Transfer Portal 21-22

heard the Holly situation took us out her top. But she had a relationship with coach sam which may work in our favor.
I mean, honestly, if I’m her I’m going somewhere I can play. SC makes zero sense. Then I thought LSU, but they’ll be mediocre next year when their super seniors graduate. Maryland has Angel and they’re similar players. If I’m her, I’d go to Texas, Tennessee, Arizona, or Oregon. She will get plenty of playing time and has a chance to win. I guess UConn could always be an option if she wants to go that route as well.

Rickea Jackson I wouldn't count Texas out as one of her top teams. That is who she had her most success with even though she was having a good year this season. I don't think anybody can get along with the Hayes sisters seems wherever they go people start leaving.

I'm thinking Texas or LSU (maybe Louisville), because she would definitely get plenty of playing time. I wonder if that rift with Vic has healed though.
Kim will be first in line for sure and do everything she can to win this. She tracks that transfer portal like a hound dog and will give it Rickea the full treatment. I would love to have her at Tennessee she fits in really well as the replacement next season for Dye. Pissott fits in really well for Burrell. We would have a very awesome returning team with just another player addition like her.

Kim will be first in line for sure and do everything she can to win this. She tracks that transfer portal like a hound dog and will give it Rickea the full treatment. I would love to have her at Tennessee she fits in really well as the replacement next season for Dye. Pissott fits in really well for Burrell. We would have a very awesome returning team with just another player addition like her.
She'd do fantastic here, and deserves to be in a program that can truly make her part of a team with a good system and positive culture. I also think she'd develop really well here heading into the draft. She's been on my wishlist for a minute!

She'd do fantastic here, and deserves to be in a program that can truly make her part of a team with a good system and positive culture. I also think she'd develop really well here heading into the draft. She's been on my wishlist for a minute!
We should know soon what she is thinking. I hope it is Tennessee of course not going to get my hopes up been dashed quite a few times here lately.

I'm thinking Texas or LSU (maybe Louisville), because she would definitely get plenty of playing time. I wonder if that rift with Vic has healed though.

I’m betting she stays in the SEC. I’m thinking Tennessee or LSU. Both schools have the right opening for her.

Tennessee is honestly the most attractive because we will be bringing back a super talented team that needs a 4 player. I have faith Marta will be healthy and a great player but I’m betting she’ll need at least a season to get all the way there. Having Rickea would allow her to do that.

LSU will not have the kind of talent coming back to give her a really fun senior season. Kim is going to have to pull a portal miracle or they will be down a little next year I believe. At least until she gets a good recruiting class in.

Can’t see her going to South Carolina. Too much young talent there she’ll be lost in the shuffle even as good as she is.

No way she goes to UCONN. Just don’t see that being a good fit or a good idea. She’s a physical player who needs a physical league.

Louisville is always someone to watch for a player like Rickea. I think Walz hay day is about over though. I don’t feel like his teams play very inspired and he has not done much with the big time transfers he’s landed already.

Texas was something that came to mind but Rickea was really upset with Vic the way he left. Have to think he’s feeling a little guilty for leaving such a good player in such a bad position. Really a lot of this goes back to him…

And as others have mentioned, there is at least some possibility he could end up at his Alma Mater A&M. I think he stays at Texas but tough to tell.

I’m betting she stays in the SEC. I’m thinking Tennessee or LSU. Both schools have the right opening for her.

Tennessee is honestly the most attractive because we will be bringing back a super talented team that needs a 4 player. I have faith Marta will be healthy and a great player but I’m betting she’ll need at least a season to get all the way there. Having Rickea would allow her to do that.

LSU will not have the kind of talent coming back to give her a really fun senior season. Kim is going to have to pull a portal miracle or they will be down a little next year I believe. At least until she gets a good recruiting class in.

Can’t see her going to South Carolina. Too much young talent there she’ll be lost in the shuffle even as good as she is.

