Transfer Portal 21-22

I’ve always loved Jaz. I’m excited for her next chapter…but this is part of the problem with the portal (in my opinion). She’s played within the rules of the portal, but they need to be corrected. She’s already played 4 college seasons, at 2 universities. You’re getting your degree…use it like the rest of the kids your age or go overseas and play basketball. She’s taking a scholarship, time, and effort away from a younger player. The portal shouldn’t be used as a G league of sort.
I think this is less an issue with the transfer portal and more about the extra year. Jaz wouldn't have had the option to GT if not for the fact that she gets to play 5 years. The issues you noted about taking away from younger players applies whether the player goes into the portal or elects to stay for a 5th year. Unfortunately, this will continue for the next two season...

Reactions: stlvolsfan

Just waiting for the announcement from her, she started following all the girls on Instagram. Got our backup post, and post of the future(once TK graduates) ! BOOM 💥

Besides Ayoka Lee this is the only other post option i thought was worth taking love her game and her ceiling is extremely high if this is true there is no excuse for a final four run theres not another roster besides south carolina n stanford that can match this type of talent n depth

Just waiting for the announcement from her, she started following all the girls on Instagram. Got our backup post, and post of the future(once TK graduates) ! BOOM 💥

This is like getting a recruit for 2023 she has four years to play if she so desires. Hopefully this is true information she is exactly what we need next season and beyond.

Goodness gracious! I'm starting to feel sorry for everyone else! 😂

What remains to be seen is how actually, SOMEhow sh!tty this development is on the Dumb@zz Darth scale.

Tennessee was 25-9 and made it to the Sweet 16 with multiple key injuries plus youth in key positions. The returning core was good enough to at least get back to the NCAA tourney w/o any major additions.
This 2022 recruiting class that Tennessee has landed on Rocky Top could be a starting lineup and make the NCAA Tourney
PG Jasmine Powell
SG/Wing Justine Pissott
SF Rickea Jackson
PF Jasmine Franklin
C Jillian Hollingshead

With the 1-15 roster at Tennessee if this is true.. this is a Top 5 team possibly higher and not a stretch to say capable of being #1 in the country. Last year, Tennessee ranked as high as #4 if I’m not mistaken. I’m happy for this group. Could be a special year.

When was the last time we had a 15 player roster?
Never and sadly about three maybe four of them not going to be very happy by next seasons end. It is a battle for playing time and every position is loaded as far as I am concerned so you better be getting better cause no one can play 15 any reasonable minutes.

This is like getting a recruit for 2023 she has four years to play if she so desires. Hopefully this is true information she is exactly what we need next season and beyond.

To Georgia in 2021 ! Same year as our Sophomores…. Puckett , Stricklin, Wynn , and Miles ! The year after COVID…. I believe she has three years ? But a good get and solves the need for another big !!!!! THE HITS JUST KEEP ON COMING….. 👍

This kid has the potential to be a star!! This is great news. Come in and back Tamari up, practice, and learn against the best shot-blocker in the country and be great in the next couple of years!!

To Georgia in 2021 ! Same year as our Sophomores…. Puckett , Stricklin, Wynn , and Miles ! The year after COVID…. I believe she has three years ? But a good get and solves the need for another big !!!!! THE HITS JUST KEEP ON COMING….. 👍
That would be a 1-5 team and Marta also has the same eligibility remaining.

Reactions: Bret178 and dtnvol
When was the last time we had a 15 player roster?

This could be the norm for sometime now if this staff stays together.
The recruiting argument was already garbage but now it is officially dead if this recent news becomes true with yet another highly touted SEC player heading to Rocky Top via the portal.
Tennessee may eventually lose some players that transfer out.. yet with this kind success in the portal with a 2021 recruit after landing a top 15 2021 recruiting class expect to see an outstanding recruiting class in 2023. At least 4 elite prospects would be my guess. These coaches can recruit. S/O Sam, Joy, and CKH🍊.

Never and sadly about three maybe four of them not going to be very happy by next seasons end. It is a battle for playing time and every position is loaded as far as I am concerned so you better be getting better cause no one can play 15 any reasonable minutes.
Agreed. There only a handful of teams that have this choice: 1) Fill up the roster with as many good players as possible, with eyes on a national championship.
This will maximize the team's chances of winning but also, generally, increase the likelihood that you will have some players transfer.
2) Keep a roster of around 10-12 which will give the bench players greater chances of playing time.
CKJH has chosen the first option.
But because they will lose 6 (I think that's correct #) players after this season, the pressure to transfer may not be so great on this year's bench players.

Agreed. There only a handful of teams that have this choice: 1) Fill up the roster with as many good players as possible.
This will maximize the team's chances of winning but also, generally, increase the likelihood that you will have some players transfer.
2) Keep a roster of around 10-12 which will give the bench players greater chances of playing time.
CKJH has chosen the first option.
But because they will lose 6 (I think that's correct #) players after this season, the pressure to transfer may not be so great on this year's bench players.
Well Jessie understands her role and is a senior so were really dealing with 14. I think you have battles with players like Striplin and Suarez, Darby and Pissott, Wynn looking for time at the one-two.

The solids look to be Key. Horston, Jackson. Powell, Franklin, Walker, more than likely Hollingshead, Puckett and Miles. I think we can play two to three more at least 10 minutes a game besides these players. I think Pissott could beat out Darby because she is a great shooter that brings the entire game. Pre-season practice is going to be fun to see who can step up as even as presented and expectations that seem obvious someone could come out of no where they have the opportunity.

VN Store

Back