Transfer Portal 21-22

Hmmm...decides to graduate on time because of her knees, immediately grad transfers to another school.

I don't know if Cooks was actually good or not, but she sure didn't show it this year. Not sure that's all on her, though.

Her in-conference stats were terrible. She had to be hurting.

She was really tough at Michigan State off and on. She does have a nice 3 point shot. Her knees do indeed seem bad. She looks like she has a hard time getting up and down and she has a tough time staying down in a stance guarding smaller players.
I just read her tweet again...missed that she's starting law school. I don't blame her for cutting $50k off her tuition by playing an extra year.

I wonder if the basketball program matters, or she's focusing on the law school first and basketball secondarily?

They must have had a team meeting last night lol.

Neither Yemihah nor Sidney was a surprise. Both of them participated on senior night. I was expecting Yemiyah to grad transfer somewhere. She's one that looked absolutely miserable. Zero development and it was clear that McCray had no use for her. She would make a quality backup center for any SEC team. Nikki best be wining and dining Carter for the next few weeks to make sure she has a post player next year.

Yet they haven't lost any of their core really good players. With Morris you *might* be able to coach her up to KK's level but probably not. Still at 6-6, she might be worth a 1 year G/T scholly if we have an extra one lying around.

I think Mingo Young is a tough loss with her defense and ability to play the 1/2. Cooks was a starter, but it seemed that as the season went on, she got less and less effective.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I think Mingo Young is a tough loss with her defense and ability to play the 1/2. Cooks was a starter, but it seemed that as the season went on, she got less and less effective.

Mingo-Young's stats were really bad in SEC play. Shooting percentages were ... 39% 2p, 27% 3p, 61% FT. She only started 5 of 13 SEC games; averaged 21mpg.

I just read her tweet again...missed that she's starting law school. I don't blame her for cutting $50k off her tuition by playing an extra year.

I wonder if the basketball program matters, or she's focusing on the law school first and basketball secondarily?

At that point you have to pick the best school. It’s about more than basketball. Michigan State actually has a very good law school. Don’t know the circumstances that she left there, but could see her going back to her previous school.

Three Notre Dame WBB freshmen have entered their names into the portal: —Amirah Abdur-Rahim, 6-3 forward, Marietta, GA —Alli Campbell, 6-0 guard, Altoona, PA —Alasia Hayes, 5-7 point guard, Murfreesboro, TN

At that point you have to pick the best school. It’s about more than basketball. Michigan State actually has a very good law school. Don’t know the circumstances that she left there, but could see her going back to her previous school.
Northwestern might be a good option also.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Three Notre Dame WBB freshmen have entered their names into the portal: —Amirah Abdur-Rahim, 6-3 forward, Marietta, GA —Alli Campbell, 6-0 guard, Altoona, PA —Alasia Hayes, 5-7 point guard, Murfreesboro, TN

Had a feeling Alasia would be in there. She didn’t play much and we know mom and dad wouldn’t have liked that.

Had a feeling Alasia would be in there. She didn’t play much and we know mom and dad wouldn’t have liked that.
I assumed this would happen as soon as I saw her commitment. Watched her a number of times in high school. Quality player but not the level of a Notre Dame. She would find some success at the MTSU level.

200.gif

Another Hayes girl huh? I'm firing up the ole time machine and going back for a Bobbitt.

I would bet law school does. It's clear that her after school plans do not involve basketball.

VN Store

Back