Tough games for Chism

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
It seems to me that Wayne is not playing his best, as of late. Bad passes, slow hands, continuing to jack ill-advised three-balls, silly fouls. . . .I hope he comes around, and quick. We really need his inside presence.

He needs to learn to hold on to the freaking ball when he has it. He doesn't even pay attention until a guy rips the ball away and runs down the court. At least that was the case against Georgetown and Gonzaga.

It seems to me that Wayne is not playing his best, as of late. Bad passes, slow hands, continuing to jack ill-advised three-balls, silly fouls. . . .I hope he comes around, and quick. We really need his inside presence.

He's getting his stroke back. 1-2 tonight. Hit a big one against GT. His play under the basket is soft though.

He's been nothing short of awful the last couple of games.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It seemed like the more experienced guys forced plays tonight and the younger played within their roles. JMO

It seemed like the more experienced guys forced plays tonight and the younger played within their roles. JMO

I'd like to see Wayne forcing the ball into the bucket from two feet a little more often.

I'd like to see Wayne forcing the ball into the bucket from two feet a little more often.

obviously you all watch more UT bball than me, but for the life of me, I don't know why Chism even bothers standing outside the 3 point line. He's so good down low, yet I always see him jacking 3s he has no business shooting.

That's one part of our game that I don't understand, either. He's a low-percentage shooter from the arc, and it takes him out of the rebound battle. If I had my wish, he'd be given a "red light" by Pearl.

obviously you all watch more UT bball than me, but for the life of me, I don't know why Chism even bothers standing outside the 3 point line. He's so good down low, yet I always see him jacking 3s he has no business shooting.

I don't know why people are all over his back for shooting 3's. In all honesty, he's a fairly decent three point shooter. He shouldn't get a complete green light to shoot, but when he's open, i'd like to see him shoot. He's a big man with a shot.

Big Wayne will be back.

"so good" is way strong for his post game.

"so good" is way strong for his post game.

he does things he shouldn't be able to do down there. He has great hands and is very mobile. Again, I don't really watch UT bball unless it's a marquee game, but when I do, that's what I notice. He might go 4 for 7 behind the arc against South Carolina or Middle Tennessee State, but when I see a big game, I see 3-4 very stupid, out of position plays by him every game.

I often wonder the same thing. He has such good touch down around the basket. Just doesn't seem worth it if he's only going to make at most three out of ten threes.

he does things he shouldn't be able to do down there. He has great hands and is very mobile. Again, I don't really watch UT bball unless it's a marquee game, but when I do, that's what I notice. He might go 4 for 7 behind the arc against South Carolina or Middle Tennessee State, but when I see a big game, I see 3-4 very stupid, out of position plays by him every game.

Softness and stupidity plague his post game most nights. He could be solid and is some nights, but makes M Wingate look smart.

turnovers, missed easy shots, defensive lapses.

Softness and stupidity plague his post game most nights. He could be solid and is some nights, but makes M Wingate look smart.

that explains his love for playing behind the arc then. Man up and play like 6'9 guy should. Pearl shouldn't let him get away with that crap.

that explains his love for playing behind the arc then. Man up and play like 6'9 guy should. Pearl shouldn't let him get away with that crap.

I like Pearl, but crap like Chism and weak halfcourt D make me very skeptical about winning big ones. I believe to some degree, but I raise eyebrows quite a bit.

I like Pearl, but crap like Chism and weak halfcourt D make me very skeptical about winning big ones. I believe to some degree, but I raise eyebrows quite a bit.

glad to see an actual Tennessee fan express doubts about Pearl, I wasn't sure that was allowed here. Not that I feared the mods, more the posters. I have quite a few doubts about Pearl. I think if Tennessee rises to the top, Pearl will just be a set-up man for someone else. He's going to have to show that he can adapt solid set offenses and play tough D IMO before I'm ready to crown UT legit Final Four contenders on a consistent basis.

glad to see an actual Tennessee fan express doubts about Pearl, I wasn't sure that was allowed here. Not that I feared the mods, more the posters. I have quite a few doubts about Pearl. I think if Tennessee rises to the top, Pearl will just be a set-up man for someone else. He's going to have to show that he can adapt solid set offenses and play tough D IMO before I'm ready to crown UT legit Final Four contenders on a consistent basis.

There has to be some hard-nosed, disciplined play at some point.

Wayne Chism is not going to ever be Al Horford. That's not to say that he can't be a good player; he has nights, as BPV said, where he is very good. Mental toughness isn't really something you can teach. Wayne has all the physical tools and skills to be a spectacular post player, but he's still shies away from contact, still lacks the aggression to go up strong and flush it instead of settling for throwing something up to the rim haphazardly. It's frustrating, to be sure, but Wayne is what he is.

I remember in the tourney last year he became a man, it's not there this year.

VN Store

Back