Transfer Portal 21-22

Was hoping for Baylor for Reese but of the two SEC teams LSU was better than Sc to me. I don't think we were ever serious about her from the visit she made as a freshman.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Was hoping for Baylor for Reese but of the two SEC teams LSU was better than Sc to me. I don't think we were ever serious about her from the visit she made as a freshman.

Angel Reese to my knowledge has never visited SC, at least not officially. Just like Westbrook, SC was her fifth visit and she cancelled it. I thought Tennesse had a better shot because of the fact she visited there before.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Criticizing Kellie for bringing in "damaged goods" is unfair. First, it's not often one finds an accomplished basketball player who has never been injured. And it is relatively common to find accomplished basketball players who have suffered at least one major injury in their career if they have completed at a high level. Of the universe of players available in the portal, there are going to be many who have suffered such injuries in the past. If a doctor is clearing them to play, how can Kellie be expected to calculate the odds beforehand of the likelihood of another major injury or reoccurrence of nagging injuries?? If you eliminate those in the portal who were not going to come to UT (the program was in a shambles), and then cull out of the remaining group anyone who might be likely to suffer significant injuries at Tennessee, who do you have left?

Jordan Horston suffered a fractured elbow last season. Should Kellie be willing to play her this season for fear it could be re-injured? Marta has been injured with season ending types twice in two years? Should Kellie not play her for fear of re-injury? Injuries are part of the game.

Maybe the question should be put to you: Who among those who were in the portal then, and that Kellie could have had, were both 1) sure bets against any kind of significant injury, and 2) good enough to play in the SEC, even if just a role player? Name names, please.
Kellie wouldn’t bring in a player who won’t be healthy enough to play.

She’s a staff writer on a recruiting site but your right let’s wait for the official announcement

I could see that as a great fit. They will be really tough again next season. Kim is a coach that can really develop someone like Reese. If they get D’Asia Fair they will be lit

She’s a Kim type player as well and would slide right in where Pointer left off.

Reactions: olddog
I'm gonna need to see a official announcement before I believe this.

There was an Angel Reese who plays/played for LSU Shreveport (a senior during the '21-'22 season). This might be what is causing some confusion. I can find no reference that indicates that Angel Reese transferring from Maryland has made any announcement about a decision on her next school.

Jim

If Kim gets Owusu....ugh.

She’s gonna reload that’s for sure. I think they’ll be 3rd behind us and SC still. They’re going to be tough every season though. Kim can coach some dang basketball and she is an excellent recruiter.

She has no problem reeling in talented players season after season.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
She’s a staff writer on a recruiting site but your right let’s wait for the official announcement

Well if this is the true they hit the jackpot with her just being a Sophomore. The #1 2023 recruit is from Louisiana and has already visited LSU, so they will be dangerous in the future. It looks like we may go through a period with UT, LSU, and SC being much better than the remainder of the SEC. Just glad we should be up there too!!

There was an Angel Reese who plays/played for LSU Shreveport (a senior during the '21-'22 season). This might be what is causing some confusion. I can find no reference that indicates that Angel Reese transferring from Maryland has made any announcement about a decision on her next school.

Jim
I doubt that is relevant. But... to play social media stalking. A few of LSU's coaches just started following her and there has been buzz she has been entertaining schools such as SC, Louisville, Ole Miss and LSU. I'm sure there is interest, but gonna wait for an announcement to see if its a done deal.

I wonder where Reese will play since LSU inked Esmery Martinez and Ladazhia Williams.

Would love to see her there. Coach Brooks seems like a nice guy. Would be awesome for his program to land her.
Yes, but he is crazy about his current point guard. That is one of the reasons Mabrey transferred from VT. She wanted to be a point guard but he said no way. He had a freshman coming in who he wanted as point guard. That was two seasons ago. She is a good one.

Reactions: VolBall09
Yes, but he is crazy about his current point guard. That is one of the reasons Mabrey transferred from VT. She wanted to be a point guard but he said no way. He had a freshman coming in who he wanted as point guard. That was two seasons ago. She is a good one.

If Owusu wants to come, you take her. Big difference between Mabrey and Owusu.

Angel Reese was just on IG live 5 mins ago and she stated she hasn't committed anywhere. Let's just wait to the official word gets out before we all start trying to guess

VN Store

Back