Transfer Portal 21-22

I’m also super tired of losing good players to transfer.

Just think where we could be if Kellie had Rennia, Rae, Annie, Evina, Mimi, Zaay and Jazz.

What she’s done with what we have is incredible. If she’d had all of that talent we could be scary good. I do believe at least a couple of those players have probably had some regrets watching us play this season. We are a ton better.
Evina looked like a certainty after that interview and Annie an Zaay something with team rules. Jazz friends in other places. Collins was probably leaving even if we didn't change coaches she was ready to get closer to home.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Evina looked like a certainty after that interview and Annie an Zaay something with team rules. Jazz friends in other places. Collins was probably leaving even if we didn't change coaches she was ready to get closer to home.

Oh yes, I know none of them were staying. Just would have been cool to see what could have been with all that talent. In a perfect world, if they all stayed and bought in, we could have been a Top 5 team this season.

Hayes had her drawbacks but you see what she’s done at MTSU and there is no doubt she would have been a massive asset for us this season. Defensively in particular. She is one of the few players we’ve had in the last 7-8 season who was truly speedy and could have matched up with the guards that have given us fits.

Who would you think might enter the portal?
No certain name I am just saying the portal has changed things too much. Maybe a player just wants to get closer to home, maybe wants to have a chance at a NC. Maybe playing their senior season under a coach who sends players to the WNBA regularly. Just saying as we saw last year anything can happen.

Oh yes, I know none of them were staying. Just would have been cool to see what could have been with all that talent. In a perfect world, if they all stayed and bought in, we could have been a Top 5 team this season.

Hayes had her drawbacks but you see what she’s done at MTSU and there is no doubt she would have been a massive asset for us this season. Defensively in particular. She is one of the few players we’ve had in the last 7-8 season who was truly speedy and could have matched up with the guards that have given us fits.

The thing that surprises me with Annie is how well she's shooting overall, even if she's not a good outside shooter. She's somewhere in the 45% range, which is pretty good for a volume shooter. Now if only she could make FTs...

Really don’t think any of them are going anywhere. Kellie and her staff seem committed to developing players and Em has gotten some minutes here and there. If she can speed up a little she could crack the rotation for 10-15 minutes next season as a backup 5.

If Tess gets fully healthy she could be an asset on the perimeter and carve out some minute from her shooting alone. If she were at full speed shes a player that could have helped us a lot against MIZZOU. She has the shot, she’s just too much of a defensive liability with her leg issues.

Don`t get wrong and i agree with you 99% of the time as you know ;) But don`t you think it`s fair to say we don`t know what any of the players are thinking. Tess is dress out and ready to play let`s throw the not fully healthy out the window. She had her warmups off and ready to play to me if you are hurt and can`t play why make the trip ? Like Marta she is not fully healthy but Kellie put her in the game and that was a mistake. It was brick city side of the backboard and a turnover. So to me if Marta and Tess are not fully healthy don`t play them at all.

Don`t get wrong and i agree with you 99% of the time as you know ;) But don`t you think it`s fair to say we don`t know what any of the players are thinking. Tess is dress out and ready to play let`s throw the not fully healthy out the window. She had her warmups off and ready to play to me if you are hurt and can`t play why make the trip ? Like Marta she is not fully healthy but Kellie put her in the game and that was a mistake. It was brick city side of the backboard and a turnover. So to me if Marta and Tess are not fully healthy don`t play them at all.

I don’t think it’s that they CANT play just that they aren’t physically able to guard like we need them to so their minutes are limited. If we had a bunch of foul trouble yesterday we probably would have seen Tess and Emily a little bit. Nobody was in foul trouble but Rennia for the first half.

Right now our numbers are dictating who plays. I don’t think Coach would be playing Marta at all if she could avoid it. In the first half last night she had to play when Rennia had two fouls. No other option even, as limited as she is. We didn’t see her at all in the second half because we didn’t need have to play her.

The answer is they could play a few minutes if needed but neither is 100 percent both are more like 80 percent.

I don’t think it’s that they CANT play just that they aren’t physically able to guard like we need them to so their minutes are limited. If we had a bunch of foul trouble yesterday we probably would have seen Tess and Emily a little bit. Nobody was in foul trouble but Rennia for the first half.

