2, he will not be eligible to play this year. School has 48 hours to make it public. I wonder if Barnett placed his name in the portal on 6/30 and AU just didn’t make it public until 7/2? If he did, he’s eligible. If he didn’t, oh well.

In order to exercise your transfer without penalty, you had until 7/1 to enter your name. You do not have to found a new school by 7/1 but name had to be in the database. There is still hundreds of kids in the portal, majority will have to step down to find a new home. Because of the 25 initial counter rule, some may have to drop down to D2 and some won’t have a home at all.

I hope someone is keeping receipts where they can show players that the majority moved down instead of up, maybe 15% found a better situation.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Been mentioned that Aubrey Solomon might leave.

there are going to be additional players leave before season starts Still got some not measuring up on expectations.
Anyone who leaves now will not be eligible to play this year. Roster should be set. Next year the deadline for fall sports will be May 1.

Anyone who leaves now will not be eligible to play this year. Roster should be set. Next year the deadline for fall sports will be May 1.

doesn't mean players won't still enter the portal. just they won't be able to play this year.. Gonna still be a lot of kids leave their teams the rest of this year. Happens every year.

If he entered the portal on 7/2, he will not be eligible to play this year. School has 48 hours to make it public. I wonder if Barnett placed his name in the portal on 6/30 and AU just didn’t make it public until 7/2? If he did, he’s eligible. If he didn’t, oh well.

In order to exercise your transfer without penalty, you had until 7/1 to enter your name. You do not have to found a new school by 7/1 but name had to be in the database. There is still hundreds of kids in the portal, majority will have to step down to find a new home. Because of the 25 initial counter rule, some may have to drop down to D2 and some won’t have a home at all.

I hope someone is keeping receipts where they can show players that the majority moved down instead of up, maybe 15% found a better situation.

I've been trying to keep up with the portal and I'm sure my numbers are not accurate. There is likely many more in Portal I missed and many more found homes that I missed.

My numbers are 1602 in the portal for football in the 2021 portal. I have 700 that have found homes.

There was over 300 last year that never enrolled anywhere after going into the portal. Here is what I kept up with in 2020. Again, doubt this accurate to what reality was

1,220 Players in Portal
618 of 1,220 from P5 team
151 of 618 P5 signed with another P5 school
118 of 618 P5 didn't sign anywhere
240 of 1,220 signed with a P5 team
327 of 1,220 didn't sign anywhere

I've been trying to keep up with the portal and I'm sure my numbers are not accurate. There is likely many more in Portal I missed and many more found homes that I missed.

My numbers are 1602 in the portal for football in the 2021 portal. I have 700 that have found homes.

There was over 300 last year that never enrolled anywhere after going into the portal. Here is what I kept up with in 2020. Again, doubt this accurate to what reality was

1,220 Players in Portal
Wow, good stuff Larry. Thanks for this.

1,220 Players in Portal
Excellent stuff as always sir...I wonder how many of the 1,200 were like Salter and were forced into the portal? That would explain why many didn't find new teams

Excellent stuff as always sir...I wonder how many of the 1,200 were like Salter and were forced into the portal? That would explain why many didn't find new teams

that number is fairly small.. probably over 95 percent are self initiated. You do have players like Emerson and Middleton that left due to mutual agreement between coaching staff and players..

If they all complain enough on social media they will eventually be able to transfer anytime & be immediately eligible to play at as many schools as they please

Reactions: savannahfan
After 25+ players enter the portal I'm kinda glad it's closed. Bloody portal works both ways but we seem to have taken a pretty heavy hit. Glad to hear it's not a topic for the near future.

As usual this new "simplified" transfer rule leaves me mystified. If you have/are doing this now/or in the past, you can't do this. That is unless you have not done this as a post grad. But you must do what ever by May 1st, that is unless we change the date for what ever reason we deem necessary.:rolleyes:

VN Store

Back