Transfer Portal 21-22

If we can’t take a difference maker in the portal due to our roster being full, it would be a remarkable fail. We have too many dead spots on the roster already. I would expect the head coach to sit with a kid or two to explain they aren’t likely to play here and then help them find a place they can. In fact, it would be surprising if the conversation hasn’t already happened.

All due respect to Walker and Keyen Green, but Kellie had better do significantly better in the transfer portal this offseason to remain competitive, especially seeing how much she is struggling with recruiting...

All due respect to Walker and Keyen Green, but Kellie had better do significantly better in the transfer portal this offseason to remain competitive, especially seeing how much she is struggling with recruiting...
Such a one trick pony. We get it. You are trying to convince LV fans that Kellie is a failure because you are afraid she is going to be really successful. You are harping on recruiting because the players looked better this year and the team made real strides. Recruiting is kind of all you’ve got left (actually you don’t because that is looking up too.)
You are really overplaying your hand. Aside from a couple of nattering nay bobs everyone else just dismisses you. What kind of an ego does it take to consider yourself such a master manipulator or do you just consider Lady Vol fans to be the dull knife in the drawer?

Meaning all the ones I mentioned in that post (Green, Hayes, Cooper), since that's the post the person I was responding to was quoting.

What I said really isn't that complicated. No idea why you over-complicated it.

It is not complicated to the person making the post, but when a poster uses pronouns (she, they, etc.) in a long thread like this one it is not always obvious who is being referred back to. It helps if names are repeated in follow-on posts.

What would have been helpful is to just clarify whether Collins was dismissed or left of her own accord whether than questioning how I got the idea from your posts that she was dismissed. I got lost in the she's and they's.

We don’t get back to the final four for a couple of years. We got to the 32 which is a win, even though we should have beaten Michigan. Kellie believes in team over a dominant player, and I agree. All of HER players have to be on the roster and have a couple of years of her coaching to gel. Around January of this season, I saw a dramatic shift for the better in every player in every facet of their game. We’ve had players like Massengale, who weren’t coachable. Or Westbrook who seemed to have a problem with women as authorities. We get great athletes , but they have to buy into the culture team concept Kellie offers. Gone are the days of two or three teams trading years being at the top. I want the team to play the best ball they can, and for the most part, I saw that this season. Never underestimate the disruption of staff in influencing players. I bet most of our roster grew up admiring and possibly recruited by Pat, and when she died, stayed commit to Holly because of her connection to Pat, and then stick around to play for Kellie. This kind of abrupt shifting for teens is hard on their emotions and minds. We need the stability, planning, and dedication of Coach Harper.
Who said Jaz wasn’t coachable or that EW has a problem with women as an authority figure? Why would she have ever signed with UT if a woman head coach was an issue? All of UConn’s staff minus Geno is female. I can’t believe you have me defending EW. We can say a lot of things about her and her family, but this is something you made up. Same thing about Jaz. Just stop.

I'm ready for the season to be over so I can see what the Lady Vols are going to do if anything. Barnes already in deep on the men's side going to get a super AA to reclassify and has a big man lined up that will make the starting lineup next season. I don't expect anything of that magnitude from the Lady Vols hoping for some roster improvements which if coming should come quickly in April or May for sure.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Who said Jaz wasn’t coachable or that EW has a problem with women as an authority figure? Why would she have ever signed with UT if a woman head coach was an issue? All of UConn’s staff minus Geno is female. I can’t believe you have me defending EW. We can say a lot of things about her and her family, but this is something you made up. Same thing about Jaz. Just stop.
Yeah, what in the world was that post based on? Certainly not reality. EW originally signed with a female coach attached to a program renowned for its female-centric culture. Also, her female Mom seems to be the central authority figure in her life. So WTF?

Jaz uncoachable? I guess that means she coached herself to the dramatic improvement she made between her freshman and sophomore seasons. And her uncoachableness went unnoticed when she got picked up by ubercoach Matthew Mitchell? This is just silly.

Yes and she was playing with a couple of the most talented players in the game which allowed success with a floor general PG that did not have the athleticism to break down the defense.
You really are a simpleton, aren’t you?

Koi Love (6-0 SO forward, Orlando, FL) has entered the portal, out of Vanderbilt WBB; she was their leading scorer (20.8 PPG) and rebounder (9.5 PPG) in their shortened, 8-game 2020-21 season; named to the All-SEC Freshman team for 2019-20; ranked in the top 70 in the 2019 class

Jordyn Oliver (5-10 SO guard, Prosper, TX) has entered her name into the portal, out of Baylor WBB; played in 25 games in 2020-21, starting 3 and averaging 4.0 PPG and 2.0 APG in 11.3 MPG

Koi Love (6-0 SO forward, Orlando, FL) has entered the portal, out of Vanderbilt WBB; she was their leading scorer (20.8 PPG) and rebounder (9.5 PPG) in their shortened, 8-game 2020-21 season; named to the All-SEC Freshman team for 2019-20; ranked in the top 70 in the 2019 class
She'll be a nice pickup for any team. Strong, physical player even if she's a bit undersized for the post.

VN Store

Back