Transfer Portal 21-22

I think it’s Rickea. Her Twitter the last few days seems like something is up. Posting about how much she loves Xaria Wiggins who just transferred to Auburn. Then a post about how when nobody has her back her mom does.

Carter’s social media is still covered in MSST stuff. Looks like Rickea’s insta had been disabled or she never had one. Pretty sure she had one, but can’t find it now.
her Insta is still here

I think it’s Rickea. Her Twitter the last few days seems like something is up. Posting about how much she loves Xaria Wiggins who just transferred to Auburn. Then a post about how when nobody has her back her mom does.

Carter’s social media is still covered in MSST stuff. Looks like Rickea’s insta had been disabled or she never had one. Pretty sure she had one, but can’t find it now.
Welp, guess that MSST isn't quite back even after the addition of the Hayes Sisters and Jerkaila. If Rickea leaves, then that leaves Jessika and Charlotte as the only players > 6'0 on the team. Good luck rebounding.

Can't say I'm surprised if Rickea does leave. I don't think that Nikki is capable of bringing out her best, and she's too good of a player to waste her career playing for a Z-list coach.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Welp, guess that MSST isn't quite back even after the addition of the Hayes Sisters and Jerkaila. If Rickea leaves, then that leaves Jessika and Charlotte as the only players > 6'0 on the team. Good luck rebounding.

Can't say I'm surprised if Rickea does leave. I don't think that Nikki is capable of bringing out her best, and she's too good of a player to waste her career playing for a Z-list coach.

Will be MTSU 2.0.

And I agree. I’m honestly surprised Jackson hasn’t jumped in the portal already. She went backwards last season and not in a good way. Seems like NMP is “challenging” her but you have to have mutual respect before that is a successful approach. Rickea seems like a competitor and I’m sure she doesn’t want to give up. Have a hard time believing she’s enjoying herself though.

Does make you wonder if we’ve signed a transfer already and they’re just not saying anything lol. This staff is so secretive. I find it kind of fun!

They are very secretive. I think people who previously were “in” are now “out,” and I like it. People outside the program have no business knowing what goes on inside.

They are very secretive. I think people who previously were “in” are now “out,” and I like it. People outside the program have no business knowing what goes on inside.

Same I think the same thing. Some people obviously had access to Holly and her teams. That has stopped with this staff

The last thing I will say about next season is I hope if we decide to stay with the current roster that it works out. I really don't have a lot of confidence that it will. We really need the player that can shoot the three and maybe replace some of the rebounding that Davis did every game. I personally was really hoping we'd decide to make a move or two to make us better against paint packing zones. To do that you must have consistent three point shooters who have an all around game can guard and rebound. I like the freshmen really going to be hard for them to make up what we lost in Davis.

The last thing I will say about next season is I hope if we decide to stay with the current roster that it works out. I really don't have a lot of confidence that it will. We really need the player that can shoot the three and maybe replace some of the rebounding that Davis did every game. I personally was really hoping we'd decide to make a move or two to make us better against paint packing zones. To do that you must have consistent three point shooters who have an all around game can guard and rebound. I like the freshmen really going to be hard for them to make up what we lost in Davis.
No slight to Davis but if 4 players coming in can't make up a little under 20pts and 10 rebounds, they shouldn't be on our team. I get that we want players, but there also isn't anything wrong with enhancing what you currently have (development). We spent majority of a season without 2 key players at the 4 spot and relied on a Center who many wished at times wouldn't play much. I too would like to see pieces added but I also know that some pieces need to heal and develop. Many didn't see the Rae we saw last year being the Rae she was her first year on the team.

I am confident that if Jordan and TK take the junior leap that Rae took and we get the play we were starting to see from Keyen before injury and a Walker looking to attack the basket, to go along with the flashes we saw from Marta and Tess as freshmen, we should be okay. Sometime Chemistry and development is far greater than always seeking the top talent or everyone else pieces.

