Transfer Portal 21-22

My understanding is that colleges will only accept 60 credits for transfer, which is why most students don't transfer after their junior year (student athletes could do that since they would have to sit out a year anyway before this requirement was removed). Unless Rickea completes her degree at MSST and moves on as a grad transfer, then she would set herself back academically by transferring as a senior and would play 5 years when she could be a top 10 WNBA draft pick.

@mlindsay I think that you could say that about any student-athlete, man or woman. It's probably likely that there are lot of students who wouldn't have had the opportunity to attend college if not for athletic ability, and are probably not exactly a stellar student to begin with. It's judging them a bit harshly to question why they can't earn their degree faster than the majority of college students who aren't juggling athletic commitments with academics.

That's what i was saying it not uncommon for kids to go to school with HS (college)credits now. So she might have a degree in hand. Jordan H will have one after this year i believe.

Last edited:
That's what i was saying it not uncommon for kids to go to school with HS credits now. So she might have a degree in hand. Jordan H will have one after this year i believe.

I had 52 credits when I started college. concurrent enrollment is common now. I could have finished in 2 years (with some summer and interim classes) but did 3 and got an extra minor and studied for my admissions tests. Takes a lot of pressure off when you come in with some credits. Especially for the athletes.

I had 52 credits when I started college. concurrent enrollment is common now. I could have finished in 2 years (with some summer and interim classes) but did 3 and got an extra minor and studied for my admissions tests. Takes a lot of pressure off when you come in with some credits. Especially for the athletes.

I was an athlete and did summer school even if it was just two courses and those credits helped too. I took more more difficult classes over the summer just better situation

VN Store

Back