No way she goes to UCONN. Just don’t see that being a good fit or a good idea. She’s a physical player who needs a physical league.

Louisville is always someone to watch for a player like Rickea. I think Walz hay day is about over though. I don’t feel like his teams play very inspired and he has not done much with the big time transfers he’s landed already.

Texas was something that came to mind but Rickea was really upset with Vic the way he left. Have to think he’s feeling a little guilty for leaving such a good player in such a bad position. Really a lot of this goes back to him…

And as others have mentioned, there is at least some possibility he could end up at his Alma Mater A&M. I think he stays at Texas but tough to tell.
LSU losing a lot of players going to go down to the middle of the SEC unless of course Mulkey pulls off a transfer haul which she is quite likely to do. She could start at Tennessee perfect player to replace Dye in our lineup. She would make us top five in the country or higher exactly type player we need along with post player next season. I think UConn got some NIL money scheme going so wait and see on them.

Nikki McCray is probably the worst hire by a major WBB team ever. She's so bad Holly was probably like, "I can't believe they hired her". The sad thing is she looked really good on paper, but man...what a dumpster fire. She single handedly sunk the program.
Imo she wasn't ready for that stage yet, she had just started getting ODU going in the right direction and I think she jump ship from there entirely too soon.

Agreed she has shown she has the ability to coach but she needed to wait some more time and maybe a better fit.

I think she would have done really well if she waited a season and had taken the Auburn job. That was a program that needed some fixing and it was obvious they were going to change coaches soon.

I know MSST looked like a great deal because they were playing well, but that’s a trap usually. So many quality coaches have struggled in that situation. It’s really not easy to take over a winning program. I’d say it’s way more difficult than taking over a losing program in some aspects.

Especially in the SEC and with your first P5 coaching job. She came in to a team with a huge target on their back that she didn’t put there. Had a hard time defending it.

Yup, imo if she was still at ODU, she could've went from one city in Virginia (Norfolk) to another (Charlottesville)

Much easier transition with those relationships already established AND coming into a situation that didn't have a coach with final fours as the bar. She needed more time and for whatever reason it just wasn't a good match not to mention UVA has one of the best hospital and medical centers for any health related issues.

I think she would have done really well if she waited a season and had taken the Auburn job. That was a program that needed some fixing and it was obvious they were going to change coaches soon.

I know MSST looked like a great deal because they were playing well, but that’s a trap usually. So many quality coaches have struggled in that situation. It’s really not easy to take over a winning program. I’d say it’s way more difficult than taking over a losing program in some aspects.

Especially in the SEC and with your first P5 coaching job. She came in to a team with a huge target on their back that she didn’t put there. Had a hard time defending it.

Even Vic is finding it harder to replicate what he did at Ms St sometimes the pieces just fit better.
@mlindsay hit the nail on the head i believe the transition to UVA would have been a better fit AND she would have had the blessing of Dawn herself most likely. She could have also been the one to bring Dawn back to play and caused some excitement.

Even Vic is finding it harder to replicate what he did at Ms St sometimes the pieces just fit better.
@mlindsay hit the nail on the head i believe the transition to UVA would have been a better fit AND she would have had the blessing of Dawn herself most likely. She could have also been the one to bring Dawn back to play and caused some excitement.

Yes that would have been an excellent landing for her. Little smoother transition from ODU to the ACC as well

Looks like you're both on to something. From the Clarion Ledger:

Her decision to enter the portal also comes amidst tension between several players on the team, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation.
A confrontation involving Jackson occurred during halftime of a loss to Ole Miss on Jan. 16 that resulted in Anastasia Hayes' late arrival to the bench in the third quarter. A source said more dissention occurred after the loss to Arkansas on Sunday.

The youngest Hayes sister just quit on her high school team last week. That family has always been an unmitigated disaster and it starts with the "leadership" of the family. Very unfortunate because all those girls have tremendous athletic talent.

VN Store

Back