Transfer Portal 21-22

I don't know if she finished up classes online to get her degree which is a possibility. Her mom is also BIG on academics so i would think this is a strategically planned move.

If she is a student during semester 2 when she decides (classes already were back in session) is MSU financially responsible for her classes at least until the end of the semester?

I agree if she can't finish her degree when she comes the option of coming here wont be hers. Kellie is not going to play with that graduation rate. But she keeps saying always a bulldog so i was thinking she would end up with a degree.

No idea if she's still enrolled in school or not. Maybe she finishes up the semester and enters the portal as a grad transfer? Not sure who is footing the bill now that she's no longer on the team if she elects to remain a student this semester.

No idea if she's still enrolled in school or not. Maybe she finishes up the semester and enters the portal as a grad transfer? Not sure who is footing the bill now that she's no longer on the team if she elects to remain a student this semester.

Yea i don't know that MSU isn't footing the bill since she was still enrolled and they released her to the portal. I also know there were behind the scenes things that went on so i wonder if they just paid since it was a yearly type scholarship anyways ... i'll have to research that 🤔

Reactions: stlvolsfan
The truth is that Holly wasn’t prepared to be head coach. Some may think she should have been ready, but she wasn’t. The transition was supposed to have been based on Pat’s normal retirement, which may never have happened if she hadn’t become Ill. I think she could have coached until she was 100! But as it happened, it truly was almost overnight that Holly was placed in charge of an enormous program with many moving parts whereas in her role as assistant, she focused on recruiting. And then to add to the pressure, she was trying to handle the loss of her coach, mentor, mother-figure, best friend, and boss: Pat. She had been in Pat’s influence since she was 18. She didn’t even have time to grieve the loss before she was let go.

All this to say that she is a wonderful human being, a good coach, and a LVFL….and deserves our respect.
So does Nikki! Unless you’re placing importance on one more than the other. Nothing I said was negative towards Holly so I’m not sure why you felt the need to defend her.

Several coaches already have reached out to Rickea Jackson according to her mother. She says they will take a few days before they start making decisions on her next destination. Hopefully Tennessee is one of the teams that has been in contact.
Have our coaches started following her on Twitter?

Reactions: AntiochVol81
No, since she gets 1 free transfer without sitting out.

The more I think of it, the less likely I think she comes to Tennessee. She probably isn't planning on leaving her next stop with a degree. I can't see her being anything other than a 1-and-done.
Do we know if she will graduate at the end of this year from Miss St?

Have our coaches started following her on Twitter?
Coach Sam has always followed her. She recruited her for Louisville, I figure she got plenty of calls from coaches she is an elite player even if she will probably only play one more season. She will have two years of eligibility left, but sure WNBA will get her after next season unless of course the NIL comes in a big way somewhere. That has made it possible for some players to choose college over the Pros and use up their eligibility.

Starting to get some of this stuff hope this is not going to be one of those highest bidder things. We'll certainly be out quickly we don't get into this kind of thing and we shouldn't. Of course we'd love for her to get NIL deals and if some schools are going to offer them as a recruiting tool that is just shameful.

Starting to get some of this stuff hope this is not going to be one of those highest bidder things. We'll certainly be out quickly we don't get into this kind of thing and we shouldn't. Of course we'd love for her to get NIL deals and if some schools are going to offer them as a recruiting tool that is just shameful.

Rae just inked a deal with Grub Hub. What I’m enjoying is our ladies seem to be doing the NIL on their own and learning about business acumen.

Seems like other schools are playing a large part in brokering the deals. Good for their program, but in the long run is it good for the player?

What’s going on with the Gatorade NIL for Bueckers? Not exactly a great investment at this point.

Rae just inked a deal with Grub Hub. What I’m enjoying is our ladies seem to be doing the NIL on their own and learning about business acumen.

Seems like other schools are playing a large part in brokering the deals. Good for their program, but in the long run is it good for the player?

What’s going on with the Gatorade NIL for Bueckers? Not exactly a great investment at this point.

I can almost assure you they were NOT happy she was in the game at that point and i bet she is being advised to NOT rush back for the season. So we see her when we see her...

Also, i think TN is involved with NILs just not like how some other schools are doing it. I am sure they have advisers as they were giving athletes classes on what it meant and how to market and capitalize their brands. I can appreciate UT for doing that because that is something that they can carry with them into their profession al careers.

The players I want at Tennessee are the ones that ignore these NIL offers as enticement to sign and instead go where they think they can excel on the court and become better players and play for Championships. Players that think money first just not the ones I would care about being on the team. You can get Nils at Tennessee don't think were one the of the schools that is trying to make it part of the recruiting deal. I knew some schools would do that cause a lot of these coaches have booster friends that have money to burn and not really caring about if a deal is profitable for them just that it might buy them wins and titles.

The players I want at Tennessee are the ones that ignore these NIL offers as enticement to sign and instead go where they think they can excel on the court and become better players and play for Championships. Players that think money first just not the ones I would care about being on the team. You can get Nils at Tennessee don't think were one the of the schools that is trying to make it part of the recruiting deal. I knew some schools would do that cause a lot of these coaches have booster friends that have money to burn and not really caring about if a deal is profitable for them just that it might buy them wins and titles.

Unfortunately I think that's going to be easier said than done 😫

I can almost assure you they were NOT happy she was in the game at that point and i bet she is being advised to NOT rush back for the season. So we see her when we see her...

Also, i think TN is involved with NILs just not like how some other schools are doing it. I am sure they have advisers as they were giving athletes classes on what it meant and how to market and capitalize their brands. I can appreciate UT for doing that because that is something that they can carry with them into their profession al careers.

I’ve been saying for a month I don’t think she comes back this season. She’s supposed to be back mid February (which is in a few days) and she’s still hobbling around on crutches.

Just don’t see it happening. I’m especially curious to see it play out due to the comments Geno made about our program and the Westbrook situation. If they rush Bueckers back and she’s hurt more severely he should have to answer for it.

But he won’t. It’ll be someone else’s fault. Probably hers according to him.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back