Transfer Portal 21-22

Damn! Can't say I'm surprised. She must have seen the writing on the wall with the incoming freshmen. I was just watching th3 3-pt contest between Fudd and Ducharme, and it's clear that both of them will be surpassing her on the rotation by the time their conference play starts.

Whoever gets Anna will get a mighty good player.

Wondering If Mir McClean is next , shes a baller who lost more minutes than she gained along with the incoming class next year i see her being bypassed by the freshmen . I wouldn't mind Mir in a LV uniform !
Don't know how good she actually is. I only remember seeing Mir play major minutes once, and that was vs. Arkansas. The main takeaway for me was that she flopped more than a fish out of water, and spent most of her minutes sprawled on the ground when bumped lightly by one of Arkansas' 5'7 guards. Might just be an athlete but not a basketball player yet...and Tennessee has enough of those.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Don't know how good she actually is. I only remember seeing Mir play major minutes once, and that was vs. Arkansas. The main takeaway for me was that she flopped more than a fish out of water, and spent most of her minutes sprawled on the ground when bumped lightly by one of Arkansas' 5'7 guards. Might just be an athlete but not a basketball player yet...and Tennessee has enough of those.
We do ? Outside of Jordan and Rae whom else would you consider next year as enough ?

We do ? Outside of Jordan and Rae whom else would you consider next year as enough ?
We're talking about different things, but arrived at the same conclusion.

I see Mir as an exceptional athlete who did well at the high school level because she could "out-athlete" her competition without actually being skilled at basketball. I see the Jordans, Rae (although she's gotten better), Destiny (before she transferred), and incoming Kaiya/Brooklyn fitting into this mold as opposed to players that have fundamental skills. I'd rather have a more skilled player than someone like Mir who is still very much a project who doesn't appear to be a particularly good basketball player right now.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Damn! Can't say I'm surprised. She must have seen the writing on the wall with the incoming freshmen. I was just watching th3 3-pt contest between Fudd and Ducharme, and it's clear that both of them will be surpassing her on the rotation by the time their conference play starts.

Whoever gets Anna will get a mighty good player.
The Boneyard and UConnterritory is taking her transfer pretty well except for the mods. Over at the Boneyard, Nan is threatening to ban posters who speculate about any more transfers and Chappette at UConnterritory is calling out the Vol Nation by saying this how you treat players that transfer from your program by wishing them well and not insulting them as they walk out of the door.

The Boneyard and UConnterritory is taking her transfer pretty well except for the mods. Over at the Boneyard, Nan is threatening to ban posters who speculate about any more transfers and Chappette at UConnterritory is calling out the Vol Nation by saying this how you treat players that transfer from your program by wishing them well and not insulting them as they walk out of the door.
I think that the BYarders are quite pleased to have Fudd and Ducharme coming in. They've got a lot of players at Anna's position, so (bluntly speaking) her loss will have minimal impact to the team. It's easier to wish a cheerleader (like Salary) well than it is to see an impact player (Evina, Mimi, Jaz) in search of greener pastures.

EDIT: I did peek at UConn Territory. Was someone here calling Anna "Olive Oyl"? I must have missed it, but now I can't unsee it...

I think that the BYarders are quite pleased to have Fudd and Ducharme coming in. They've got a lot of players at Anna's position, so (bluntly speaking) her loss will have minimal impact to the team. It's easier to wish a cheerleader (like Salary) well than it is to see an impact player (Evina, Mimi, Jaz) in search of greener pastures.

EDIT: I did peek at UConn Territory. Was someone here calling Anna "Olive Oyl"? I must have missed it, but now I can't unsee it...
Paige is referred to as Olive Oyl by some who think that's witty. She is also called 'Slim' by some.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Pretty well but with a touch of sadness. She gave us a lot as a freshman and was desperately needed. But the immediate transfer ruling has revealed the seamy corporate side of WCBB. She's been recruited over and deserves to play. I expect her to go to a program where she can develop her brand before she makes a fortune playing in Europe. (UT would fit the description) So we are happy for her but sad to see her go.

Funny considering all the trash their coach drunkenly talked about Andra Espinoza-Hunter when she transferred. They didn’t seem to have a problem with Geno insulting a 19yo in front of a bunch of important people in the basketball world.

And I quote...

1617733031637.png

Paige or Anna? Because if it's Paige it makes zero sense...

Well, I've never said anything about it here, but that image has come to me whenever Bueckers throws back her head,, closes her eyes, and holds her mouth wide open in a perfect circle. Still don't know what she's doing (yelling?), but it's not a good look.

If I knew how to do it on my phone, I'd post side-by-side images to compare her and Olive.

Otherwise, yeah, don't see the resemblance. Maybe they think she looks like Shelly Duvall.

VN Store

Back