Transfer Portal 21-22

Delicia Washington is the one who is getting old. I think this will be 6 years for Patberg. Washington said she’s coming back to Clemson. Would have to check but I swear it will be her EIGTH season. Nuts. You’d think she’d need to move on to start a career at some point. Basketball or not.
Yeah, she's literally a grown woman playing with kids. I forgot the name of the Georgia post player from the early 2000s, but I swear it felt like she was in college for like 7 years.

Okay, I get the part about Kellie not being able to win championships herself. Pretty stupid that was ever a point. Teams win championships. I don't get the blocking part. Who is blocking Kellie from recruiting the players she wants?

My response was to a poster laying out that we would have no room on the roster including all current players.

UConn, Stanford, South Carolina... hooray parity!

These people actually believe this, lol. Parity in WBB has taken a nosedive in the last decade or so. That's why UConn has gotten the top recruit in the country in seven of the last 12 years. And the only others ones that have managed to do so were Tennessee (1), Stanford (2), Baylor (1) and South Carolina (1).

These people actually believe this, lol. Parity in WBB has taken a nosedive in the last decade or so. That's why UConn has gotten the top recruit in the country in seven of the last 12 years. And the only others ones that have managed to do so were Tennessee (1), Stanford (2), Baylor (1) and South Carolina (1).
Aj’a and Cox both got a championship at least, maybe Jones will also win one.

Reactions: volman128
Delicia Washington is the one who is getting old. I think this will be 6 years for Patberg. Washington said she’s coming back to Clemson. Would have to check but I swear it will be her EIGTH season. Nuts. You’d think she’d need to move on to start a career at some point. Basketball or not.
Patberg was in 2015 high school class and next season will be her 7th.
ali-patberg

Reactions: Amb3096 and CaliKid
There was a lot of chatter about whether Katie Scott was a Division 1 or Division 2 level recruit after she decommitted from Missouri State after Kellie left. Clearly can play at the lower Division 1 level. Not someone that Tennessee needs with Striplin and Puckett coming in, but she is now transferring:

I think Vandy now has six players in the portal. I think not having to sit out a year is going to make for a runaway train in transfers. Looks like it already has. Everybody can't play for a winner not going to happen.

I kn.. Coaches needs to be careful who they're getting because some players may still love the run around with different schools. Most players may end up stranded because they all can not play in winning teams while high school players are coming in.

Okay, I get the part about Kellie not being able to win championships herself. Pretty stupid that was ever a point. Teams win championships. I don't get the blocking part. Who is blocking Kellie from recruiting the players she wants?

Wow, as I said in the last post, another poster claimed we would have no room in 2022. I responded that should not stop her from recruiting difference makers. I never said she couldn’t recruit who she wants.

Does a senior have to declare since they are automatically eligible?
Because of the extra Covid year, seniors have to renounce their final year of eligibility and declare by April 1st or within 48 hours if they’re in the final 4

Reactions: lfvol
Wow, as I said in the last post, another poster claimed we would have no room in 2022. I responded that should not stop her from recruiting difference makers. I never said she couldn’t recruit who she wants.

I only asked the question once and you replied. Don't know what is behind your 2nd reply.

@Volfan2012

Can the players they have gotten from the portal change their minds or are they locked in now? I would be kinda hot if I committed to play for them expecting to have all those good players as teammates. They are now getting thrown into the gauntlet of starting over.

It is my understanding that the player can come back to the team they left IF the coach/school is willing to take them back If another school takes them, that counts as one of their initial counters just like signing a Freshman recruit. I expect most of these players will end back with their original schools unless they can make an impact somewhere. I know some of our football players that entered the portal may come back. I may be wrong but I THINK UT can only pick up 1 from the portal.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Leaving school with multiple degrees that are paid for.....nice!!

Like Bluto and the lifers in Animal House...enjoy the college life all you can.

I went through a four-year program in less than three years and only spent five quarters on campus (commuting from home the first five quarters plus the final quarter while student teaching). My advanced defrees were earned while working by taking night and summer courses.

The year + one quarter on campus were the most fun I had in my life. Saved a ton of money by commuting and loading up with full class loads but would have loved to have spent more time on campus.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back