Transfer Portal 21-22

If 10.2 ppg and 7.7 rpg on a top 3 SEC team (Dye) is “fairly average” then I hope Franklin and others are fairly average.

To her credit, she turned it on and played great in the postseason. Looking at the whole picture however, she started the season shooting abysmally. Eventually she was fine as a starter, but had an unremarkable regular season considering the reputation she came with.

As I said during the Lady Vols' postseason run, if we had that version of Dye during the whole season Tennessee never would have left the top 10 and would have had a much better seed than 4...

They better, since they have no shooters on their team.

Safe to say they won't be a threat in the SEC. It looks like SC and Tennessee will be the clear top two teams, unless some of the other teams get crazy in the portal.

I think Kim will put together a tough team. Probably 3rd in the league

Arkansas could be good, it’s hard to tell, they have some players coming back from injury and a summer to develop Wolfenbarger and Poffenbarger. If Dauda can play inside they might be pretty tough. Daniels is a great PG but was hampered after that injury in our second game against them. She will be better next season.

To her credit, she turned it on and played great in the postseason. Looking at the whole picture however, she started the season shooting abysmally. Eventually she was fine as a starter, but had an unremarkable regular season considering the reputation she came with.

As I said during the Lady Vols' postseason run, if we had that version of Dye during the whole season Tennessee never would have left the top 10 and would have had a much better seed than 4...
Those are solid numbers from your 4th-5th best player. I don’t think anyone will be anticipating Franklin being a top 3 player, but everyone plays a roll & those numbers would be huge coming off of the bench. Horston going down was way more of a factor keeping us out of advancing than Dye’s play.

I’m glad you’re giving some credit to Dye though. She was more than adequate for a one year player.

Kim has gotten to work in the portal. I don't think they are up there with SC/Tenn, but she's building a nice team. I wonder if Blackwell will join her ex-Mizzou teammate?
Blackwell is deciding between Ole Miss, Baylor and SC

Harper and Dawn will be battling it out for the SEC moving forward. Kim can’t compete with either on the recruiting trail. Not worried one bit about LSU, they will be back to middle of the pack now that Pointer is gone. Kim should be thankful Nikki left her the team she did

Victoria Saxton averaged 5.8 points and 5.8 rebounds per game ... Snoop averaged more than that and she elevated her game when players went down. She did her part.

Now if we got Snoops numbers off the bench or even Saxtons number from Franklin off the bench then she has done her job 🤣

If Blackwell goes to LSU she gets more playing time and they will have a squad.

She would also get a lot of PT at Baylor, but I maintain that ship will sink rapidly. Captain of that boat moved to Baton Rouge.

At SC she would be on a great team, but runs the risk of playing behind several established players. Would definitely have to earn her minutes more and would have a shorter leash.

I think Kim will put together a tough team. Probably 3rd in the league

Arkansas could be good, it’s hard to tell, they have some players coming back from injury and a summer to develop Wolfenbarger and Poffenbarger. If Dauda can play inside they might be pretty tough. Daniels is a great PG but was hampered after that injury in our second game against them. She will be better next season.
Losing Sasha Goforth really hurts them. She was the toughness on that team. I don't know who they have that can play as physically as she did.

Will probably start with Daniels, Spencer, Langham, Wolfenbarger and Barnum...then Dauda, Poffenbarger and Ellis as the primary bench rotation. I can see this team getting killed on the boards and shooting themselves out of games.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Losing Sasha Goforth really hurts them. She was the toughness on that team. I don't know who they have that can play as physically as she did.

Will probably start with Daniels, Spencer, Langham, Wolfenbarger and Barnum...then Dauda, Poffenbarger and Ellis as the primary bench rotation. I can see this team getting killed on the boards and shooting themselves out of games.

I think it will be Ellis she has size and is a tough kid. She got thrown in the fire a lot this season but will mature into a good player I think. She was one of their better defenders and rebounders.

calling them fairly average is crazy and dumb
Not to mention, the impact in the paint that was lost when Green went down with that Knee injury. If people think playing 15 plus minutes at the post in the SEC on a team that was 18-1 at that time is "average", that is just someone who doesn't understand the pieces that is needed to win. Just because a player doesn't have all the tricks in their back pocket doesn't mean that they can't be highly effective doing what they do well and be impactful to a top team.

Blackwell is deciding between Ole Miss, Baylor and SC

Harper and Dawn will be battling it out for the SEC moving forward. Kim can’t compete with either on the recruiting trail. Not worried one bit about LSU, they will be back to middle of the pack now that Pointer is gone. Kim should be thankful Nikki left her the team she did
The ultimate jinx lol. Bet Kim gets a ring just because we said that.

Wishful thinking… had did LSU fare in the NCAA tourney? Should’ve loss in RD 1!
Wishful thinking would imply I "want" LSU to do well. The simple fact is, when Kim gets the personnel, she will do well. I think we have something special that'll do better, but let's not delude ourselves with regard to LSU.

Also, you could reply directly to the person you are speaking to/about. It makes it easier to follow your comments.

I don’t need instructions.. you talking about a team and coach that barely made it out of the 1st Rd of the NCAA tourney. That same coach went haywire in the SEC tourney during an embarrassing loss.
LSU might be good and they might not.. has nothing to do with anything said on this forum nor anybody trying to assume they should be respected based on some false merit!

I don’t need instructions.. you talking about a team and coach that barely made it out of the 1st of the NCAA tourney. That same coach went haywire in the SEC tourney after a embarrassing loss.
LSU might be good and that might not.. has nothing to do with anything said on this forum nor anybody trying to assume they should be respected based on some false merit!
Not even getting into the substance of what you're saying because clearly we disagree on this point, but your posts are hyperbolic and obnoxious. Chill out.

I love the optimism but no way Kim retires without a couple more championships weather it’s a conference or national but I agree right now on paper SC and Tennessee are the better team by a mile
2023 is very important for all of Tennessee, Sc, and LSU others because all are going to be senior loaded next season Tennessee and Sc more than LSU so you need to bring in a huge class of 2023 freshmen and the need to add two portal stars or more will also be necessary.

Little chickies and puppies need to start worrying. Kellie has built a strong nucleus and added in some really good players. If they can continue to master the psychology of the game, they will be real trouble for everyone next season.

Our championship hopes may go through the PG position this season. The wings /forwards are deep and talented and Tamari will be there to patrol the paint. We've got to perform better out front.....

VN Store

Back