Transfer Portal 21-22

Rickea doesnt look unhappy

Hard to tell with masks...although you can tell in the 2nd picture that Matharu and Kohl are smiling. I'm not getting anything from Rickea's picture, tbh. Pretty blank expression with the eyes. Still think she's a goner.

But good on the team for doing good deeds even while the dumpster fire of their season is burning brightly.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Hard to tell with masks...although you can tell in the 2nd picture that Matharu and Kohl are smiling. I'm not getting anything from Rickea's picture, tbh. Pretty blank expression with the eyes. Still think she's a goner.

But good on the team for doing good deeds even while the dumpster fire of their season is burning brightly.
Not sure where her head is in that shot, but it definitely looks like someone pinched her or something 🤔

Not sure where her head is in that shot, but it definitely looks like someone pinched her or something 🤔
Should also add that it's telling who's not there: Wiggins (already in transfer portal), Morris (graduating this year, appears mentally checked out), and Mingo-Young (could she be the next announcement to the transfer portal?).

Can't tell if the player between Hayes/Cooks in pic 3 is Godfrey or Taylor. I think it's Godfrey, which makes it even stranger that Myah isn't there. She's the only player on the team that even remotely appears...well...not miserable.

Last edited:
This is where the best coaches will separate themselves from the average ones. It will be a helluva job to be a hardass and earn players' respect without them jumping into the portal. Coaches will probably also be thinking longer and harder about which HS recruits they will pursue.

Should be interesting...

Should also add that it's telling who's not there: Wiggins (already in transfer portal), Morris (graduating this year, appears mentally checked out), and Mingo-Young (could she be the next announcement to the transfer portal?).

Can't tell if the player between Hayes/Cooks in pic 3 is Godfrey or Taylor. I think it's Godfrey, which makes it even stranger that Myah isn't there. She's the only player on the team that even remotely appears...well...not miserable.

Can't help but wonder what their 3 incoming freshman are thinking, I would think they began regretting their decision more and more as they watched the season unfold. I'd gladly take Jasmin Shavers in a heartbeat. No way to back out though unless McCray is let go after one season which doesn't seem likely.

3rd pic is Cooks,Godfrey, Madison Hayes, and Catterion Thompson

Reactions: Amb3096
Can't help but wonder what their 3 incoming freshman are thinking, I would think they began regretting their decision more and more as they watched the season unfold. I'd gladly take Jasmin Shavers in a heartbeat. No way to back out though unless McCray is let go after one season which doesn't seem likely.
Good question...I don't think the transfer rules work for incoming recruits. Theoretically, they could transfer after 1 semester and be eligible to play immediately.

Godfrey in particular has to be thinking that she made a terrible mistake in enrolling early. Or maybe it's a good thing because she's able to jump in the portal if she wishes to and not lose any eligibility.

Good question...I don't think the transfer rules work for incoming recruits. Theoretically, they could transfer after 1 semester and be eligible to play immediately.

Godfrey in particular has to be thinking that she made a terrible mistake in enrolling early. Or maybe it's a good thing because she's able to jump in the portal if she wishes to and not lose any eligibility.

I had the same thought. Wonder if we will see any freshman who enrolled early enter the portal? Wouldn't' surprise me.

Entering her name into the portal out of North Alabama WBB is Jaida Bond (5-8 SO shooting guard, Murfreesboro, TN), the team's leading scorer (15.0 PPG) in 2020-21, earning her second-team ASUN All-Conference honors; was 54 of 130 from 3-point land (41.5%)

The exodus will continue, kinda sad but that’s the landscape we’re in. McCray better get busy in the portal pulling people in.

Won’t be shocked if some of their recruits ask to be released. I would be right hot if I had signed as a five star recruit to a program that just missed the tournament.

Reactions: Amb3096
The exodus will continue, kinda sad but that’s the landscape we’re in. McCray better get busy in the portal pulling people in.

Won’t be shocked if some of their recruits ask to be released. I would be right hot if I had signed as a five star recruit to a program that just missed the tournament.
And all the good players are transferring out...I'd be hot also... 🔥

And all the good players are transferring out...I'd be hot also... 🔥

I guess Nikki wanted to challenge herself and didn't want to walk into an established program with a bona fide top 10 team. Well...it's a rebuilding job now!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mia Moore and Jasmine Shavers move on, along with Godfrey and the slew of other current players waiting to post their announcements on IG. She'll be left with ODU-level players before summer session starts.

I wonder how many of the players are looking at Ole Miss? If they added a solid PG and C (Taylor/Carter), they would probably be able to challenge SC for bragging rights in the SEC. That would also make the in-state game interesting....

Last edited:
I guess Nikki wanted to challenge herself and didn't want to walk into an established program with a bona fide top 10 team. Well...it's a rebuilding job now!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mia Moore and Jasmine Shavers move on, along with Godfrey and the slew of other current players waiting to post their announcements on IG. She'll be left with ODU-level players before summer session starts.

I wonder how many of the players are looking at Ole Miss? If they added a solid PG and C (Taylor/Carter), they would probably be able to challenge SC for bragging rights in the SEC. That would also make the in-state game interesting....

With Ole Miss missing out on the tourney, I expect them to be highly motivated next year. They’ll have everyone back, too. Add in an elite transfer- they turn into contenders for the SEC title and a second weekend NCAA tournament team, IMO.

VN Store

Back