Transfer Portal 21-22

I guess is hard 4 Geno to develop unranked players
That is one of the problems I see with women basketball coaches on the college level, they seem to have issues developing good post players. Even Boston needed help from Tim Duncan. It seems as long as they can reasonably block shots, get a few rebounds and score somewhat in the paint they are okay. One example is Russell when she was with the Lady Vols. She had a good shot in the paint but lack great post footwork and the ability to move effectively using the balls of her feet. However, once she became a pro, coaches developed her into a pretty good post player. Ayoka Lee has some good post moves but does not use the balls of her feet effectively, she does not block out that well, or many times throw the ball out to open players when multiple players collapse in on her. We have few issues with TK, she is a great shot blocker but must be coached up in other areas like footwork, how to effectively move around on the balls of her feet, to keep the ball high, how to spot open players when the defense sends two and three plays to guard her down low, how to effectively use her body to fight off defenders, develop softer hands in the post for shots in the paint and she needs weight training to improve both her upper and lower body strength. I believe if TK receives the coaching she needs this summer, she can be one of the most dominant post in women’s basketball.

Technically, Elyssa Wesolek who will use her Covid eligibility year elsewhere. Same w Destiny Littleton. In either case, I don't think staying for a fifth year was presented as an option.

Oh yea add Littleton also ... Did she already leave

Oh yea add Littleton also ... Did she already leave
She tweeted after the NC game about how she'll always be a Gamecock no matter where life takes her.

She could just call it a day, or maybe she goes for the free Master's degree. I read an article about her tough upbringing, and would be shocked if she didn't grad transfer, if only for the chance to continue her education.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
I have a strong and a possible but i just won't be surprised.

‘Other than maybe Littleton, that should be it. With the 4 that have left, we are now down to 12 which makes adding the 3 new signees ok and brings the scholarship count t0 15. Littleton is still being counted so IDK what she will do. I know some of you are hoping 2 of our freshmen will hit the portal but they all signed wanting to continue what the Junior class started. They should all have significantly more PT next year. Grissette got a lot of PT as a post that should open up for Feagin. Rivers carved out a good chunk of PT in many games toward the end of the year. It may happen but I really don’t see it.

Reactions: Talon2 and shiverz
The least surprising news yet out of all the transfers. She should have left after last season.

I wonder if Dawn plans to use her newfound available scholly 🤔?

Due to Covid, she still has 3 years to shine somewhere. So I understand her giving it another year, because she seem like she truly wanted to be at SC. It is weird she was the lone recruit sandwiched between two number 1 ranked recruiting classes.

Reactions: Amb3096
Technically, Elyssa Wesolek who will use her Covid eligibility year elsewhere. Same w Destiny Littleton. In either case, I don't think staying for a fifth year was presented as an option.
I think Littleton can go some place else and be a double figure scorer in the SEC. She is just in a loaded situation.

‘Other than maybe Littleton, that should be it. With the 4 that have left, we are now down to 12 which makes adding the 3 new signees ok and brings the scholarship count t0 15. Littleton is still being counted so IDK what she will do. I know some of you are hoping 2 of our freshmen will hit the portal but they all signed wanting to continue what the Junior class started. They should all have significantly more PT next year. Grissette got a lot of PT as a post that should open up for Feagin. Rivers carved out a good chunk of PT in many games toward the end of the year. It may happen but I really don’t see it.

Cool... I wouldn't be surprised to see one more unless Dawn is really trying to pull a Bianca Cuavez to the player im thinking about. Time will tell for sure.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Hope this isn't reposting old news, but just saw that 6'4" Ramani Parker has entered the portal out of Louisville.

Redshirted first season and rarely saw action. Ranked #29 by Prospect Nation and was on watch list for Naismith h.s. poy.

Was also offered by Stanford, Baylor, South Carolina, Duke, Michigan, UCLA, Oregon State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and others.

According to press release, she said on Twitter that she "knows where she's going," so destination sounds predetermined.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I think were going to have a full 15 and a walkon. Possible SC could have a full 15 also I'm counting 14 right now. This means about five players on each team will not get to play much going to be interesting to see how you manage these rosters. 10 is fairly easy to manage, but that other five are going to see mostly bench time.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Parrish heads home to Indiana. Good move for her I think. She’ll suit their style of play much better. She’s a cerebral basketball player with a nice shot and good size. She is not overly athletic though.

VN Store

Back