Transfer Portal 21-22

Funny considering all the trash their coach drunkenly talked about Andra Espinoza-Hunter when she transferred. They didn’t seem to have a problem with Geno insulting a 19yo in front of a bunch of important people in the basketball world.

And I quote...

View attachment 360955
And it wasn't just Geno. The Boneyard wasn't exactly kind in their assessment of Andi's character after she left.

Well, I've never said anything about it here, but that image has come to me whenever Bueckers throws back her head,, closes her eyes, and holds her mouth wide open in a perfect circle. Still don't know what she's doing (yelling?), but it's not a good look.

If I knew how to do it on my phone, I'd post side-by-side images to compare her and Olive.

Otherwise, yeah, don't see the resemblance. Maybe they think she looks like Shelly Duvall.
That's a compliment. Shelly Duvall was a good looking woman back in the day.

I think that the BYarders are quite pleased to have Fudd and Ducharme coming in. They've got a lot of players at Anna's position, so (bluntly speaking) her loss will have minimal impact to the team. It's easier to wish a cheerleader (like Salary) well than it is to see an impact player (Evina, Mimi, Jaz) in search of greener pastures.

EDIT: I did peek at UConn Territory. Was someone here calling Anna "Olive Oyl"? I must have missed it, but now I can't unsee it...
Chappette posted my comment over there. HA! My point is she couldn't just compliment Anna leaving, she just had to take a shot a Vol Nation.
The only nickname I remember Anna being called was the "The Rat" ( nickname that came from her last name) that was from a UConn fan.

Funny considering all the trash their coach drunkenly talked about Andra Espinoza-Hunter when she transferred. They didn’t seem to have a problem with Geno insulting a 19yo in front of a bunch of important people in the basketball world.

And I quote...

View attachment 360955
What part of that is surprising, drunk or sober? What part would Pat Summitt not have said? My program. Buy in or bye bye. And what was the important people setting? Using the departing player to put the message out there wouldn't be my style, but its also the tough love persona of Geno, Pat, Bobby Knight etc., the one so often pined for around here.

Reactions: NeedOrange
Anna Makarat: "Makurat played in all 32 UConn games in 2019-20, starting 14 of them. She was fourth on the team in minutes per game (26.5), just ahead of star center Olivia Nelson-Ododa, so she was quite valuable. She averaged 7.9 points and 3.3 assists and was a 41 percent 3-point shooter with 59 makes that season."

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyPayne
The Boneyard and UConnterritory is taking her transfer pretty well except for the mods. Over at the Boneyard, Nan is threatening to ban posters who speculate about any more transfers and Chappette at UConnterritory is calling out the Vol Nation by saying this how you treat players that transfer from your program by wishing them well and not insulting them as they walk out of the door.
Such a communist place smh i stopped posting there years ago .

And I quote...

View attachment 360955
AEH was a unique case. Evidently she thought she knew more than Geno. I imagine being 'asked' to leave was a bit humbling.

They call Paige Olive Oyl because she is so thin. That doesn't make sense?
No, because they have nothing in common other than being thin. That's not the first name association for a normally proportioned (albeit thin) blonde. Anna at least has the hair bun.

See @glv98 post #1130

But was that how it really was... I don’t know. Also i don’t think the quote was bad but why did the university ask the poster to take down the video? I saw the original video when it was posted... I can remember it starting off with swear words and him drinking which is where i think the drunk thing came from.

What part of that is surprising, drunk or sober? What part would Pat Summitt not have said? My program. Buy in or bye bye. And what was the important people setting? Using the departing player to put the message out there wouldn't be my style, but its also the tough love persona of Geno, Pat, Bobby Knight etc., the one so often pined for around here.

Pat would literally have never said that. Ever. Especially in front of a whole room of people. We had a few contentious transfers. I remember her comments about other coaches interesting recruiting tactics but she never disparaged a player after they left that I can recall. She used to motivate some who were still under tutelage but would never resort to telling a room full of people something like that.

But was that how it really was... I don’t know. Also i don’t think the quote was bad but why did the university ask the poster to take down the video? I saw the original video when it was posted... I can remember it starting off with swear words and him drinking which is where i think the drunk thing came from.

The drunk thing came from the fact that he was drunk. I saw the video numerous times. I wasn’t so much what he said, but how he said it. Made it seem like she was literally a piece of garbage he threw away.

The drunk thing came from the fact that he was drunk. I saw the video numerous times. I wasn’t so much what he said, but how he said it. Made it seem like she was literally a piece of garbage he threw away.
That's how their fans treat every player that does not do what they say or want , no wonder the apple does not fall far from the tree. His influence is just out of line at times , let any other P5 coach make that statement about a player and it would never get shoved under the rug smh.

Reactions: VolBall09
Damn! Can't say I'm surprised. She must have seen the writing on the wall with the incoming freshmen. I was just watching th3 3-pt contest between Fudd and Ducharme, and it's clear that both of them will be surpassing her on the rotation by the time their conference play starts.

Whoever gets Anna will get a mighty good player.

Do we have room for her?

I really hope CKH, has a big transfer or two waiting in the the wings...if not, we could be in deep trouble next season, because the SEC top 8 are getting stronger...WHAT ABOUT US!! LVFL 🧡🏀🧡

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back