Transfer Portal 21-22

I know we need a big 5 player, but Reigan Richardson or Sarah Ashley Barker would be great pick ups. Reigan can light it up from the three and barker is that tough do it all type of player. The portal is loaded with top talent from the SEC right now.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
If today's game didn't convince you Kellie needs to get another big -- preferably one that can hit a damn layup -- I don't know what will...
Before the game, I didn’t give the Lady Vols much of a chance to win, but as the game progressed, I changed my mind, especially late in the 2nd quarter and it would have been quite the upset had they been able to. I know that I’m in the minority in my opinion that Key is nothing more than 6’6” uncoordinated stiff in the paint with absolute no concept of what to do and will never be anything else. She just hasn’t learned to play that position and after 3 years, she is not going to. The freshman would have been just as good and perhaps better. As for the guards, too small and by this point in the season they should have realized that the only way that they are going to score at the bucket is if they are leading on a fast break. Otherwise the high percentage of shots are and we’re blocked. I didn’t think that Harper did a very good job of coaching, especially in the first half. No time outs taken in the first quarter to either change defenses to stop the Louisville early beat down that was occurring and substitution pattern of taking out the only two scorers (Burrel and Dye) that were having any success for a period of time in the 2nd quarter.

Neverless, they are to be congratulated on the season. They had a lot of adversity and personnel losses throughout the season and fought thru them. Watching them throughout the season got me thru the winter!

If today's game didn't convince you Kellie needs to get another big -- preferably one that can hit a damn layup -- I don't know what will...

She had one in Keyen before the injury and she just can't open a jar of instant post player. I fully expect to see another arrival via the transfer portal

She had one in Keyen before the injury and she just can't open a jar of instant post player. I fully expect to see another arrival via the transfer portal

Does anyone know what the deadline would be for players to go into the portal and be signed in time to play next season? Jeez, it's crazy out there these days.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I swear most of you all just throw out any players name from the transfer portal that's decent and say we need them. We don't need Blackwell or the others like Barker and Edwards. We need a true low post 5. That's it. If we can't get a true post then we don't need to use that scholarship. If Ayoka Lee hits the portal then hell yeah we need her. That was only the names mentioned that makes sense. Blackwell position on our team is way too deep. Makes no sense to recruit her unless we have some people transferring out

I swear most of you all just throw out any players name from the transfer portal that's decent and say we need them. We don't need Blackwell or the others like Barker and Edwards. We need a true low post 5. That's it. If we can't get a true post then we don't need to use that scholarship. If Ayoka Lee hits the portal then hell yeah we need her. That was only the names mentioned that makes sense. Blackwell position on our team is way too deep. Makes no sense to recruit her unless we have some people transferring out

IMO you are right on. What I think is happening is a result of a few years of folks being hypersensitive to the fact that Tennessee hasn't been able to close on as many of THE most sought-after recruits as they once were pretty much priveleged to "select" moreso than "recruit."

So now that Harper has had success in the portal with such outstanding players/students as Jordan Walker, Keyen Green and Alexus Dye, and more recently has landed amazing players like Jasmine Powell and Rickea Jackson, I feel like supporters are simply feeling like that because we seem to be on a good run, why not go all in and just go for ALL OF IT??

lol

I believe LV supporters are excited by recent successes, but still are damaged enough to be okay with hoarding talent we may not actually have room for.

it's all good, though. Tennessee is paying people well to sort all this out FOR us. 😄

I like Karo as the backup to Key with 15-20 minutes per game and then starter her Junior Senior years.
I think Kellie is thinking this as well since no centers have visited recently.
I like Karo as a back up too, but I still think we need to add someone else. If we learned anything from this year, it’s that injuries happen. If anything were to happen to TK or Karo, then what?

Blackwell (and her mother) made news in St Louis while in high school - transferring schools she went to MO because her father did.
She transferred once, let’s not act like she went to 4 different schools. Also, she went from a predominately white high school in Whitfield to a predominately Black high school in Cardinal Ritter. My son goes to Catholic school now as a pre-schooler as well, and the only Catholic high school he can attend is Cardinal Ritter. Black parents can want their Black children to have Black experiences, and should be able to do so unapologetically.

Black parents can want their Black children to have Black experiences, and should be able to do so unapologetically.

?????????????

Please define "Black experiences."

Is that anything similar to eating, sleeping, listening to and creating music, playing with friends, watching tv & movies, reading, learning to ride bikes and drive cars, singing, using social media, studying for tests, writing stories, cooking, acting in plays, creating artwork, trying out different fashions and hairstyles, participating in church activities, playing sports, doing household chores, etc.?

We need to go after a center just to have a change of pace. Also the fact that Tamari can't seem to stay out of foul trouble or find her game several times in a season. Tamari can be very effective and also disappear. Having that other center would at least give us another option when she is having problems with fouls or being ineffective in her play in a game. I hope we find a way to make this position stronger like we have point guard and wing play. We've certainly improved our roster with the three addition thus far another center makes us look complete for next season.

Last edited:
?????????????

Please define "Black experiences."

Is that anything similar to eating, sleeping, listening to and creating music, playing with friends, watching tv & movies, reading, learning to ride bikes and drive cars, singing, using social media, studying for tests, writing stories, cooking, acting in plays, creating artwork, trying out different fashions and hairstyles, participating in church activities, playing sports, doing household chores, etc.?
There are certain things that are uniquely Black in this country. That the vast majority of Black Americans can relate to. For instance, I knew instantly that @LadyVol1908 was an AKA by just seeing her name. I can post a 🔺🐘🔺 and her and most of the other Black posters here know what that means.
We can discuss/recite certain lines from movies, growing up in the Black church, growing up with a Black mom, etc, are all part of the shared Black experience in this country. We can all also tell you about overt and subtle racism we’ve experienced. Being overlooked for something we worked hard for because of the color of our skin, and experienced DWB…these are unique elements of the Black experience in America.
I’ve never met nor have I ever seen @mlindsay, @VA_VOLFAN or 1908 but I can guarantee you that they’re all Black, simply by our exchanges on this site.

We need to go after a center just to have a change of pace. Also the fact that Tamari can't seem to stay out of foul trouble or find her game several times in a season. Tamari can be very effective and also disappear. Having that other center would at least give us another option when she is having problems with fouls or being effective in her play in a game. I hope we find a way to make this position stronger like we have point guard and wing play. We've certainly improved our roster with the three addition thus far another center makes us look complete for next season.
Could not agree more!

There are certain things that are uniquely Black in this country. That the vast majority of Black Americans can relate to. For instance, I knew instantly that @LadyVol1908 was an AKA by just seeing her name. I can post a 🔺🐘🔺 and her and most of the other Black posters here know what that means.
We can discuss/recite certain lines from movies, growing up in the Black church, growing up with a Black mom, etc, are all part of the shared Black experience in this country. We can all also tell you about overt and subtle racism we’ve experienced. Being overlooked for something we worked hard for because of the color of our skin, and experienced DWB…these are unique elements of the Black experience in America.
I’ve never met nor have I ever seen @mlindsay, @VA_VOLFAN or 1908 but I can guarantee you that they’re all Black, simply by our exchanges on this site.

Thanks for the thoughtful and thorough explanation!

I like Karo as a back up too, but I still think we need to add someone else. If we learned anything from this year, it’s that injuries happen. If anything were to happen to TK or Karo, then what?
Good point. One thing I can almost guarantee for next year is that of the day one starting five at least one will miss games due to injury. Seems like every team loses one/two to injury every year.
I think Karo could have a break out year next year.

VN Store

Back