Tracy Rocker Leaving for South Carolina

What I'm hearing from people in the know.. Pruitt decided we need to upgrade in recruiting prowess

Last edited:
Starting to feel like the Dooley era when his coaches all exited stage left
Coaches do that when, ya know... You stop paying them. The fact we hired his replacement before his name was off his door says all you need to know about this one.

I think they maybe were just more willing to pay him more then we are. Kinda hard to believe they have a bigger budget then us
Muschump is barely hanging on, and he will try and leverage as much money from the university as possible to try and hang on. Given their subpar facilities and the state of the program, it is perplexing why he makes this move.

What I'm hearing from people in the know.. Pruitt decided we need to upgrade in recruiting prowess
Whether or not this is Pruitt's decision, I think many on the board would agree. I'm very pleased with this year's class and I think similar classes in the future would be good enough for us to average 9 regular season wins... but to get to the top we're going to have to up our recruiting game a little.

Very good coach, very mediocre recruiter, only recruits when forced to. Everyone knew that when he was hired.

NFL would be a better fit for Rocker. SC has done very well recruiting DL last couple years so he will have talent to work with.

USC jr knows that they have to beat TN consistently in order to keep their program trending up. So for Rocker to go there is baffling, since he would need to beat our program, which is catching steam, in order to maintain a job.

The only thing that makes sense is that Pruitt told him to look for a job elsewhere and out of respect didnt fire him.

The problem has been his willingness to recruit...not his coaching ability.
I don't know why everyone is focused on this. If he can't connect with kids that is definitely a problem. If he just doesn't like being on the road and others are willing to be for him, what difference does it make? I can sell that approach by saying I am going to be on campus working with you while you are in college. It is all spin and various division of responsibilities. I think there is more to the story. It could be others did not like covering for him on the recruiting trail. Could be personality conflict. Could be energy level? I don't know. Just strange to peg it on recruiting. Doesn't Cutliff dislike recruiting? He did well staying on campus and being a developer of talent.

VN Store

Back