Transfer Portal 21-22

We can go Walker, Horston, Burrell, Key, and Green or maybe one of the freshmen then you have a much better bench Suarez, Puckett, Wynn, Striplin, Miles, and Darby. That should be better than the team we had last season if you see improvement in all five returning starters and the freshmen come through and give us far better bench play. So that may be what were looking at may not be participating in the portal.

The problem I have is looks to me that so many SEC teams are updating their rosters plus due to covid getting so many solid returnees finishing in the top half of the SEC is going to be a challenge. Better consistent three point shooting would go a long way to evening up our roster with some of the changes being made by other SEC teams. Burrell is outstanding from the three and guess we have to hope some of the freshmen or Suarez can become consistent from there to elevate our scoring. I know 30 percent as a team from the three probably want get us third place next season.

I don’t like Green and Key on the court at the same time often. Plus, until we see otherwise, between fouls and conditioning, Key has trouble with 25 minutes. Rather have Green primarily back her up. The other starter needs to come from the freshmen.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Some interesting comments (starting ~24:40) from Oregon WBB coach Kelly Graves on transfers and the portal (one counterpoint: how many players are pushed into the portal by coaches? Not all could keep their scholarship—that's why they're in the portal.)
Ey-B-QtXMAMx-JZ

I don’t like Green and Key on the court at the same time often. Plus, until we see otherwise, between fouls and conditioning, Key has trouble with 25 minutes. Rather have Green primarily back her up. The other starter needs to come from the freshmen.

It could be fine if Green has improved her outside shooting. We really need a stretch 4. Was really nice when Marta was coming along and teams had to respect her a little bit.

Does anyone other than me feel like Goldwire was fired? The release on her departure is very delicately worded. To me it seems like Kellie was not happy with results on the recruiting front/progress in the transfer portal and kicked her to the curb. Just my take. Who knows.

Does anyone other than me feel like Goldwire was fired? The release on her departure is very delicately worded. To me it seems like Kellie was not happy with results on the recruiting front/progress in the transfer portal and kicked her to the curb. Just my take. Who knows.

You posted this in three different threads.

Reactions: travis929
Maya Caldwell is the only one that was reported to have hired an agent this far from Georgia. With Nikki leaving I wonder if Pointer will stay at LSU?

Rickea or Jessika ?

I think it’s Rickea. Her Twitter the last few days seems like something is up. Posting about how much she loves Xaria Wiggins who just transferred to Auburn. Then a post about how when nobody has her back her mom does.

Carter’s social media is still covered in MSST stuff. Looks like Rickea’s insta had been disabled or she never had one. Pretty sure she had one, but can’t find it now.

I think it’s Rickea. Her Twitter the last few days seems like something is up. Posting about how much she loves Xaria Wiggins who just transferred to Auburn. Then a post about how when nobody has her back her mom does.

Carter’s social media is still covered in MSST stuff. Looks like Rickea’s insta had been disabled or she never had one. Pretty sure she had one, but can’t find it now.
🤔 If this is true, she maybe headed to Auburn...That will be 2 stud xfers headed to Auburn...This may cause Jessika to xfer as well [Auburn or not]...

VN Store

Back