Tracy Rocker Leaving for South Carolina

I'd be thrilled if Rocker is replaced with Bo Davis and Hughes is replaced by Austin Thomas.
Austin Thomas went to Baylor didn't he? Plus wasn't there something about why he didn't take the job the 1st time it was offered to him? Can't remember and to lazy to go back n look. But would love to have him on staff. Overall I trust Pruitt n AD to get quality replacements.

Starting to feel like the Dooley era when his coaches all exited stage left

Do not believe his contract was renewed. Also hard believe director of player personnel to leave willingly to work with muschamp who has one foot out the door. Sounds like they were pushed out politely
It seems this way. Rock did a very good job coaching but he hated recruiting and with Coach if your a position Coach you must eat recruiting. We will hire a proven d line Coach who will mix it up on recruiting trail.

I can't believe SCAR can pay him more than what Tennessee can. Can't wait to see what he's getting there
Fulmer pretty much said we won't be outbid on coaches we want to keep......

His options may be limited. That is the only thing I can think of.
I agree with this

Do not believe his contract was renewed. Also hard believe director of player personnel to leave willingly to work with muschamp who has one foot out the door. Sounds like they were pushed out politely

Probably was asked politely to look elsewhere and that was the best option out there.

There were several coaches that were rumored to be on Pruitts hot seat and this is one of them. I thought his unit performed exceptionally. After seeing butch under utilize talent I’d rather have a great position coach than recruiter any day.

Reactions: ShreveportVol
There were several coaches that were rumored to be on Pruitts hot seat and this is one of them. I thought his unit performed exceptionally. After seeing butch under utilize talent I’d rather have a great position coach than recruiter any day.
You need a solid mix with none that can't do both to an acceptable degree

Reactions: orange parmejohn
This is a major loss as a coach Rocker is one of the most technical guys in the business. For this very reason its why he has the list of pro level guys he has produced. For what its worth they wanted him to stay at UT but tk another role and he took the opportunity to join Mushchamp who he coached with at Fla. Last but not least with all the talent the state of SC produces recruiting there with a resume like Rocker has it won't be hard to add to what they brought in this yr in the 5* like Burch and they have some future animals coming up in 21 too.
Most of the future animals in South Carolina will end up at Clemson. They got Burch because he is a local kid. Not to mention, Muschamp is a bad season away from being gone. Rocker may be one and done there. But I do agree, he’s one of the best I have seen at player development and I hate to see him leave. Hope Pruitt has Bo Davis on speed dial

Last edited:
This is a major loss as a coach Rocker is one of the most technical guys in the business. For this very reason its why he has the list of pro level guys he has produced. For what its worth they wanted him to stay at UT but tk another role and he took the opportunity to join Mushchamp who he coached with at Fla. Last but not least with all the talent the state of SC produces recruiting there with a resume like Rocker has it won't be hard to add to what they brought in this yr in the 5* like Burch and they have some future animals coming up in 21 too.
lol..wanted him SO bad that he didn't have a contract. You don't announce a replacement the same time a coach announces he is leaving if you are trying to keep him. He was told that he was going to be demoted to an off the field role.

Last edited:
Reactions: AllforTenn
Starting to feel like the Dooley era when his coaches all exited stage left

Um, what? This is a terrible comparison. Dooley lost 8/10 assistant coaches in late 2011 and early 2012, because he had that infamous loss to UK, but UT couldn't fire him (or chose not to) because we were still paying off Fulmer and Dooley's buyout was huge. In retrospect they should have fired him, but instead he reloaded with a new staff (including that dipshit Sal Sunseri as DC, what a disaster) and we had to tolerate him for one more (very frustrating) season.

Rocker OTOH, is moving because he has done a fanstastic job and is in demand.

There is ZERO comparison to the Dooley exodus. Dooley was a dead man walking after losing to UK. Pruitt won 7 of his last 8 games, and has most fans more optimistic than they have been since at least Kiffin, if not the earlier Fulmer years.

Definitely a head scratcher on how you think they are even remotely similar.

Reactions: PruittEra

And Rocker would be on Pruitt's hot seat because.....the DL played so well?

Huh. My smoke-up-ass detector is blaring.

I have no knowledge or ill will, but it sure seems like this was at best a mutable departing of ways. Not worried. It seems like every coach that CJP has had to replace ends up being an upgrade.
Strange autocorrect

VN Store

Back