Transfer Portal 21-22

200.gif

Another Hayes girl huh? I'm firing up the ole time machine and going back for a Bobbitt.

Sad for this crazy transfer system. A new coach they can't even give her chance.

lolll Annie's mom isnt very happy with Coach Ivey after her daughter entered the portal out of Notre Dame & she liked these posts on twitter

Reactions: Volfan2012
lolll Annie's mom isnt very happy with Coach Ivey after her daughter entered the portal out of Notre Dame & she liked these posts on twitter

Well it looks like Notre Dame has some Nega Fighting Irish. They have to give Ivey more than one year to get that program back. She is kind of like Harper starting from the beginning.

Okaka Adika is the one player that is in the portal that I wish we would try to get to Tennessee. She is a terrific three point shooter and excellent rebounder. I think she could take up quite a bit of the slack for Davis leaving and she is only a junior. She had a few doubles doubles for Butler which was a very bad team but she still played well even with that team.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
waiting on player notifications from the 47 NCAA teams and 31 WNIT who lost. could even be players who leave the new national championship.

a player leaves wanting more playing time? and may be on a roster where she is not as good as others - a lower tier team
a player leaves because of bad coach/player vibes or vice versa
she leaves such as wisconsin player tired of being on a bad team and wanting to win.
player from lower tier wanting to test her abilities on a better team.

I would wonder when the names are all out, which players and UT coaches will have former preliminary recruiting connections. my speculation on the LVs would be only seeking an elite player who can be identified as a team player. I would expect "that" player would be considered better that the three late recruits from last year. (not intended as criticism of them, just the next addition).

Well it looks like Notre Dame has some Nega Fighting Irish. They have to give Ivey more than one year to get that program back. She is kind of like Harper starting from the beginning.
the thing is they would have not made the tourney last year and they brought back the same roster that went below .500 ..its not like them not making it should be shocking

Reactions: CaliKid and dapeak

Unlike Kellie, she took over a program with a pretty bad roster. I agree she needs more time but the circumstances each one came into just aren't equal.

Unlike Kellie, she took over a program with a pretty bad roster. I agree she needs more time but the circumstances each one came into just aren't equal.
Really she had four five star players on that roster and got an early entry five star. Five players rated in the top twenty of their class so how is that worse?

Really she had four five star players on that roster and got an early entry five star. Five players rated in the top twenty of their class so how is that worse?

Peoples and Brunnelle were top 20 recruits, and if we are going to get technical, Peoples was actually ranked #21.

Destiny Walker was a top 20 recruit and was great at UNC before her injury.

The only other player they have on their roster that was top 20 is Olivia Miles.

I think ND should've made the tournament, but the roster makeup (talent and experience) of what Kellie took over and what Nielle took over aren't the same.

On that roster this season she had number six in her class Brunelle, number 8 in her class Miles, Peoples number 16, Number 20 in her class Westbeld, Gilbert 27, Marshall 34. and Destinee Walker highly ranked Grad transfer, and I think Marbry was a top 30 player as well. After number 2 Horston, 12 Davis, we have 43 Key, 57 KK, and I think Burrell was ranked 46 by one service and 116 by another. Salary was 53, Darby 104, Suarez no ranking, Rennie no ranking, Saunder 98, McCoy no ranking, Green three star, and Walker 3 star. That is our roster compared to theirs.

Peoples and Brunnelle were top 20 recruits, and if we are going to get technical, Peoples was actually ranked #21.

The only other player they have on their roster that was top 20 is Olivia Miles.

I think ND should've made the tournament, but the roster makeup (talent and experience) of what Kellie took over and what Nielle took over aren't the same.
Brunnelle should have went to UConn.

Westbeld was number 20 five star and Peoples was number 16 five star. Brunelle was number 6 and Miles number 8 so no Kellie didn't inherit the best roster.

On that roster this season she had number six in her class Brunelle, number 8 in her class Miles, Peoples number 16, Number 20 in her class Westbeld, Gilbert 27, Marshall 34. and Destinee Walker highly ranked Grad transfer, and I think Marbry was a top 30 player as well. After number 2 Horston, 12 Davis, we have 43 Key, 57 KK, and I think Burrell was ranked 46 by one service and 116 by another. Salary was 53, Darby 104, Suarez no ranking, Rennie no ranking, Saunder 98, McCoy no ranking, Green three star, and Walker 3 star. That is our roster compared to theirs.

You're leaving out the fact that they're all underclassmen except for Walker. And Mabry wasn't top 30 and was only given a 90 by ESPN. Nielle took over a very inexperienced roster whether you like it or not, while Kellie's roster simply had more experience. Also, we sucked last year and were going to be lucky to make the NCAAT. Last year was Kellie's first team while this year was Nielle's first team.

Many of ND's best players are freshmen, like Westbeld, Peoples and Miles. Miles, the fantastic early enrollee, only played six games. Mabrey was good for them this season, but she's a transfer from VT and wasn't highly ranked or highly recruited (unlike her sisters) anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: dapeak
Westbeld was number 20 five star and Peoples was number 16 five star. Brunelle was number 6 and Miles number 8 so no Kellie didn't inherit the best roster.

You're right on the rankings. For some reason the rankings in their bios on ND's website say lower than what the ESPN rankings say.

You're only taking into consideration rankings and not roster experience, and that's fine. But you know as well as I do that rankings don't mean a whole lot. Like Burrell, who was underrated. We've also had a share of highly rated recruits that turned out to be busts. All of ND's highly ranked players, outside of Walker, are underclassmen. And Walker hasn't looked as good since her knee injury at UNC, although she's still a solid player.

Also, Ivey didn't inherit Miles. Miles enrolled in January and only played in six games.

Reactions: CaliKid

VN Store

Back