Transfer Portal 21-22

I know one thing for sure, and it’s that our staff knows how fortunate they are to have a group of players who have such terrific chemistry, and so they will be extra, extra, uber, SUPER thorough in checking out any future players before inviting them into the fold. Just one slight misalignment in personality/dedication/ego can throw everything out of whack.

I have complete trust in our staff, so I don’t need to worry any about this. :D

I think there is something super toxic going on.

I’ll give you 3 guesses. Even if they aren’t in the middle of it, boy does the drama follow them…..
Anastasia Hayes

Looks like you're both on to something. From the Clarion Ledger:

Her decision to enter the portal also comes amidst tension between several players on the team, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation.
A confrontation involving Jackson occurred during halftime of a loss to Ole Miss on Jan. 16 that resulted in Anastasia Hayes' late arrival to the bench in the third quarter. A source said more dissention occurred after the loss to Arkansas on Sunday.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

Her decision to enter the portal also comes amidst tension between several players on the team, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation.
A confrontation involving Jackson occurred during halftime of a loss to Ole Miss on Jan. 16 that resulted in Anastasia Hayes' late arrival to the bench in the third quarter. A source said more dissention occurred after the loss to Arkansas on Sunday.
Girl still fighting teammates 😂😂😂 wait nvm that was Te’a and Jaime

Reactions: VolBall09
I ain’t never seen a program go down like Miss State did lol thank god Holly kept our program afloat before we hired Kellie🥴
Nikki McCray is probably the worst hire by a major WBB team ever. She's so bad Holly was probably like, "I can't believe they hired her". The sad thing is she looked really good on paper, but man...what a dumpster fire. She single handedly sunk the program.

The Hayes family is like cancer to a team and it starts with their crazy overbearing parents, especially the mother. They showed their true colors when Anastasia was at Tennessee and just again recently pulled their youngest from her high school team because she wasn't being catered to the way they wanted her catered to. The apples don't seem to fall far from the tree. Western Kentucky would be smart to pull that scholarship before they have to deal with the same crap.

Amb3096 your recent quote : Novak is 1000x the coach that Nikki was on her best day. He's actually getting something out of the team and they are playing hard for him even if severely undermanned. It's horrible about her illness and I hope she recovers, but he's clearly the better fit for the program.

Three players left while he was the coach and dissention was happening, and not being resolved. Yes Nikki was a contributor but in 2021-22 he has done nothing IMO to deserve positive credit. Florida has an interum coach after similar issues and she has been 1000x better than the former coach

Nikki McCray is probably the worst hire by a major WBB team ever. She's so bad Holly was probably like, "I can't believe they hired her". The sad thing is she looked really good on paper, but man...what a dumpster fire. She single handedly sunk the program.

Things definitely didn’t go well. I felt she made far too many changes to the basketball schemes alone in her first season. She walked in to a cherry situation with a loaded roster for the most part.

Benching Jackson was the first sign there was an issue. All Rickea has ever wanted to do is win games. It was likely very clear to her early on it wasn’t going to go well. They clearly didn’t hit it off and that was an issue for Nikki. You can’t take over a team like that and immediately try to dominate the superstar. Not gonna go well.

Then to bring in the Hayes sisters? I said at the time she would regret that. She didn’t get to be around for the fireworks, but here it is.

Things definitely didn’t go well. I felt she made far too many changes to the basketball schemes alone in her first season. She walked in to a cherry situation with a loaded roster for the most part.

Benching Jackson was the first sign there was an issue. All Rickea has ever wanted to do is win games. It was likely very clear to her early on it wasn’t going to go well. They clearly didn’t hit it off and that was an issue for Nikki. You can’t take over a team like that and immediately try to dominate the superstar. Not gonna go well.

Then to bring in the Hayes sisters? I said at the time she would regret that. She didn’t get to be around for the fireworks, but here it is.
On a positive note, Rickea had us in her final 3 her senior year and She and Jordan H. were friends. At one point there was a rumor that Jordan, Rickea, and Zia Cooke would go as a package deal. She is pretty good at the 4 spot and we are going to need one.

Amb3096 your recent quote : Novak is 1000x the coach that Nikki was on her best day. He's actually getting something out of the team and they are playing hard for him even if severely undermanned. It's horrible about her illness and I hope she recovers, but he's clearly the better fit for the program.

Three players left while he was the coach and dissention was happening, and not being resolved. Yes Nikki was a contributor but in 2021-22 he has done nothing IMO to deserve positive credit. Florida has an interum coach after similar issues and she has been 1000x better than the former coach
If reports are accurate, then dissension was from a player that Nikki brought on who had a history of being a problem child.

Nikki didn't "contribute". She was 100% the architect. Novak inherited a trainwreck that she single handedly built. I don't disagree that the FL coach has done a much better job in managing adversity, and even if she is 1000x better than Novak, doesn't change the fact that he's still 1000x better than McCray Penson.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
On a positive note, Rickea had us in her final 3 her senior year and She and Jordan H. were friends. At one point there was a rumor that Jordan, Rickea, and Zia Cooke would go as a package deal. She is pretty good at the 4 spot and we are going to need one.
If Kellie wants Rickea, she better keep a close eye on what Vic, Kim, Brenda and Jeff are doing. I can beat they're all getting the red carpet treatment ready for Miss Jackson.

I know one thing for sure, and it’s that our staff knows how fortunate they are to have a group of players who have such terrific chemistry, and so they will be extra, extra, uber, SUPER thorough in checking out any future players before inviting them into the fold. Just one slight misalignment in personality/dedication/ego can throw everything out of whack.

I have complete trust in our staff, so I don’t need to worry any about this. :D
they have proven to be able to use the portal for the good

If Kellie wants Rickea, she better keep a close eye on what Vic, Kim, Brenda and Jeff are doing. I can beat they're all getting the red carpet treatment ready for Miss Jackson.

Heard things weren't so cozy between Rickea and Vic in the way that he left. Time heals old wounds so i'll never say never. But i'll watch the others. Also, i don't know if he lasts at Texas he might bring her to A&M though 😂Brenda probably should have waited a week 👀

Kim would b a good landing spot but she would be in the sort of same position as now because the majority of their scoring threats are done after this year. Jeff can surround her with other talented parts.

She could slide in seamlessly here and if a family feel is what she wants then here it is 🧡

Could very well head back north and play for Barnes Arico at Michigan. They’re playing great and a talent like Rickea would be a game changer for them. Would give her family an opportunity to see her play if they’re still in Michigan.

Last edited:

No more plucking leftovers from Directional State Tech University, the time has come for Kellie to prove she belongs at the grownup table by beating out the big names for a true difference maker...

Reactions: VolBalls33

VN Store

Back