Transfer Portal 21-22

BOOM BOOM BOOM!!!

Sure, other teams may be loaded, too, but that doesn’t change what we have, elite players and Coaches that can Coach!

Bring on next season!

I’m so excited! I’m considering looking into season tickets at this point. I need to know when the schedule comes out if I have enough days and can find the flights I would like to try to make most of the home games even though I’m in Colorado. IM READY FOR 9 BABY!

If they get Owusu, which in thinking they might, they will be very tough.

I think Reese could be headed to LSU.

And I actually don’t think Baylor did that well. Van Gytenbeek is a good passer and has a nice shot but she lacks the athleticism to be an elite guard at a high level.

I maintain that Blackwell/Edwards. Is a HUGE experiment and we will have to see how that goes. They essentially play the same position so could end up taking minutes from one another. They look all Buddy Buddy now, but if it comes to that I doubt their friendship sustains.

Looks like Collen is trying to play more “postionless” because at this point they have no center. Unless Egbo is returning?

I have a feeling they have a big drop off this season. I said that last year, and they did struggle, but down the stretch Smith carried them. I think she had a strong personal desire to prove that staying wasn’t a mistake. Didn’t seem like team buy in as much as it was individual players doing it for their own reasons.
Egbo got drafted and is training camp

You realize, Jillian is past the Freshman learning jitters, she’ll be ready to play as a Sophomore, and our Sophomore Class, plus Freshman Justine, is loaded with talent. Kellie has always gotten all her players ready to play, by playing them in a lot of games. She’ll continue to do that, and will keep more players happy than probably any other Coach would, because others don’t get all their players ready, and that’s one of the reasons why we did so well last season.

Tennessee was 25-9 and made it to the Sweet 16 with multiple key injuries plus youth in key positions. The returning core was good enough to at least get back to the NCAA tourney w/o any major additions.
This 2022 recruiting class that Tennessee has landed on Rocky Top could be a starting lineup and make the NCAA Tourney
PG Jasmine Powell
SG/Wing Justine Pissott
SF Rickea Jackson
PF Jasmine Franklin
C Jillian Hollingshead

With the 1-15 roster at Tennessee if this is true.. this is a Top 5 team possibly higher and not a stretch to say capable of being #1 in the country. Last year, Tennessee ranked as high as #4 if I’m not mistaken. I’m happy for this group. Could be a special year.

This… we were already returning a S16 team.. these others coaches gotta be scrambling… seeing the development of our freshmen during the season… just imagine the offseason grind as well as how everyone should look toward the end of the season… SCHEDULE ERRYBODY!!!

Same!

I often wish I could completely ignore LVBB from the moment they play their last game of one season until the day they play the first game of the next. Life would be less stressful if I could be pleasantly surprised to find out who is on the team from one year to the next, avoiding all the recruiting ups and downs. :eek:
Heh, I check this forum Saturday mornings during the off-season. Works fine!

This… we were already returning a S16 team.. these others coaches gotta be scrambling… seeing the development of our freshmen during the season… just imagine the offseason grind as well as how everyone should look toward the end of the season… SCHEDULE ERRYBODY!!!
🧡 😆 🤣 😂 😹

Reactions: Lucy
excuse me while I take a summer long dance break.

I cannot wait for the season. I am dying right now yall. Jillian is the one I was really hoping for! Somebody needs to check on me later today 😭😭😭😭😭
My first words in here when I saw her hit the portal was, "She would be a huge get for Tennessee" and low and behold. She fits the Tennessee mold. Great basketball player and seems to be a great person who enjoys community service and helping the elderly. If she is solid academically, she checks all the Lady Vols boxes. Coach Joy should be over the moon with a player of this athletic caliber to work with and develop!!!

If they get Owusu, which in thinking they might, they will be very tough.

I think Reese could be headed to LSU.

And I actually don’t think Baylor did that well. Van Gytenbeek is a good passer and has a nice shot but she lacks the athleticism to be an elite guard at a high level.

I maintain that Blackwell/Edwards. Is a HUGE experiment and we will have to see how that goes. They essentially play the same position so could end up taking minutes from one another. They look all Buddy Buddy now, but if it comes to that I doubt their friendship sustains.

Looks like Collen is trying to play more “postionless” because at this point they have no center. Unless Egbo is returning?

I have a feeling they have a big drop off this season. I said that last year, and they did struggle, but down the stretch Smith carried them. I think she had a strong personal desire to prove that staying wasn’t a mistake. Didn’t seem like team buy in as much as it was individual players doing it for their own reasons.
Owusu is committed to VT

VN Store

Back