Total scholarhips

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I know this has been covered but how many of these guys can we back count to last year?

We have 31 commits right now per Rivals. The way I heard it today we only have 28 spots including counting two towards last year. So by that, we are 3 over the limit right now that would have to not make it academically or they would have to greyshirt. Is that right?

2 can back count.

The question is How many medicals? I've heard 1 or 2
also there is 2 or 3 that will not make it and maybe 1 or 2 greyshirts.

Just remember UT doesn't have to worry about it till August.

i thought we couldn't have more than 85 ever on scholly?

You cannot ever have more than 85

1. greyshirts don't count against the 85
2. medicals don't count against the 85
and finally none of them count against the 85 until August, except for the ones already enrolled in school for spring semester.

so the 5 guys who enrolled early don't all count towards last years class.. how does that work?

The 2 will be back counted and the other 3 will sign scholarship papers tomorrow and be counted towards the 07 class. Those 3 are counted as part of the 25

25 every year but a max of 85 total at anyone time on the team. That's why some years you see UT only sign 14 or 16

Some of the Tennessee local kids can get into school through the Hope scholarship among other things. There are many ways around this mythical 25 per year.

VN Store

Back