No slight to Davis but if 4 players coming in can't make up a little under 20pts and 10 rebounds, they shouldn't be on our team. I get that we want players, but there also isn't anything wrong with enhancing what you currently have (development). We spent majority of a season without 2 key players at the 4 spot and relied on a Center who many wished at times wouldn't play much. I too would like to see pieces added but I also know that some pieces need to heal and develop. Many didn't see the Rae we saw last year being the Rae she was her first year on the team.

I am confident that if Jordan and TK take the junior leap that Rae took and we get the play we were starting to see from Keyen before injury and a Walker looking to attack the basket, to go along with the flashes we saw from Marta and Tess as freshmen, we should be okay. Sometime Chemistry and development is far greater than always seeking the top talent or everyone else pieces.
You can't look at it as 4 players to replace one since they all can't be on the court playing the same position at one time. The combination of players playing one position needs to make up that deficit and that won't be easy. It's not 4 players, it's one position no matter if there is 1 or 10 playing that position. We need a consistent outside threat to help open up he middle. It would also help if Key can improve her outside shot making the defense pull out to guard her, then we slash and dash to the bucket. It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

It's more than just replacing Rennia's points and rebounds average. I think the biggest challenge will be replacing Rennia's ability to hit tough shots while heavily defended in the clutch. That's not something that will be replaced by a group of freshmen, unless one (or more) comes in and is ready to be a go-to player from the tip off.

In an ideal world, Kellie would have beefed up the roster through some key additions from the transfer portal. Since most of the difference makers have already picked their new homes, then off-season improvement for the returning players is critical...otherwise it will be a long season.

You can't look at it as 4 players to replace one since they all can't be on the court playing the same position at one time. The combination of players playing one position needs to make up that deficit and that won't be easy. It's not 4 players, it's one position no matter if there is 1 or 10 playing that position. We need a consistent outside threat to help open up he middle. It would also help if Key can improve her outside shot making the defense pull out to guard her, then we slash and dash to the bucket. It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.
I agree with you points, I also think the outside shooting is there. The confidence to shoot, or the inside presence hasn't been dominant enough to allow it to take shape (and I wont mention the lack of playing time to even get hot from there).

As we have seen Rae isn't afraid to put it up, neither is Tess, nor Marta, and I don't think Puckett, Wynn or Striplin will be either. Although all 4 can't be in at the same time, I feel collectively (Miles, Wynn, Puckett, Striplin) that they can provide us with what Renia did in production (Stats wise). The hope is that we get a tad bit more production out of the other players we have and those who were injured. I think we will be okay but I also get that I am in the minority with this thinking and that's fine.

Last edited:
It's more than just replacing Rennia's points and rebounds average. I think the biggest challenge will be replacing Rennia's ability to hit tough shots while heavily defended in the clutch. That's not something that will be replaced by a group of freshmen, unless one (or more) comes in and is ready to be a go-to player from the tip off.

In an ideal world, Kellie would have beefed up the roster through some key additions from the transfer portal. Since most of the difference makers have already picked their new homes, then off-season improvement for the returning players is critical...otherwise it will be a long season.
I totally agree, but I also respond to those critical shots we have saw in the past from Rennia, we also started to see from Horston at times last season. I think the key is getting her and TK to take those next steps. If Jordan takes the same leap that Rae took from Freshman, to Sophmore to junior year and TK can take a similar trajectory that Izzy took from her Freshman to Junior year. I think we will be okay. Those are big ifs, but I truly think the talent is there. My hope is that the coaches can get it out of them.

Last edited:
I totally agree, but I also respond to those critical shots we have saw in the past from Rennia, we also started to see from Horston at times last season. I think the key is getting her and TK to take those next steps. If Jordan takes the same leap that Rae took from Freshman, to Sophmore to senior year and TK can take a similar trajectory that Izzy took from her Freshman to Junior year. I think we will be okay. Those are big ifs, but I truly think the talent is there. My hope is that the coaches can get it out of them.
I think Horston will be unstoppable once she stops rushing her shots and taking ill-advised floaters. I think she could easily step into Rennia's role once she learns to finish better and hopefully that next step will happen over the summer.

VN Store

Back