Transfer Portal 21-22

Hopefully SC is recruiting players like Sara Scalia 42% 3Pt 17.9 PPG 3.4 apg and Cameron Swartz 17.0 PPG 40%3Pt 3.2 apg having players that can shoot, score, and pass is something SC needs to add next year to go along with defense and rebounding. They could learn to play SC defense and bring their offensive skills with them especially since Boston is so hard to guard they would both get a lot of looks from 3.
That is the type players they need the most for certain. They have more than enough inside and mid-range shooters.

Reactions: Mr.Pivot
Owusu is an excellent three point shooter. Raven was a good shooter in HS. Cooke can get hot from there. But with the frontcourt they have, the guards will have all the time in the world to line up their shot.
Yes she is good 26 of 74 last two season. She never takes many , but she makes a decent percentage. Raven is good also so they would have 40 minutes at one spot. I don't think Cooke is any good from the three she has her moments, but she is like Horston from the three makes a few and then misses a lot.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Russell and Hall for sure...maybe Rivers and Feagin. Even if those players leave, SC would still be the overwhelming favorite.
Yes and I would do it because with them I don't think they miss any of those players. Watkins and Cooper are better players in the next freshman class JMO. They would be willing to take smaller roles in year one as freshmen. Rivers, Feagin and Hall and Russell would need a new home to play meaningful minutes.

Yes she is good 26 of 74 last two season. She never takes many , but she makes a decent percentage. Raven is good also so they would have 40 minutes at one spot. I don't think Cooke is any good from the three she has her moments, but she is like Horston from the three makes a few and then misses a lot.
Zia is a career 34% shooter on a high volume. That's not horrible, and accounts for her cold 29% shooting this year. She was at 40% last season. Not a player you want to leave open and take your chances.

I think Feagin could wait, since her and Watkins would be getting a lot of minutes once Boston/Amihere leave. Rivers knows that minutes will be available once Beal/Cooke leave as well. I think the current/incoming freshmen are less of a risk to leave than somewhat like Russell (who hasn't done much in 2 years, so I doubt they'd feel her loss).

Somehow I just know Mulkey will land some of the better portal players and be back in the thick of it again next season, and I'm good with that. She is good for the SEC and WBB overall so it's better when she has players. I also think Louisville will get some as will Joni at aTm and it would not surprise me to see some of the better players going to some of the better ACC schools. just my thoughts on barker, but I could see her at aTm or Louisville.

Zia is a career 34% shooter on a high volume. That's not horrible, and accounts for her cold 29% shooting this year. She was at 40% last season. Not a player you want to leave open and take your chances.

I think Feagin could wait, since her and Watkins would be getting a lot of minutes once Boston/Amihere leave. Rivers knows that minutes will be available once Beal/Cooke leave as well. I think the current/incoming freshmen are less of a risk to leave than somewhat like Russell (who hasn't done much in 2 years, so I doubt they'd feel her loss).

The wild card for me is Cooper 6-2 pg/sg that can hurt you off the bounce or from long range will play a lot mark it down.

Yeah, Cooper seems like a classic "good things come to those who wait" case where her minutes will come after the first year...unless there is a significant backcourt injury that forces a call to action sooner. And that's assuming Owusu is NOT coming.

exactly! and if Reese comes what do you do with feagin tell her to wait another year behind reese and amihere ?

exactly! and if Reese comes what do you do with feagin tell her to wait another year behind reese and amihere ?
I don't know if Reese is projected as a 3 or 4. Probably a 4, who will get reps at the 3 if she develops the right skillset. So she'd take most of the minutes that Saxton is vacating, but there'd be some left for Feagin.

The other thing is let's say they do get both of the MD players. They will be putting games away so early that the bench will be playing a ton of minutes. I'm assuming if there is a willingness for Owusu/Reese to join such a loaded team, then they are ok with playing a smaller role than they did at MD with fewer minutes and touches.

Tennessee with a healthy J. Horston alongside the returning core and incoming players is a contender regardless of what other teams do in the portal.
I expect the LVs coaching staff to add 1 more player to be a contributor next season. They have options. And they’ve produce big every single time they’ve had options winning multiple recruiting battles against schools many on this thread are gloating on and on about.
Now one more piece could be the difference between tipping the balance in the LVs favor. The bench is in good hands with young talent that has a team first mindset.

My bet is Tennessee is going C/F in the portal next for a player that can compliment Tamari. None of these other options make sense. Jackson, Horston, Puckett, and Pissott will control all rotation minutes from the Wing position. You don’t mess with that for an experiment.
I expect Rickea to start at the 4. The staff might pull a shocker and bring in a player that moves down Horston and Rickea to the 2 / 3 spot. That’ll be fine. This team is going to be deep.

We have two scholarships open and if I could choose who I really wanted to add to our team it would be Barker and Cooper. If those two want to come they will both get to play a lot even as freshmen. If we can't have them and it is certain we can't then let's add a post like Martinez and try to get a top class in 2023. If that class is not looking good then we could go for another post like Hollingshead etc. cause we got a lot of work to do to get 2023 up to what we'll have next season which looks to certainly appear to be an upgrade over what we had this season. Depending on who we get in 2023 looks like we'll still be in the portal for two or three players again. Thus far in the portal we added one player with one to play and another that appears to be playing two seasons. Anyone else we add needs to be at least a two year player.

We have two scholarships open and if I could choose who I really wanted to add to our team it would be Barker and Cooper. If those two want to come they will both get to play a lot even as freshmen. If we can't have them and it is certain we can't then let's add a post like Martinez and try to get a top class in 2023. If that class is not looking good then we could go for another post like Hollingshead etc. cause we got a lot of work to do to get 2023 up to what we'll have next season which looks to certainly appear to be an upgrade over what we had this season. Depending on who we get in 2023 looks like we'll still be in the portal for two or three players again. Thus far in the portal we added one player with one to play and another that appears to be playing two seasons. Anyone else we add needs to be at least a two year player.
Cooper?

Didn't Cooper commit to SC already??

I’m taking Jasmine Powell playing PG alongside Brooklyn Miles for atleast next year and possibly 2023 over a player that some believe is now an all world PG after a McDonalds All American game. Geez lol.

VN Store

Back