Transfer Portal 21-22

Team chemistry might be challenging with that group.
I figure if they both commit there some of the current players will leave. They could possibly even see their freshmen reopen their recruitment. Some players there now will have to see no playing time at all unless they don't care to play.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
And also put them at a lock for the 2023 national championship. I don’t see anyone beating them with that lineup. Reese and Boston down low is just not fair.

Yeah, I mean, I've appreciated and supported South Carolina's rise to prominence and all, but it's beginning to hurt my feelings now. Rude! 🤣

Man no way!!! 🥴 NO WAY! If any coach could deflate any ego problems, it’s definitely Staley but my God that’ll be tough to compete with next year!
Gzz unbeatable…but come on Dawn what about the players you already have. Cordosa prolly was guaranteed a starting spot once Saxton left. You have top PG raven on your team now. With the top high school PG coming in.

Man no way!!! 🥴 NO WAY! If any coach could deflate any ego problems, it’s definitely Staley but my God that’ll be tough to compete with next year!
I'm not sure chemistry and egos even matter if she gets that group. Reese replacing Saxton who is just as athletic and about 10 times better in every basketball category. Owusu is the best passer in the nation IMO. If they get both, I swear I'm taking up another hobby. We won't be winning the SEC for a long time as long as Dawn is there.

As a SC fan, I do not want either. I believe it would start a portal exodus amongst some of the younger players. Plus there is prob a reason those two bailed on a good program and I don't want to find out why after they get on the SC team and chemistry is blown up. I'd take a pass on both for the SC team, I am sure they will do well wherever they go, just hope it is not at SC.

If it were true, that would lead me to believe there are SC players already headed for the portal that we do not know about (I consider Littleton and Russell headed to the portal already). Reese considers herself a SG and Owusu is a PG. Unless SC is ready to sit Cook and or Raven, not to mention Cooper or Rivers then this makes no sense for SC. even if Reese wanted to play upfront, like it was mentioned above, Feagin and Amihere and Cardosa would take a back seat, and that would blow up chemistry, again imo.

Last edited:
Gzz unbeatable…but come on Dawn what about the players you already have. Cordosa prolly was guaranteed a starting spot once Saxton left. You have top PG raven on your team now. With the top high school PG coming in.
He** it seems everybody just wants to win and it doesn’t really matter at this point. If she brings them in and no one transfer I’ll be really surprised!

I think Amihere and Feagin would be pretty pissed, especially Amihere, I was sure she’d be moving into the starting line up next year but I don’t think that’ll happen if Reese joins.

Raven is coming off an ACL tear but an absolute STUD at that position, I’m sure she wouldn’t mind a year behind learning from Owusu, as their games are similar. With Cooper coming in, she’s a freshman, she should understand her time will come.

I'm not sure chemistry and egos even matter if she gets that group. Reese replacing Saxton who is just as athletic and about 10 times better in every basketball category. Owusu is the best passer in the nation IMO. If they get both, I swear I'm taking up another hobby. We won't be winning the SEC for a long time as long as Dawn is there.
They’ll definitely be tough but I honestly think we can compete IF we can get another good post player!

I am sitting here thinking that if OUR heads are spinning over the constant additions to the portal and all the factors to consider, can anyone imagine what our staff is going through? Poor Sam must be wishing she'd gone into teaching or medicine or burger-flipping right about now. Of course, she could also be masochist who will be living her best life for the next 24 days. :p

Reese will be a junior and Owuso a senior. Reese would probably create the worse problems for current players and recruits. Owuso and Raven would be your point guards and that could easily be worked out. I guess Cooper could be your backup to Cooke and Beal. They could manage with Boston and Cardosa playing as a tandem. Watkins would have to accept minimal playing time because of Reese as would Rivers, Hall, and Feagin no way they can all play any meaningful minutes.

Last edited:
As a SC fan, I do not want either. I believe it would start a portal exodus amongst some of the younger players. Plus there is prob a reason those two bailed on a good program and I don't want to find out why after they get on the SC team and chemistry is blown up. I'd take a pass on both for the SC team, I am sure they will do well wherever they go, just hope it is not at SC.

If it were true, that would lead me to believe there are SC players already headed for the portal that we do not know about (I consider Littleton and Russell headed to the portal already). Reese considers herself a SG and Owusu is a PG. Unless SC is ready to sit Cook and or Raven, not to mention Cooper or Rivers then this makes no sense for SC. even if Reese wanted to play upfront, like it was mentioned above, Feagin and Amihere and Cardosa would take a back seat, and that would blow up chemistry, again imo.

Imagine things going so well with a roster so stacked that its diehard fans are practically begging for top players NOT to choose them? :eek:

Rooster, just hush. You are dead to me now. 🥴

They’ll definitely be tough but I honestly think we can compete IF we can get another good post player!
They are still three point challenged with those players. Henderson was their big one she is gone and Raven is very good. If they take Owuso means Raven sits a lot not good. They would be the big favorites with or without, but I would be willing to take them on if we could get players like Jenkins and Martinez as players to support what we already have. They can only play five at a time.

He** it seems everybody just wants to win and it doesn’t really matter at this point. If she brings them in and no one transfer I’ll be really surprised!

I think Amihere and Feagin would be pretty pissed, especially Amihere, I was sure she’d be moving into the starting line up next year but I don’t think that’ll happen if Reese joins.

Raven is coming off an ACL tear but an absolute STUD at that position, I’m sure she wouldn’t mind a year behind learning from Owusu, as their games are similar. With Cooper coming in, she’s a freshman, she should understand her time will come.

Yeah Amihere is a Senior and good, she should’ve been next person up. But like you said they were still contenders even before considering those two players. Just going forward those HS recruits gota be careful committing to schools that will still recruit over their position. But wow that’s a lot of talent just being cool with sitting on the bench.

I figure if they both commit there some of the current players will leave. They could possibly even see their freshmen reopen their recruitment. Some players there now will have to see no playing time at all unless they don't care to play.
Russell and Hall for sure...maybe Rivers and Feagin. Even if those players leave, SC would still be the overwhelming favorite.

Regardless of which way it goes SC is still the favorite next season because they have three starters back and four or five others that played a lot. I really like Watkins and Cooper thought they would play a lot as freshmen so we'll see if that changes if these players go there.

Hopefully SC is recruiting players like Sara Scalia 42% 3Pt 17.9 PPG 3.4 apg and Cameron Swartz 17.0 PPG 40%3Pt 3.2 apg having players that can shoot, score, and pass is something SC needs to add next year to go along with defense and rebounding. They could learn to play SC defense and bring their offensive skills with them especially since Boston is so hard to guard they would both get a lot of looks from 3.

They are still three point challenged with those players. Henderson was their big one she is gone and Raven is very good. If they take Owuso means Raven sits a lot not good. They would be the big favorites with or without, but I would be willing to take them on if we could get players like Jenkins and Martinez as players to support what we already have. They can only play five at a time.
Owusu is an excellent three point shooter. Raven was a good shooter in HS. Cooke can get hot from there. But with the frontcourt they have, the guards will have all the time in the world to line up their shot.

VN Store

Back