Transfer Portal 21-22

I liked Collins, wish she would have stayed & contributed greatly as a Lady Vol.
I don't particularly like these pics that show a player splash and say "Committed to so & so"... and then you realize this is their 3rd school after transfers.
They are as committed to a school as much as Elizabeth Taylor was committed to husbands.
Yup, I'm old enough to know, but you can Google for that number
Yeah she claimed im leaving maryland for academic reasons only then boom shes in a new uniform for an Elite 8 Team , sureeeeeee MiMi

Yeah she claimed im leaving maryland for academic reasons only then boom shes in a new uniform for an Elite 8 Team , sureeeeeee MiMi

I chuckled at that as well. Pretty transparent if you ask me.

I love Mimi and think NC State is a great choice for her. Needs to keep it real though. That was a basketball decision not an academic decision 🤣

Looks like Arizona, Oklahoma and Maryland are gunning for Taylor Jones.

Out of those schools I would love to see her at Oklahoma. Honestly don’t think Arizona has that much going on. They had a great run on the back of a great player. This season was a disaster for them if you ask me. No way I would want to be part of that culture. Players need to be paying attention to how previous transfers were treated….

Still hope we are in on her as she is definitely one of the best posts in the portal. Just cruising social media I don’t see many links between her and UT though.

Last edited:
If a player selects the next university based on both basketball and the graduate degree she desires to complete (communications) and states it in her reason for transferring I personally consider she was transparently honest. As usual there are boarders who know so much more than I do on why a young woman made her next life decision. But perhaps they also have graduate degrees in Communication

North Carolina State University - Department of Communication
M.S. in Communication
We prepare students to tackle complex communication issues in industry, academia and the nonprofit sector.

Our program requires 36 credit hours of study.
In addition to completing 9 hours of methods and theory classes, students choose 27 hours of electives related to their field(s) of interest. Possibilities include public relations, organizational communication, interpersonal communication, cultural studies, mediated communication and digital media, among others.
Additionally, we provide opportunities for rewarding experiences outside the classroom, including internships, research projects and certificate programs.

What are common outcomes?
Our graduates land jobs and become leaders at nonprofit agencies, public relations firms, training and development organizations, and governmental agencies, to name a few. Many become college lecturers in communication and enter doctoral programs.
We’ll help you refine and reach not only your career aims but your goals for personal growth. Our program’s theoretical foundations will broaden your perspectives and provide the tools for any path.

Two more into the portal out of Arizona WBB, both grad xfers: —Semaj Smith, 6-6 SR center, Long Beach, CA (played in just 9 games in 2021-22) —Bendu Yeaney, 5-10 SR wing, Portland, OR (started every game in 2021-22: 6.3 PPG, 2.7 RPG; began college career at Indiana)

Need a post ? never seen her play

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Two more into the portal out of Arizona WBB, both grad xfers: —Semaj Smith, 6-6 SR center, Long Beach, CA (played in just 9 games in 2021-22) —Bendu Yeaney, 5-10 SR wing, Portland, OR (started every game in 2021-22: 6.3 PPG, 2.7 RPG; began college career at Indiana)

Need a post ? never seen her play

Yes, yes we do

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Okay, so I looked at the Lady Vol Recruiting Thread, and it looks like we not only offered Lattimore, but we pulled out all of the stops.

Get her and Hollingshed and suddenly that would have been a very highly rate class. Imagine Puckett, Wynn, Miles, Striplin, Hollingshed and Lattimore as jr’s and seniors….

Last edited:

VN Store

Back