Right now our numbers are dictating who plays. I don’t think Coach would be playing Marta at all if she could avoid it. In the first half last night she had to play when Rennia had two fouls. No other option even, as limited as she is. We didn’t see her at all in the second half because we didn’t need have to play her.

Your are correct Rennia had two fouls she had to sub her out. She went to Marta that did not workout then she went with Horston. Not sure why Kellie went with Marta knowing she is not 100% when she had Horston on the bench.

Your are correct Rennia had two fouls she had to sub her out. She went to Marta that did not workout then she went with Horston. Not sure why Kellie went with Marta knowing she is not 100% when she had Horston on the bench.

I’m not either. Just trying to save legs some is my best guess. Horston isn’t 100% either. Don’t think she can go for 40 right now. We’re a little banged up

The thing that surprises me with Annie is how well she's shooting overall, even if she's not a good outside shooter. She's somewhere in the 45% range, which is pretty good for a volume shooter. Now if only she could make FTs...

Yep, in the couple games I’ve watched this year you can see why. Most of her buckets are wide open layups after she gets by her defender. She wouldn’t have as much success scoring in the SEC. She would still be a huge asset for our team speed though.

If we still had Annie and Zaay on this roster, we would definitely be a greater team and a contender imo. I state those 2 because I don't think either two wanted to leave but due to whatever occurred were forced to.

If we still had Annie and Zaay on this roster, we would definitely be a greater team and a contender imo. I state those 2 because I don't think either two wanted to leave but due to whatever occurred were forced to.

Yep, both sad situations. I really don’t think Kellie wanted to dismiss Zaay either. They seemed to really like each other. Your choices seal your fate sometimes though.

I say those two in particular would have made us way better because they both have the speed to defend on the perimeter. Green has been a bit slow with the brace on this season but she’s still probably quicker than anyone we have on our current roster.

I didn’t know Annie was forced to go. It’s been so long, maybe I just forgot.

Yes she will be back unless she gets a better deal in Spain. I think she had a chance to be on a Pro team there expect she wants to stay here and get better before going Pro.
You always have to worry about the players you get from overseas. Sometimes they can get pro offers in lower leagues and going home is just so enticing.

Marta came to the US to play basketball and most importantly get a degree from UT she said it herself..she is majoring in physics thats no joke lol
My comment was more a general statement on foreign players.

However, things change and foreign players have option. Not saying she is leaving. Far from it.

Marta came to the US to play basketball and most importantly get a degree from UT she said it herself..she is majoring in physics thats no joke lol
The young lady must have it together
intellectually to major in physics. Sounds
like she is here for an education. as well
as basketball. Glad she has a scholarship.
I wish her the best.

Yep, in the couple games I’ve watched this year you can see why. Most of her buckets are wide open layups after she gets by her defender. She wouldn’t have as much success scoring in the SEC. She would still be a huge asset for our team speed though.

The main thing I remember was her on defense . Whenever we were in man defense ( most of the time ) , other teams would just post her up down low and she could not stop anyone that close to the goal ! I would be interested in her 3 point % as I don’t think she had a good outside shot then ? 🤷‍♂️

The main thing I remember was her on defense . Whenever we were in man defense ( most of the time ) , other teams would just post her up down low and she could not stop anyone that close to the goal ! I would be interested in her 3 point % as I don’t think she had a good outside shot then ? 🤷‍♂️

Nope she didn’t. And I remember that too. Most of that was Holly not understanding how to handle that. If someone tries to post your guard you just bring a double right away. Perimeter players are not used to being doubled in the paint. Ends up being a TO every time if you you time the double right.

Nope she didn’t. And I remember that too. Most of that was Holly not understanding how to handle that. If someone tries to post your guard you just bring a double right away. Perimeter players are not used to being doubled in the paint. Ends up being a TO every time if you you time the double right.

Agree with the Holly no help defense! During her coaching years there were many uncontested lay ups by anyone who got past their defensive player .... just drive in for a lay up score and no one else would stop you because they were guarding their players! Drove me nuts ? 😱

Agree with the Holly no help defense! During her coaching years there were many uncontested lay ups by anyone who got past their defensive player .... just drive in for a lay up score and no one else would stop you because they were guarding their players! Drove me nuts ? 😱

Yes. It was insanity. She was always saying “well people just have to keep their player in front.” Which is great in theory, but if they can’t do it then you need some help D lol

VN Store

Back