Transfer Portal 21-22

says a poster with MS in their name

What’s your point? What does being from Mississippi mean?

Pat Summit and my older sister who was a really good HS player in MS from a small school are the two main reasons I started to watch WCB. We loved the LVs in the late 90s and 2000s.

From the very little I know and have seen of Rickea hopefully she has a great final year of college. The expectations being put on her commitment to Tenn or Texas to propel the program is unrealistic..

Trying to grow their brand. Fresno State doesn't have the oomph of a major D1 school, and their marketing approach combined with a larger and more financially impactful fanbase will significantly increase their brand value.

Would imagine a PAC-12 school will nab them up. Would be an interesting look, but I’m not sure we would have the minutes for both of them.

But we see how that can change as a season progresses….

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Only....the players at UConn that have endorsements have been received through private agents contracted by the player and families. The school and/or coaching staff has no part in them. The players are not allowed to wear any part of the uniform or the UConn brand or school colors in any ad/endorsement, so the thought that advertisers can or will use a school brand, or the UCONN brand for their benefit doesn't work in their case. However who DOESN'T know bueckers , Westbrook, Ducharme, ONO, and Williams play for UConn?
Not sure how other schools handle NIL deals, but no one at UCONN has anything to do with a WBB players NIL.
Never heard of em, they still around 😁

Trying to grow their brand. Fresno State doesn't have the oomph of a major D1 school, and their marketing approach combined with a larger and more financially impactful fanbase will significantly increase their brand value.

They will sell tickets, but I'd imagine the outside attention they get would be a threat to team chemistry.

It didn't help matters that Fresno St. went 11-18.
I have a cousin that plays in the same conference they did for San Diego St. I can see some Pac 12 schools having some interest in them.

This tweet from today shows a photo of Rickea in Detroit. I guess there's a chance the photo could have been taken prior to today. Perhaps she did not fly out for an official visit after all.

Reactions: mcannon1
This tweet from today shows a photo of Rickea in Detroit. I guess there's a chance the photo could have been taken prior to today. Perhaps she did not fly out for an official visit after all.

unless she is going to travel to her recruiting visit this weekend and the team is hosting first and second round games. I would think that might work too

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
unless she is going to travel to her recruiting visit this weekend and the team is hosting first and second round games. I would think that might work too
Someone on here posted yesterday that Rickea indicated yesterday morning on her Instagram chat that she was flying out for an official visit yesterday. So, not sure what's what, after all.

my memory immediately goes back to the twins from Georgia - I'm sure some of our senior boarders can remember their names and the drama of their years.
I am close to a senior citizen but an adolescent boarder. Any way, the thing that always disturbed me was the way the twins repeatedly caught the wrath from Andy Landers. The terror and shame in their faces and the tenseness of their bodies reminded me of victims of abuse. I am not suggesting that this was Landers intent, but it is on him that he never seemed to modify his approach despite their extreme reactions. Yes, he could be gentle with them but once they made a couple of mistakes he would just approach them with so much rage in his face and tone. Despite that our rivalry was huge with Georgia during that era and that I wasn't drawn to them as players, I did feel sorry for them that they had that type of dynamic with their couch. Not surprisingly, that never progressed that much with such poorly attuned coaching even though they were quite talented. Andy at his worst.

I am close to a senior citizen but an adolescent boarder. Any way, the thing that always disturbed me was the way the twins repeatedly caught the wrath from Andy Landers. The terror and shame in their faces and the tenseness of their bodies reminded me of victims of abuse. I am not suggesting that this was Landers intent, but it is on him that he never seemed to modify his approach despite their extreme reactions. Yes, he could be gentle with them but once they made a couple of mistakes he would just approach them with so much rage in his face and tone. Despite that our rivalry was huge with Georgia during that era and that I wasn't drawn to them as players, I did feel sorry for them that they had that type of dynamic with their couch. Not surprisingly, that never progressed that much with such poorly attuned coaching even though they were quite talented. Andy at his worst.
They never progressed that much? Kelly Miller was the SEC POY as a senior and the #2 pick in the WNBA draft. Coco was a top 10 draft pick. Both of them set all kinds of records at UGA.

I think you definitely saw things that weren't happening.

Not surprisingly, that never progressed that much with such poorly attuned coaching even though they were quite talented. Andy at his worst.

This is completely inaccurate. Kelly Miller was a two time SEC Player of the Year -- ahead of Catchings. She was also the #2 pick in the WNBA draft behind Lauren Jackson but ahead of, once again, Catchings. Coco was the ninth pick...

They never progressed that much? Kelly Miller was the SEC POY as a senior and the #2 pick in the WNBA draft. Coco was a top 10 draft pick. Both of them set all kinds of records at UGA.

I think you definitely saw things that weren't happening.

GMTA...

VN Store

Back