Transfer Portal 21-22

And as others have mentioned, there is at least some possibility he could end up at his Alma Mater A&M. I think he stays at Texas but tough to tell.

Remember, even though A&M (College Station) is Vic's alma mater, he was born in Austin.

Just read that he was born in Austin and grew up in Houston, so now I don't know what city he actually considers "home."

...also, apparently Jordan's and Rickea's mom follow each other on the twitter-box...

On a positive note, Rickea had us in her final 3 her senior year and She and Jordan H. were friends. At one point there was a rumor that Jordan, Rickea, and Zia Cooke would go as a package deal. She is pretty good at the 4 spot and we are going to need one.

If you had been paying attention, you would realize that "Dirt Ball" is a parody account mocking Darth Vol. It was obvious who started it and what they were doing with it.
People that want to do this need to do it appropriately in blue font because when you do it in regular just makes you look serious. Just because they call themselves Dirt Ball doesn't give it away.

People that want to do this need to do it appropriately in blue font because when you do it in regular just makes you look serious. Just because they call themselves Dirt Ball doesn't give it away.
I agree. It should be in blue. One or two parody posts should have been enough, but it keeps going.

It’s funny how some of the posters were behind Warlick for so long but quickly trashed another former lady vol in such a short timeframe 🤦🏾‍♂️
The truth is that Holly wasn’t prepared to be head coach. Some may think she should have been ready, but she wasn’t. The transition was supposed to have been based on Pat’s normal retirement, which may never have happened if she hadn’t become Ill. I think she could have coached until she was 100! But as it happened, it truly was almost overnight that Holly was placed in charge of an enormous program with many moving parts whereas in her role as assistant, she focused on recruiting. And then to add to the pressure, she was trying to handle the loss of her coach, mentor, mother-figure, best friend, and boss: Pat. She had been in Pat’s influence since she was 18. She didn’t even have time to grieve the loss before she was let go.

All this to say that she is a wonderful human being, a good coach, and a LVFL….and deserves our respect.

...also, apparently Jordan's and Rickea's mom follow each other on the twitter-box...

Jordan and Rickea (and Zia Cooke) all were friends and did the majority of their official visits together. I am sure the parents got to know each other over that time as well. Jordan and Rickeas high school played each other a couple times.

Last edited:
Texas, Tennessee, Louisville and Maryland would all be good landing spots for her if she wants to be a star AND be on a team that's a NC contender. Or she could take the easy route and go to SC where she'll play second fiddle to Boston and might even come off the bench, but will be in the best position to leave college with a NC.

The other thing is whether or not she plans on graduating from whatever school she goes to. She'll likely be a top 5 WNBA draft pick, so the incentive to postpone her pro career by 1 year for the degree might not be that high for her.

My money is on Texas, with SC being the darkhorse.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Not getting my hopes up that Rickea will choose Tennessee as her transfer destination, but if she happens to that really closes any gap left between Tennessee and SC next season. I mean they will still have more All American fives overall but their starting five won't be any better and we can pull four subs very close to what they will have. If that did happen still need a strong post backup for Tamari. I think we can find that player in the portal before next season.

Rickea could go in and replace Bibby in the lineup as a stretch 4. She might not be as versatile defending interior players, but she'll provide more offense from that spot.

6'0 Owasu, 6'1 Briggs, 6'3 Miller, 6'2 Jackson and 6'3 Reese would be a formidable 5 that has versatile scorers at every position. That could work very well for Brenda.

Rickea could go in and replace Bibby in the lineup as a stretch 4. She might not be as versatile defending interior players, but she'll provide more offense from that spot.

6'0 Owasu, 6'1 Briggs, 6'3 Miller, 6'2 Jackson and 6'3 Reese would be a formidable 5 that has versatile scorers at every position. That could work very well for Brenda.

who is going to actually defend 🥴🤣

No, since she gets 1 free transfer without sitting out.

The more I think of it, the less likely I think she comes to Tennessee. She probably isn't planning on leaving her next stop with a degree. I can't see her being anything other than a 1-and-done.

I don't know if she finished up classes online to get her degree which is a possibility. Her mom is also BIG on academics so i would think this is a strategically planned move.

If she is a student during semester 2 when she decides (classes already were back in session) is MSU financially responsible for her classes at least until the end of the semester?

I agree if she can't finish her degree when she comes the option of coming here wont be hers. Kellie is not going to play with that graduation rate. But she keeps saying always a bulldog so i was thinking she would end up with a degree.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back